• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumor: Damian Wayne-led Batman game in dev? [Up: New rumors plus Suicide Squad]

dan2026

The Damian game needs a dedicated button that lets you go 'tt'.

Damian_Wayne_006.jpg

BlizzKrut

Banned
Excited to know more about the Suicide Squad game, hope it's revealed relatively soon.

The Damian game sounds interesting, but I'm more keen on wanting to know more about the SS one.

ZeroX03

Banned
Both those games sound like they could be good, but would need an expert hand developing them and a strong creative vision. Compelling co op and create your own character is hard to do. Damien Wayne Batman doesn't differentiate itself nearly as well as Beyond.

But this is WB Montreal, who's one major game sucked. Not hopeful.

Some Nobody

he's a dickhead and getting a massive push from DC. i don't think he's ever been batman before this. he's robin and the leader of teen titans.

This was never a thing. They're billing it as a thing for the new comic coming out, but even then I bet its a case where nobody sees him as a leader.

DrBo42

Morning guys.

I am not able to post artworks and 3D modells out of resepect for my source, but I will give you the little information that I have.

Indeed, WB Montreal is working on two games right now.

Suicide Squad, in which they go help from Rocksteady.

- is a brawler
- you create your own avatar, grow it out, with tiers of rewards
- many characters to choose
- coop-action
- Borderlands esque

targeted for 2017 release.

Next game is the Damian Wayne game.

- has been greenlit last summer
- 10 years in the future (I think our future from 10 years now, not quite Batman Beyond)
- Bruce is old and has a beard
- harness on his leg
- uses a walking stick
- is mentoring Damian Wayne to be the new Batman
- Damian has a Batbike
- lots of great characters and also new ones, lot's or redesigns, like Black Mask being a female
- Dick's in it, has a shaved head
- some other villains are Flamingo, Poison Ivy and White Rabbit(old, looks like a granny)

Game is starting to roll in production, so we might no see it for a while, but I am very excited.

Speculation:

Schreier had written on Twitter that a lot of developers want to go the route of announcing a game and releasing it shortly after, like Fallout 4. It's up in the air when we are going to see Suicide Squad, let alone that Damian game.

EDIT: These games are not labeled Arkham, so this is probably an alternative continuity!

Good on you for not posting assets. If only one of these projects was a Superman game. Sigh, maybe someday.

Xav

Screw Damian Wayne. Give me Terry McGinnis instead.

In fact, just make a Batman Beyond game. Make it a dark cel-shaded game or something. Stop living under Rocksteady's shadow.

The Arkham games were great but I'm ready to move on.

DrBo42

Screw Damian Wayne. Give me Terry McGinnis instead.

In fact, just make a Batman Beyond game. Make it a dark cel-shaded game or something. Stop living under Rocksteady's shadow.

The Arkham games were great but I'm ready to move on.

I'm sure WB Montreal is capable and more than willing to do something new but the Arkham games sold. They're a success that the publisher is most likely not willing to move too far from. I'm sure the team will do some new things with the character/gameplay.

Kouichi

The Suicide Squad details sound very interesting but the details are too vague to get a clear picture. Brawler and Borderlands esque both sound awesome for SS though. I hope the avatar thing pertains to the DC characters. I want to pimp out my Deadshot just like I plan to in Injustice 2.

As for the Damian game, if it separates itself enough from the Arkham gameplay, then I might bite. As much I loved the Arkham series, it's become stale for me.

dan2026

I find it weird that even 10 years after his creation Damian still gets so much hate.

It's like people just read his 1st appearance and wrote him off from that. The character has come so far in that time and been part of some of the best Batman stories.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
I find it weird that even 10 years after his creation Damian still gets so much hate.

It's like people just read his 1st appearance and wrote him off from that. The character has come so far in that time and been part of some of the best Batman stories.

Its not Bruce and that seals it for these people.

Village

He gets hate because hes popular.

Some characters are like that.

aly

I don't hate Damian. Or rather I don't hate comic Damian. The push for Damian outside of that has been awful though. It's like they threw away all his character development and relationships and kept him way too similar to his first appearance with all that real son and oh so amazing skills nonsense.

Jawmuncher

SS being a TPS is cool to me. Though I guess that's why we're playing deathstroke instead of deadshot. Or else they'd have tk explain why he is missing all the time.

my b. didn't read that.
This was never a thing. They're billing it as a thing for the new comic coming out, but even then I bet its a case where nobody sees him as a leader.

yeah i was referencing the new book. it's most likely him being a dickhead thinking he's the leader.

i actually really like him. i can't believe it's been ten years though. jeez.

I love Damien, so no problem with that.

I still couldn't give two shits about Suicide Squad and that's what I wish DC would stop pushing.

Sadist

Damien Wayne Batman game? Sure, why not. Montreal working makes me cautious though. I didn't think Arkham Origins wasn't bad, but it didn't do anything new with the series. The only thing they improved on were the bossbattles those are more enjoyable than Asylum and City. Plus those bugs and imperfections...

Vyer

Damian is pretty awesome. Morrison did amazing things with him in the comics. Unlike, say, Jason Todd, the character actually had some depth and character growth beyond the initial 'he's a punk' introduction.

Alienous

Damian can be an interesting character, but that's next to Dick Grayson.

I don't expected a 'shaved head' Dick Grayson is going to be the golly character we know. Heck, with that much of a departure from a mullet, I wouldn't be surprised if he's a villain.

Battle for the Cowl would have been great. Dick-Bats, things going to shit, Damian introduced.

The God

How would an AK sequel work? Only way I can think of is Batman Beyond with Terry.

AK spoilers

Sequel could be about Azrael, Nightwing, Jason and maybe Tim all becoming their own version of Batman and fighting to take up the mantle. Huge Gotham City and make it GTA V style where we can switch between those 4.

Some Nobody

Damian can be an interesting character, but that's next to Dick Grayson.

I don't expected a 'shaved head' Dick Grayson is going to be the golly character we know. Heck, with that much of a departure from a mullet, I wouldn't be surprised if he's a villain.

Battle for the Cowl would have been great. Dick-Bats, things going to shit, Damian introduced.

Battle for the Cowl wasnt a strong comic but it'd make a fantastic video game.

RedHill

Banned
I don't understand the notion that mainstream audiences not knowing who Damian is is a problem. They didn't know who Nathan Drake was before Uncharted, or Kratos before God of War. The game will be called Batman, it's not going to flop because people "don't know who Damian is." If someone does enough research to see that it's a different Batman to begin with, they'll know who he is.

Ross61

I don't understand the notion that mainstream audiences not knowing who Damian is is a problem. They didn't know who Nathan Drake was before Uncharted, or Kratos before God of War. The game will be called Batman, it's not going to flop because people "don't know who Damian is." If someone does enough research to see that it's a different Batman to begin with, they'll know who he is.
This. All of this.

Shig

Strap on your hooker ...
Changing the title to say 'new info' without putting the new info in the OP should be a capital offense.

Banned
Morning guys.

I am not able to post artworks and 3D modells out of resepect for my source, but I will give you the little information that I have.

Indeed, WB Montreal is working on two games right now.

Suicide Squad, in which they go help from Rocksteady.

- is a brawler
- you create your own avatar, grow it out, with tiers of rewards
- many characters to choose
- coop-action
- Borderlands esque

targeted for 2017 release.

Next game is the Damian Wayne game.

- has been greenlit last summer
- 10 years in the future (I think our future from 10 years now, not quite Batman Beyond)
- Bruce is old and has a beard
- harness on his leg
- uses a walking stick
- is mentoring Damian Wayne to be the new Batman
- Damian has a Batbike
- lots of great characters and also new ones, lot's or redesigns, like Black Mask being a female
- Dick's in it, has a shaved head
- some other villains are Flamingo, Poison Ivy and White Rabbit(old, looks like a granny)

Game is starting to roll in production, so we might no see it for a while, but I am very excited.

Speculation:

Schreier had written on Twitter that a lot of developers want to go the route of announcing a game and releasing it shortly after, like Fallout 4. It's up in the air when we are going to see Suicide Squad, let alone that Damian game.

EDIT: These games are not labeled Arkham, so this is probably an alternative continuity!
Suicide Squad sounding underwhelming like the movie.

The Damian game sounds good though.

Thanks for the info dump!

Top Bottom