• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumor: Damian Wayne-led Batman game in dev? [Up: New rumors plus Suicide Squad]

takoyaki

A French site I've never heard of claims to have some additional information on the Suicide Squad game and some other sites have picked up the info.

via Google Translate:

Concerning the second video game, it will focus on the Suicide Squad. No surprise here with the film scheduled for August 2016. The game is officially in development at Warner Bros. Montreal, is a third-person shooter and a direct sequel to the video game Batman: Arkham Origins

-source

It's probably just a rumor/guesswork, but would this fit with what we know about the Suicide Squad game? (haven't been following the rumors very closely)

Jamaro85

he cant keep getting away with it

skYOFwB.gif

sleepykyo

Isn'the Damien just a punisher version Batman? Just give Dick or Terryville the mantle. Both of which would be better for interacting with a populated Gotham.

A French site I've never heard of claims to have some additional information on the Suicide Squad game and some other sites have picked up the info.

via Google Translate:

-source

It's probably just a rumor/guesswork, but would this fit with what we know about the Suicide Squad game? (haven't been following the rumors very closely)

Please and thank you. Especially if they have a multilayer like AO. Just polish it up.

Adnor

Banned
Can we stop pretending that Bruce only has one son?

:/

I agree with this. The batfamily is my favorite aspect of Batman and when people say that Dick, Jason and Tim are more like associates of Batman instead of his adopted sons it loses a lot of its appeal to me.

Also Alfred is Bruce's second father.

SRTtoZ

It took 3 pages until someone posted a Blankman reference lol. I seriously thought Damon Wayans was going to be in Batman.

A new batman game is obviously in development, but they'd have to step it up big time after AK. I mean the game wasn't bad, but I am not in the mood for another ghost town gotham.

I would love a Damian Wayne game based on his future self as written by Grant Morrison. I've always wanted a Batman Beyond game and this would be close enough. A fucked-up batman in a Blade Runner future could make for a great game and could reinvent the series after the conclusion of the Arkham games.

As for this rumor actually being true, I don't believe it at all but who knows, I'd love to be wrong. By the way, the rumor didn't originate from DC Planet but from this site :

https://bytesizeimpressions.com/2016/05/25/new-batman-game-may-be-on-the-horizon/

Grant Morison writing a game story would be killer.

Verelios

They should just make a Detective Comics game where you play as the whole Bat family. I wanna murk fools as Azrael and Red Hood.
How big we talking about? Everyone currently called Bat in Gotham or just strictly family? Because I'd rather just the Robins and batgirl.

JTripper

Damian is awesome but I can see that kind of game being super difficult and confusing to market to people.

"Batman's son? You mean Dick Grayson? Who's Damian?"

It would give them the freedom of creating a whole new cast of characters but eh, idk. I'd rather a Dickbats game if anyone besides Bruce is going to be Batman. Plus Damian is better when he's teaming with someone so they can butt heads.

Some Nobody

How big we talking about? Everyone currently called Bat in Gotham or just strictly family? Because I'd rather just the Robins and batgirl.

If you're gonna do it, make it be everyone. The Robins, Batgirl, "Spoiler and Orphan" (gags), Huntress, Batwoman, Azrael. Only way I'd accept not doing all of them is if they were being saved for a sequel.

evangd007

I really, really, really, really, really hope the Rebirth fukkery brings Tim back into at least having a role with the damn family.

He was Robin for TWENTY YEARS and can't even get on the damn Christmas Card list.

Then I have good news: Detective Comics is going to be based around Batman and Batwoman leading Tim Drake, Cassandra Cain, and Stephanie Brown.

Why would you rather play as the discount Batmen when you can stab people up with flaming knives as Azrael, shoot em up as Red Hood, or drop kick people in the head with thruster boots as Batwing? Cassandra Cain is the only Batclone that needs to be playable because she can whip ass better than any of them and they'd all play the same anyway.

Riposte

It's probably nostalgia but I feel like my version of DC's golden age corresponds to Tim's tenure as Robin : from the late 80s to Flashpoint. Sure, there was a lot of garbage in the 90s but overall, DC published so much great stuff during that era... Oh boy, I'm getting old.

To be more precise, I believe the true DC golden age was late 90s to early 00s, ending right around the time Geoff Johns became a bit of an edgelord and Identity Crisis and Infinite Crisis happened. After that DC was still good, but only in chunks (e.g., Batman).

LordofPwn

This would make Kevin Conroys comments at wizard world Des Moines make more sense.

Pretty much he said he really enjoyed the Arkham game series and would love to do more and also really enjoying being more of a father figure, because he really enjoyed that about beyond.

I was there and it seemed like he was teasing something but I could have been reading more into it than needed. Also posted about this specific thing in my E3 predictions.

To be more precise, I believe the true DC golden age was late 90s to early 00s, ending right around the time Geoff Johns became a bit of an edgelord and Identity Crisis and Infinite Crisis happened. After that DC was still good, but only in chunks (e.g., Batman).

I love the beginning of the Johns era even though I'm not necessarily a fan of Johns himself. Infinite Crisis was just okay as an event but the build-up to it was fantastic and it led to the amazing 52 weekly series. After that, I agree that it started to fall apart but as a Morrison fan, Final Crisis might be my favorite DC work of his. I absolutely adore that weird-ass story and it's a fitting conclusion to the DC universe that started in the 80s.

dan2026

Why not have a game where you can play as the whole Bat Family?

Batman
Nightwing
Robin (Damian)
Red Robin (Tim)
Red Hood (Jason)
Batgirl (Barbara)
Black Bat (Cassandra Cain)
Alfred

Then everyone will be happy.

Well, I'd imagine it would be the people behind Arkham Origins, WB Games Montreal. Honestly, it's freaking Warner Bros they're all about milking.

But at least they're doing something a bit fresh. Might even tie in the Arkham verse since it goes off on it's own tangent. The game could come with Ra's Al Ghul or Deathstroke as a grizzled old antagonist. As far as Batman Beyond, it wouldn't hurt to see some inspiration, I mean by the time Damien takes the cowl, Bruce's rouges gallery, aside from Freeze would be too old to pose a threat. Like the Jokers, with the
Joker being dead
a street gang would take it upon themselves to terrorize Gotham in their fallen idol's name.

I'd like to see some kind of interpretation of the Royal Flush Gang in the Arkham games at least just once.

I haven't kept up with the lore, but it's going to be interesting to see who Damien will get support from. Maybe an older Oracle, who made it to police chief? Well, right now it's all rumor anyway.

Pau

I don't get what's so wrong about Damien.
DC likes to push that he's the one true Batman heir because of genetics despite the fact that Batman has largely been about how adopted family is just as valid as biology. Pushing him as "Batman's son" ignores that Dick, Jason, and Tim are also very much Bruce's sons. (And that Helena and Cass are his daughters but who the fuck cares about girls right.)

aly

DC likes to push that he's the one true Batman heir because of genetics despite the fact that Batman has largely been about how adopted family is just as valid as biology. Pushing him as "Batman's son" ignores that Dick, Jason, and Tim are also very much Bruce's sons. (And that Helena and Cass are his daughters but who the fuck cares about girls right.)

Yep. It's like DC misses what made the Batfamily so great to begin with. Fingers crossed that rebirth fixes it in the comics, but I also wish the new movies would fix the dynamic as well.

akira28

I hope they actually get him to sound like a young arabic\middle eastern kid who isn't from the USA.

they write his dialogue like he's an international, and his voice work sounds like calvin and hobbes.

NMFried

Give me a Dick-led Teen Titans game with Arkham combat

or

A Dickbats and Damian game. Start with the Black Mirror story.

DrunkDan

I'd much rather a new 52 reboot of the universe (aesthetically as much as anything) and a new game that includes the Court of Owls (personal preference I know).

As much as I loved the Arkham games I'm over the bodybuilder character models. A day/night cycle would be excellent, as would more Bruce Wayne and also a storyline that took place over months as opposed to days.

And populate the city too, no more 'evacuated' bollocks. It worked well initially but it's become a little predictable.

I'd rather they focus on other DC properties than more Batman, even if it is something with Damian or a futuristic Batman Beyond spin.

I'm also a little fatigued of Arkham series and combat after Arkham Knight.

diaspora

Huntress and Cass suck, what do you want from me? Kat Kane though, now that would be a party.

aly

Huntress and Cass suck, what do you want from me? Kat Kane though, now that would be a party.

New Huntress is great, but that Helena B and not Helena W. so she isn't family anyway. Cass legit sucks though. I would take a game with Cass, Steph, and Tim though.

Top Bottom