• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumor: Deck Nine's new narrative game for E3 is a Life Is Strange prequel

grimmiq

While I enjoyed LiS, Chloe was one of my least favourite characters, the final choice was one of the easiest in the game for me, I'll wait for PS+ or a dirt cheap sale.

I really wanted a sequel where
you murder another town, just to see how far people will go to protect her.

There were numerous hints that Rachel was also a time traveler in the first game. She was liked by everyone and always "used to say the right words" which is highly indictive of use of time travel to make people like you. It's just what happens with Max on the first game. Rachel ends up getting killed and her power is passed on to Max. She only finds out that she has these powers after going through a traumatic experience (in the bathroom).

I could even go further and say
Rachel was the first to sacrifice herself to save Chloe which might have been initially on the teacher's radar instead of Rachel.

I feel like the best way to do it if Rachel did actually have time travel powers is to not let her use them through the game. Have it open up with Rachel and Chloe reading an article on
Mr.
Jefferson's arrest
, and discussing how she used her powers to stop herself from dying, and getting
him arrested
, therefore saving any further victims. Then, the storms start getting to the point like they were in Episode 5, and Rachel has to go back in time, and live out the last few days of her life knowing how and when she's going to die, being able to prevent it, but choosing not to in order to save the Bay and Chloe.

RedHill

Banned
This is definitely from Rachel's POV because I can't see them doing LiS without powers of some sort and if Rachel has powers there's no way Chloe knew about them.

ML930

Neo Member
Cautiously optimistic about this. I think how they portrayed Chloe and Rachel's relationship in LiS could allow them to do a time manipulation mechanic without it screwing up the canon.
It could be interesting if Rachel could see into the future and knew that Max and Chloe were the only ones that could stop Jefferson from continuing his crimes and sets events into motion to allow them to do so.
Most importantly, I hope that Dontnod approved the script at the very least so the game stays true to the themes presented.

TheStruggler

Report me for trolling ND/TLoU2 threads
never played life is strange, i know thee are a lot of fans here probably. as someone new coing in and with it being on ps plus, is it a good game?

ML930

Neo Member
never played life is strange, i know thee are a lot of fans here probably. as someone new coing in and with it being on ps plus, is it a good game?

If you like the Telltale formula, you'll like it from a gameplay prospective. The narrative is fantastic even if the "teen talk" is a bit overdone. It kind of sucks you in from the middle of Episode 2 on and doesn't really let go. It goes into some really dark places though so some of the content might be a bit overwhelming depending on your life outlook.

Top Bottom