• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumor: Dead Rising 4 leak from old build, maybe re-imag of 1 w/ 4p co-op & full town

Bro....

This is how I get down on some PC gaming:

yD3FBdp.jpg

Get on my level

ergoquestnew500.jpg

Of all Inafune's bumbling moves to westernize Capcom, the only bright spot was buying Blue Castle to make Capcom Vancouver.

Capcom Vancouver's efforts, feel like Capcom as opposed to those farmed out games that were in name only.

Yeah I really enjoy the DR series. I actually played them almost backwards DR2: Case Zero, DR3, DR2, and started DR1 but I find it is showing its age so I didn't finish it. Maybe I'll try again at some point DR1 fans, haha.

I'm glad that Cap Van has 3 projects on the go, which they recently announced on twitter and are hiring like crazy.

trikster40

Please at least be a reimagining rather than a straight up remaster. Fix some stuff, add some new stuff, and make it enticing.

farisr

If this turns out to be a reimagining of the first one, it would be a real missed opportunity for Capcom to not release it on PS4. But if MS provided the funds to get development started/make the game in the first place, can't really blame them.

ekim

So I'm pretty sure MS is the publisher of the game but there is a chance we have the same situation here as with RotTR. (Timed exclusive - So MS just publishing the Xbox/W10 version) I'm not saying it IS definitely a timed exclusive but I don't want people to jump on me if it is. :p

That Reddit dude recently claimed a zombie exclusive game would be at MS, didn't he?

I'm surprised 3 sold well, I was under the impression that it didn't sell all that good.

Pooya

The 'story' ended with 3, I guess they had to go back to the first game now. If it plays like 3, I'm not interested but it's cool that the series isn't dead I guess.

Lagamorph

I'd be happy to see Frank return, but I really don't want it to be just a remake of the first, I want an actual sequel to continue the general storyline of the game universe.

ffvorax

Will it be an XBO exclusive?
Never played a DR game... I'm curious, but I'm not going to get a XBO just to play it... (and talking about wives, I can have only one console at time exposed... so... PS4 only for me... :( )

Wild Card

Gone Guru...you beautiful motherfuckers reminded me of that song, and that moment in the park with the prisoners, gaaah damn!

ekim

Will it be an XBO exclusive?
Never played a DR game... I'm curious, but I'm not going to get a XBO just to play it... (and talking about wives, I can have only one console at time exposed... so... PS4 only for me... :( )

As I described above for now it's XB/W10 exclusive, yes. But you never know if there is some other deal attached like with Ryse or TR.

Frank again? Sheesh.

Like, I know he's quotable and all that, but there's zero character in him.

What? Frank has way more character than Nick and Chuck.

Besides his quoting he has history in the series, you can take photos, he is sarcastic, he does what he does for glory, his interaction with other characters is more interesting because of his personality.

Nick is a mechanic, that characteristic was only interesting for the fact he could craft vehicles. Besides that all he does is act shocked at events. Dull.

Chuck similarly is a parent and taking care of his kid was a chore. Sure you didn't have to, but that was one of his defining features. Besides that he was also dull character with basic reactions and personality.

Daffy Duck

As I described above for now it's XB/W10 exclusive, yes. But you never know if there is some other deal attached like with Ryse or TR.

Can you say how much of a remake this is? As in, is it exactly the same story just opened up outside the mall? Or is it a new scenario?

synce

It feels like it's way too soon for them to be remaking DR1 but I guess it has been about a decade when you think about it. I'd still rather see something entirely new

Denzar

Ohboy. New DR and it's still Microsoft exclusive.

That's fine, but those Win10 ports haven't exactly been great now, have they. Then there's the steam version of DR3. I wanted to enjoy that game so much, but most of my fun was buried by how terrible that port was. I want to be excited, really. Because I love DR as a franchise, but I'm far from confident DR4 on PC will be a technically proficient product. Hope the move to UE4 alleviates some of the developers porting problems.

ekim

Yea well this one will end up on PC too, is there even a question about that?

But published by MS in the first place. I wanted to make clear that there is still the possibility that Capcom may gain the rights to publish it on any platform they want after some time. Hence why I brought up the Ryse deal.

I'm really disappointed if it is a DR reamke. Why not make a new story that stars Frank West and plays in the the original mall/town?

ekim

I'm really disappointed if it is a DR reamke. Why not make a new story that stars Frank West and plays in the the original mall/town?

Could be a new story though. That's why I earlier said reimagination if that makes any sense. English is not my first language here :(

I love Dead Rising, but to be blunt the series has been a case of diminishing returns with each release. DR1 was quirky and original, 2 was fun but the final third of the game with the gas zombies was an absolute chore, OTR improved on that but neither game was as good or as mental as DR1. DR3 was just a straight up bad game. A bad open world design that just didn't work at all, crap characters and story, it was easily the worst game in the series and a real low for DR.

Ganado

I really hope they will release it like Tomb Raider was released with a Steam/UWP choice if Microsoft publishes it. I love all Dead Rising games and I don't want to get fucked for not having Win10...

dcelw540

So let me understand, they're remaking dead Rising 1 but will have the characters from the sequel? So is this continuing after dead Rising 3 or are they just completely rebooting it or what? Until we have the reveal this sounds a bit dumb unless it's a brand new game with Frank west and not a remake of the first.

ekim

So let me understand, they're remaking dead Rising 1 but will have the characters from the sequel? So is this continuing after dead Rising 3 or are they just completely rebooting it or what? Until we have the reveal this sounds a bit dumb unless it's a brand new game with Frank west and not a remake of the first.

I can only confirm it's the same location as DR1 and the same main char. So I concluded it's a remake/reimagination of some sorts.

Wereroku

But published by MS in the first place. I wanted to make clear that there is still the possibility that Capcom may gain the rights to publish it on any platform they want after some time. Hence why I brought up the Ryse deal.
So your contact for this has no clue if it is a permanent or timed exclusive? What changed between now and earlier when it was 100% exclusive?

bidguy

Banned

enter the dragon punch seems pretty sure its not timed

ekim

So your contact for this has no clue if it is a permanent or timed exclusive? What changed between now and earlier when it was 100% exclusive?

Did I ever say 100% exclusive? I just know the game is coming to W10 and Xbox One published by MS so it is at least a timed exclusive. I don't know the deal between MS and Capcom here obviously; that's why I left the option open that it also could arrive on other platforms so people don't get mad at me if that happens.

Wereroku

Did I ever say 100% exclusive? I just know the game is coming to W10 and Xbox One published by MS so it is at least a timed exclusive. I don't know the deal between MS and Capcom here obviously; that's why I left the option open that it also could arrive on other platforms so people don't get mad at me if that happens.
Ah ok. So dragon punch is working from a different source probably since he is saying 100% exclusive.

Given the history of the series on Xbox, and the 'fact' that MS are publishing the new game, I think it's highly likely that this is much more than just a timed exclusive.

Camwi

Fucking loved the entire series so far, so I'm happy. Hopefully this one'll be multi-platform so I can get it on my PS4 instead of Xbone.

Top Bottom