• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumor: Dead Rising 4 leak from old build, maybe re-imag of 1 w/ 4p co-op & full town

MUnited83

For you.
RotTR wasn't published by Microsoft though. Dead Rising 3 was.

If this is published by Microsoft, it'll probably be XB1/Win10 Store exclusive.

Microsoft published DR3. They could be doing so again for this game.
The Xbox One version was published by MS. The PC version however, was published by Capcom themselves. I find it hard to believe that it's going to be different this time.

Armigr

Didn't Microsoft say some time ago that they wouldn't fund 3rd party exclusives like this any more?

I would really like to play this game on PS4. :'(

Chris1

Same thing happened with DR3.

That came out before Win10/their initiative to get people on the win10 store

Didn't Microsoft say some time ago that they wouldn't fund 3rd party exclusives like this any more?

I would really like to play this game on PS4. :'(

Not what they said people just assumed that. He said their focus was on first party, that doesn't mean they're going to slow down 3rd party deals and do less of them. They could even do more of them and still technically be correct.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Why would they call it Dead Rising 4 if it's a remake of the original?
Presumably sales reasons. Remakes generally sell less.

Similarly Doom 3 was a remake of Doom 1.

"Remake" is probably not the right word so much as "re-imagining" though.

I think this will initially be XB1/Win10 store UWP exclusive game. Microsoft might let Capcom release a Steam version in addition. However, I think there definitely will be a UWP version.

Thats interesting, saw the same screenshot on 4chan a couple of days ago.

Not giving 4chan much credit, but perhaps some of the recent supposed leaks, over there, may have some weight.

Dead rising 1 was only on Xbox 360 too , well I guess you can count the wii version but it's been 10 years since the 1st released so an open world remake would be interesting
Add a town X forest X the end area expanded
the game ended with frank screaming lol, with zombies approaching the tank, you can easily add another hour of escaping gameplay

MajorMane

Santa psychopath boss when

I'd be down for a re-imagining of the original with four player co-op. Add in some of the improvements the past games have made, and you have a really good game.

Sesha

That came out before Win10/their initiative to get people on the win10 store

DR4 isn't first party, though. Capcom might want to leverage the strength of Steam, as DR 2 and 3 both did around 400k. Unless MS paid out the ass.

Really hope this is multiplatform. I never had the chance to play a Dead Rising game, so I'm looking forward to it's official reveal (which is most likely during the Xbox conference).

shandy706

Yes! Glad we're getting another DR.

I love this series, nothing else gets the hundreds (thousands) of zombies feel right.

DR4 is a dumb name, but Dead Rising set during Christmas is just about the most perfect thing possible for this franchise. Killing zombies with 3 buddies with Christmas carols blasting and decorations everywhere. That's getting me excited.

Vamphuntr

Is it launching at the same time on PC (Win10 store). My favorite Dead Rising is 1 by far so I'm excited. I enjoyed 3 with a coop partner too so all is good for me.

Top Bottom