• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumor: Damian Wayne-led Batman game in dev? [Up: New rumors plus Suicide Squad]

probably been mentioned before, but just let us play as harvey bullock during the time when him and jim were bros. The TV version of him anyway.

Gotham would actually be a good setting for an open world game and it doesn't have to be as crazy as it would be as if you had actual super villains. Or maybe that's what people want, I dunno.

I'm never going to get my Terry McGuinnis Batman Beyond game, am I?

You already have it:

Batman_Beyond_Return_of_the_Joker_(Video_Game).jpg

Damian became a good character under Tomasi and Gleason, would happily play a game as him if it showed any of the maturity of those Batman & Robin stories.

shoreu

Damian became a good character under Tomasi and Gleason, would happily play a game as him if it showed any of the maturity of those Batman & Robin stories.

ehh he's still a little stu

beating drake in a fight. Being an annoying brat at times. He has his moment's where i start to like him. But, then i look at an animated movie and that ruins the whole character even more.

daftstar

Off topic, but what are the chance of rocksteady unveiling their next project at e3? Been a whole year since AK's release but then again they aren't the biggest studio...

Highly doubt it. Given the time it takes to develop AAA games nowadays, I honestly wouldn't expect another game from Rocksteady until 2018-2019.

Also falls in line with my theory of a Batman Beyond game by RS in 2019 to match the when the show begins.

Goddamnit WB just give me Batman '66 while Adam West is still alive to do VO. Running around in an open world, day time 1960s tv show Gotham would be sublime.

Adnor

Banned
ehh he's still a little stu

beating drake in a fight. Being an annoying brat at times. He has his moment's where i start to like him. But, then i look at an animated movie and that ruins the whole character even more.

I didn't like Damian at first, but now he's an integral part of the Batfamily for me, especially his relationship with Dick.

Haven't seen the movies tho.

daftstar

*ahem*

... Batman Beyond show? a new one???? in 2019?????

Ohhh no lol. I was talking about the original series, since the pilot episode takes place in 2019. Then forwards 20 years later to introduce Terry.

Maybe the game will have an intro similar to the first scene in Beyond where you play as an aging Bruce and some counter prompts don't work causing him to get his ass whooped. Also Kevin Conroy can return and voice old Bruce over the comms while you play as Terry.

Ohhh no lol. I was talking about the original series, since the pilot episode takes place in 2019. Then forwards 20 years later to introduce Terry.

Maybe the game will have an intro similar to the first scene in Beyond where you play as an aging Bruce and some counter prompts don't work causing him to get his ass whooped. Also Kevin Conroy can return and voice old Bruce over the comms while you play as Terry.

oh...

But yeah, that would be really cool, especially the playable moment as Bruce and having to resort to picking up a gun at the end would be pretty dope.

You know what would be really cool? A Flashpoint Batman game. Playing as a fucked up Thomas Wayne Batman who's trying to take down Martha Wayne's Joker.

shoreu

I didn't like Damian at first, but now he's an integral part of the Batfamily for me, especially his relationship with Dick.

Haven't seen the movies tho.

Yeah I don't hate him all the time just in animation. They keep pushing this I'm batmans real son thing like all the others don't count or some shit I don't like it

PSFan

Goddamnit WB just give me Batman '66 while Adam West is still alive to do VO. Running around in an open world, day time 1960s tv show Gotham would be sublime.

I second this. But with the great actors who played the villains in the show gone, it really wouldn't be the same. I think Julie Newmar is the only one of the main four villains that's still left. I loved her as Catwoman as well as Cesar Romero as Joker, Burgess Meredith as Penguin and Frank Gorshin as Riddler.

They were all the first versions of those characters I experienced as a kid and to this day they are still my favorites.

RedHill

Banned
https://bytesizeimpressions.com

The person that first dropped this news has posted that the lead is in fact Damian and that The Judge will be one of "numerous" villains. He also mentioned that the game has steadily been in development for a year and that it won't take place in a single night

Drayco21

Doubling down, huh? I'm not big on this; Damian is the least interesting member of the Bat-Family except maybe Bruce himself and Barbara, but I guess this could be alright.

Would rather have seen Dick or Terry in the lead.

Some Nobody

So many questions.

- Who'd be developing this?

- Why another Batman game, particularly at a time where WB's working to raise the profile of as many other superheroes in the DCU as possible?

- Setting both those aside, there's a "Bruce as Batman" film coming out undoubtedly near the time this would hit. Being a tie-in to the films is one thing, but it's entirely different to not bother with the synergy of making sure the identities match on your Batman.

We already HAVE a VR game, so this is mobile or fake.

Or I'm just projecting 'cause I want a Justice League/Wonder Woman/Green Lantern/any A-List DC hero but Batman game.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
GR2.

We don't know what Sucker Punch been up tp. Is there a possibility they're behind this?

The game being "steadily in development for a year" points to Rocksteady, further assuming for the moment that it's a AAA PC/console game, despite the author's scepticism. If the project were being handled by a different studio, I would think it would have entered full production well before the end of Rocksteady's duties on Arkham Knight rather than just a few months.

Snakey125

So many questions.

- Why another Batman game, particularly at a time where WB's working to raise the profile of as many other superheroes in the DCU as possible?

- Setting both those aside, there's a "Bruce as Batman" film coming out undoubtedly near the time this would hit. Being a tie-in to the films is one thing, but it's entirely different to not bother with the synergy of making sure the identities match on your Batman.

Or I'm just projecting 'cause I want a Justice League/Wonder Woman/Green Lantern/any A-List DC hero but Batman game.

Because WB is obsessed with Arkham series and Rocksteady. They had a game already planned right before Arkham Knight came out. WB is Konami 2.0 in some ways fro

Also, you people still thinking Suicide Squad: If it does not show up at PSX, then it's more or less dead. There was also that free mobile game.

RedHill

Banned
So many questions.

Mobile? We have confirmation that WB Montreal has two AAA DC games in development currently.

Top Bottom