• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumor: Damian Wayne-led Batman game in dev? [Up: New rumors plus Suicide Squad]

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member
I think it was actually closer to 6 when you take away the time off between some of his runs, but yeah, he wrote Batman for an insanely long time by today's standards.

Ah, okay. Like you said, that's still a long ass time!

My favourite long-form narrative by a wide margin. Shame Bat-Dicks and Robin's title had to end.

I seem to remember that he was suppose to be involved in a Batman: Black and White series a long time ago, but I don't know if anything ever really developed from that, or if it was even a thing and maybe I dreamed it or something since I can't find jack about it.

Oh really? I hadn't heard. That'd be interesting.

Ah, okay. Like you said, that's still a long ass time!

My favourite long-form narrative by a wide margin. Shame Bat-Dicks and Robin's title had to end.

Oh really? I hadn't heard. That'd be interesting.
Black & White was announced last year along with Multiversity Too.

Speaking of Multiversity, Morrison had Damian as one of the Bats in one of the issues:
terra-168ppiv.jpg

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member

Speaking of Multiversity, Morrison had Damian as one of the Bats in one of the issues:

The work you put in to deftly return us back to the topic is about to be shattered: are we getting another Pax Americana?!

SpaceWolf

Banned
No thank you.

Scrappy Doo was to Scooby Doo what Damian Wayne is to Batman.

I'd much rather play a Ed Brubacker/Darwyn Cook inspired Catwoman game.

jett

D-Member
I remember reading that Damian had died in the comics.

Now I read that he has been resurrected. That's just funny but I guess it's par for the course. :p A Batman game without Bruce Wayne could be cool.

Yoshi

Headmaster of Console Warrior Jugendstrafanstalt
Why would Warner have to offer money to Rocksteady to get them to develop the next Batman? Isn't it their studio, i.e. they can just mandate it?

Sesha

If we see Cassandra Cain as Batwoman then I'm okay with this. If this is true I wonder if they'll go with the 666 or the Beyond costumes.

Okay, so I didn't just make that up haha.

That issue of Multiversity was also the one only I hated. I know it was internationally dull and boring, but I still fucking hated it.

75% Time Warner, 25% Square Enix.

Square? Did they do some work for them at some point before the Batman games? That just seems so...random.

FelipeMGM

That issue of Multiversity was also the one only I hated. I know it was internationally dull and boring, but I still fucking hated it.

Square? Did they do some work for them at some point before the Batman games? That just seems so...random.

Eidos owned 25% of Rocksteady, so when Square bought Eidos, they got the share

The city will not only be bigger, but will actually show more signs of Gotham’s population than ever before, meaning the ‘city has been evacuated’ plot thread is being left by the wayside (which is smart, because my primary concern with the latter Arkham games is just how empty and lifeless the world feels).
I have no idea about this sites track record but this part sounds great so I hope its true.

delSai

I could really go for another Batman game...
Does WB have any big titles announced at the moment? I can only think of Arkham VR and Injustice 2, but i wouldn't say Arkham is "big". I really wanna see what their teams are up to.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
I could really go for another Batman game...
Does WB have any big titles announced at the moment? I can only think of Arkham VR and Injustice 2, but i wouldn't say Arkham is "big". I really wanna see what their teams are up to.
Only a HD Remaster of Asylum and City I think

Ive read very little Batman comics but the ones that I have do absolutely nothing to make Damian a likeable or complex character.

Just Daddy issues and EDGE.

pvpness

Lol. Damian Wayans. That's how I read this. Heh. I'll take a more populated Gotham. Or whatever. I don't actually care.

I wonder if a lot of people snap to Damian in the current timeline comics when they see this rumor. Because the Damian this will be based off is the adult Damian from Batman 666 and 700 (I think he had his own miniseries, too? Can't remember). That's a much different character than the young Damian.

Dickbats would have been so much more interesting. He'll have a much more personal history with villains.

I feel like Damian will just be a slightly grimmer version of regular Batman.

What also sucks is they'll probably have a bunch of regular Batman villains even though this will take place at least a decade after the current time.

I also just hate the idea that Batman, a hero with no powers needs his successor to be genetically related to him despite having essentially several adopted sons who aided him.

Alienous

I'm surprised we haven't heard about any of their new projects.

I'm imagining development is troubled. They're supposed to be making a Suicide Squad game and they missed the Suicide Squad train.

And a Superman came was rumored. That's an easy game to fuck up and have to restart.

Still no PM from a mod.

Don't leakers usually post the details, then get a PM from a mod, resulting in either confirmation or a ban?

Some Nobody

I don't know how the vetting process goes, so if a Mod could PM me :)

Well, this is interesting.

What??? Oh man, The Just was SO GOOD. Just watching these heroes who's lives have become so boring they're literally acting out old battles to remind them of when their lives actually mattered?

Whole thing was top to bottom fascinating, though it's been a while since I read and annotated the whole thing.

Dickbats would have been so much more interesting. He'll have a much more personal history with villains.

I feel like Damian will just be a slightly grimmer version of regular Batman.

What also sucks is they'll probably have a bunch of regular Batman villains even though this will take place at least a decade after the current time.

I also just hate the idea that Batman, a hero with no powers needs his successor to be genetically related to him despite having essentially several adopted sons who aided him.

Eh, I think when you look at the extremer and darker direction the Arkham series in progressively, I think Damian would make more sense than Dickbats. There were times where it just felt like you could tell they wanted a Batman who would break necks, literally smash skulls, and run down enemies for real without some silly electric device thingy that shocked them.

The villains thing is a good point, but I actually think, if this happens, they'll probably do less of villains that are directly old Batman's rogues, and more rogues based on said rogues, spiritual successors if you will, somewhat like Beyond. Though they could do just twisted and nastier versions of original rogues I guess. Like a Two-Face who has been overwhelmed so much by the evil side he's completely disfigured his whole body, or a Penguin that's became so obsessed with birds he's genetically altered himself to be actual half-penguin or some shit like that.

What??? Oh man, The Just was SO GOOD. Just watching these heroes who's lives have become so boring they're literally acting out old battles to remind them of when their lives actually mattered?

Whole thing was top to bottom fascinating, though it's been a while since I read and annotated the whole thing.

Well, that's not what happened in the issue really. The old heroes were dead or moved off planet, and it was all their kids. I don't think they were acting out old battles, either, at least not that I remember? There was the Superman robots that would automatically kill any threat, but the heroes in the story didn't really do anything, outside Damian Bats.

delSai

I'm surprised we haven't heard about any of their new projects.

Yeah, it's about time something gets announced i think, the only thing they have announced for '17 so far is Injustice 2 and there's probably a Lego Game coming as well. I was so sure that they would announce Mordor 2 at E3, but nope. Also still no sign of Suicide Squad :/

Still no PM from a mod.

Tell me everything you know.

Some Nobody

I'm imagining development is troubled. They're supposed to be making a Suicide Squad game and they missed the Suicide Squad train.

And a Superman came was rumored. That's an easy game to fuck up and have to restart.

Don't leakers usually post the details, then get a PM from a mod, resulting in either confirmation or a ban?

I'm thinking he doesn't want to be banned for no reason, lol.

And I don't know that development has to be "troubled" , everything's just taking longer this gen.

I used to think Damian was a little shit and hated what his existence did to the Batfamily. Especially to my boy Tim Drake, but that changed after reading Tomasi/Gleason's Batman and Robin Vol 1. Morrison wrote him well, but Tomasi made me care about the kid. The inner urge he has to kill and the way he fights it to keep his father's trust makes for a compelling story that none of the other Batfamily has to go through (except Jason but he doesn't give a fuck most of the time). Highly recommend the first volume to everyone. Amazon link for anyone interested:

Batman and Robin Vol. 1: Born to Kill (The New 52) https://www.amazon.com/dp/1401238386/?tag=neogaf0e-20

That seems like the logical end-point. Arkham City pushed the idea that Gotham was going to end in a blaze of hell-fire and that really only pointed me in the direction of one Batman. Hell, the cover of Batman #666 is Damian standing against a blazing Gotham City with talk his powers came from Hell. I haven't played Knight yet, but I don't think there was much pertaining to that whole prophecy Azrael told in "City." So, a game based on Damian with his hell powers and all would be a really cool way to expand the Arkham universe.

rackham

Banned
Arkham knight got weird reviews. Didn't play it. I'd play this if the story looked good.

Terry McGinnis next

Top Bottom