• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumor: Far Cry 4 = Q1 2014, Rainbow Six Vita, AC3:L -> PSN/XBLA, [Tom Clancy's Rogue]

spannicus

Liberation was a great game in terms of mimicing the Assassins Creed console experience. Putting the game on PSN and for a great price I can say its worth it. Pick it up if you haven't cause it will probably be better than alot of stuff on PSN.

There another new tom clancy ip in the works. Maybe that'll we at e3 too. Tom clancy's rogue is what its called.

Maybe Ghost Recon related ?

I mean there was this:
Ghost-Recon-Future-Soldier-2.jpg

& also on Vita but never shown

Ghost_Recon__Final_Mission_42935.jpg

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
On one hand, I'm glad that AC3:L looks to be coming to PSN/XBLA. On the other hand, it's one less reason for me to get a Vita. :/

iNvid02

the fuck is this? the PC port was utterly fucked for months, their forums said it all

dont congratulate yourselves on dx11 implementation

i really enjoyed the game itself but technically it was a piece of shit for months after release

ezekial45

Banned
Far Cry 4 in a remote snowy area please.

I'm inclined to think they're gonna stick with a fairly tropical location for the next one. Given how quickly it's coming out. But yeah, a snowy place does sound like it could be cool. I'd like a FC that has a mix of different weather types.

Mitchings

Banned
Far Cry 4 on next-gen would be lovely; but I'd rather they take their time to really take advantage of the expanded technical abilities to benefit both gameplay and graphics; and to optimise for a solid performance.

From Ubisoft, Watch Dogs, AC4 & R6 Vegas is more than enough to keep us busy for the first year of the Next Gen.

Q4 '14 - Q1 '15 ..would be better imo.

DocSeuss

Epic Project Management(TM) man... have faith, bro. Dem cross-continent dev tools.

Seriously, Ubisoft handles its studios pretty good. They have the resources, they have the tools and they developed their production pipeline over the years. Nothing wrong in spreading the work across multiple studios - if you mange it correctly.
which, IMHO, they've done pretty good so far.

Their ultrahuge projects--Revelations and AC3, specificially--were huge messes that felt like they were made by a bunch of different teams only working off tangentially similar notes. The resultant games were giant jumbles of weird ideas that rarely actually worked well together, and in most cases, on their own. They weren't focused games.

Does anyone know anything about the state of that Ghost Recon final mission on Vita that we got the boxart for? Is it a future release product or something that was canned…

Not surprised to see that AC3:L is making the leap to consoles. I'm curious to see how it'll be received, as I personally felt it wasn't much better than previous handheld installments. Certainly, a much bigger game in terms of money thrown on it, but it's filled with a lot of really bad implementations of decent ideas.

I am (surprised, that is). I gave Ubisoft some credit and thought that they realised that a large part of the games appeal was that it was on the Vita and putting it on the same systems as the main series, would expose all the flaws far more than before (like the small scale, lack of polish, tiny budget and incoherent storyline). If true, I guess they're trying to get as much milk from the series as they can before it dies.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
There another new tom clancy ip in the works. Maybe that'll we at e3 too. Tom clancy's rogue is what its called.

Hmm, I wonder if this is the MMO or a different game.

The title makes me think more of a one player corridor type of game than an MMO, but two new Tom Clancy brands at once would at least be minorly surprising, unless the MMO is not a new brand.

Do people really not want a new Far Cry?

I thought 3 was great and Blood Dragon was bloody amazing. If they can sort out the repetitive nature of the missions and give players more to do throughout the game world, it could be something really special.

Also, bring back the I.E.Ds from Far Cry 2.

Surprisingly soon for FC4 but fine with me

But I don't want this to become the norm. I'll get burnt out on it fast if it's permanently annualized

I loved Far Cry 3 for the most part. The QTE boss fights were very disappointing and I felt that the story kind of fell apart at the very end. I'm still curious where they will go with the 4th game. It would of been cool if at the end of 3
Jason BROdy went completely insane and ended up being the main enemy in the next game

isn't this basically the implication with far cry 2? that the jackal is the guy from the first game. very similar hawaiian shirts...

RedSwirl

Far Cry 4 in a remote snowy area please.

I was thinking they'd do South America but this sounds cool too.

pretty much confirms we'll never see something as ambitious or experimental as far cry 2 from the series again. then again i'm one of the elite few who absolutely loves that game.

I don't know, from the reception of FC3 Ubisoft has said they believe gamers want more open-ended, systemic gameplay where they have the freedom to solve problems however they want. If they're going in that direction then they're basically evoking exactly what I liked about FC2 and 3.

bndadm

I'd buy multiple copies if they brought classic Rainbow Six to the Wii U. That tablet is perfect for plotting out mission strategies and routes.

Add local co-op multiplayer where the tablet person has feeds of all the others and can issue go-codes while the other players have the TV and carry out the plan.

<sigh>

Everdred

I'm getting pretty tired of waiting for Rainbox Six: Patriots. I think I've had it pre-ordered for more than a year now and they haven't mentioned anything about it. I do have a good feeling that we'll see it this year and it'll be released for PS3/4 and Xbox One/360.

EYEL1NER

I'm totally down for another Far Cry this soon. They have a lot of good stuff in 3 they can build off of.
AC3:L on XBLA or PSN is probably something I will pick up too. I planned on getting a Vita when Dragon's Crown dropped but might wait a bit longer. I was pretty disappointed with the third game, but I'll give this a shot when it goes on sale.

Hmm, I wonder if this is the MMO or a different game.

The title makes me think more of a one player corridor type of game than an MMO, but two new Tom Clancy brands at once would at least be minorly surprising, unless the MMO is not a new brand.

well maybe SC7 ?!, according to this Here SC will come to next gen.

Though it doesn't make sense, cause according to kaysee it maybe shown at E3, and Ubi is yet to release Blacklist, so I think it will have something to do with GRFS.

SentryDown

Sorry for the bump but it now appears that most of the facts were true with AC4, Rayman Legends Vita, The Crew, Tom Clancy's The Division and ACL HD.

Now the only missing games are Rainbow Six Vita, Far Cry HD and FC4 even if it seems obvious that this one is delayed.

Good job insider !

Top Bottom