• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumor: First Details revealed for Valve's next Game, Deadlock

Draugoth

Gold Member
Details on the new Valve game have surfaced online:

• Currently in Closed Alpha with hundreds of people playing. This initially included friends and family members of Valve employees, but invites have been spread more widely.
  • Competitive YouTubers have also been invited to play but they are under NDA
  • He's surprised more details haven't leaked before today considering how many people are playing.
  • Announcement is likely imminent

Deadlock. Next Valve game. Previously known as Neon Prime, Citadel. Competitive third person hero-based shooter. 6 vs 6 battling on huge map with 4 lanes. Usable abilities and items. Tower defense mechanics. Fantasy setting mixed with steampunk. Magicians, weird creatures and robots. Fast travel using floating rails, similar to Bioshock Infinite.

Basically, fast-paced interesting ADHD gameplay. Combination of Dota 2, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, Valorant, Smite, Orcs Must Die.Hero design pretty much inspired by Dota universe. Main map references modern steampunk European city (little bit like Half-Life). Initially game had sci-fi elements inspired by Half-Life and Portal, but after bad feedback dev team decided to focus on fantasy.

Last edited:

mansoor1980

Gold Member
Rynu7M.gif

midnightAI

Are they sure it's called Deadlock? That looks to me like that's just a character?

Or is this from something else?

Edit: ignore,that's from Valorant,way to confuse people Gabe Follower

Last edited:

diffusionx

Gold Member
Sounds like that one early thrid person MOBA on 360... Saturday Night something, something?

Also SMITE 2 is going third person MOBA. Well, it always was but more expanded. Will be interesting!

Last edited:

Kataploom

Gold Member
After Hi-Rez basically abandoning Paladins and Overwatch not being on par gameplay-wise (also feeling so unbalanced, WTF Blizzard?), I was fearing the Hero Shooter genre would die for me, being one my most enjoyed genres, hell I'd say everything "Hero based" is my thing and they seemed to disappear from new releases, I'm happy of this rumor and hope it's true (also, I hope the game is good!)

rm082e

HL3 I don't believe will ever come out. L4D3, I wouldn't be surprised if it was being talked about before Back4Blood flopped.

Which is exactly the wrong lesson to take. B4B flopped because they didn't just make a simple L4D clone. I still think L4D fans would flock to a new game made by Valve.

Generic

After Hi-Rez basically abandoning Paladins and Overwatch not being on par gameplay-wise (also feeling so unbalanced, WTF Blizzard?), I was fearing the Hero Shooter genre would die for me, being one my most enjoyed genres, hell I'd say everything "Hero based" is my thing and they seemed to disappear from new releases, I'm happy of this rumor and hope it's true (also, I hope the game is good!)
I used to like Paladins. Used to.

Kataploom

Gold Member
I used to like Paladins. Used to.
I still like it, I play sometimes with some friends but matchmaking and servers are bs, rarely you get a close match, it's always you obliterate them or they do to you. OW2 gets what I want but the gameplay isn't up there compared to Paladins, not even the balance and Paladins isn't perfectly balanced either but OW2 feels just unbalanced by design or whatever

HL3.exe

Supposed to be Half-Life flavoured in early development, but ultimately changed. Not big into Multiplayer, but used to love Valve games.

I'll stay optimistic for now. I ultimately love the fact that they're making games again after YEEEEAAARS of nothing.

Last edited:

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
Comprehensive reading troubles?

'After years' meaning after the Wilderness periode at Valve, before Alyx. Alyx was the revitalized kick off point that Valve was interested again in focussing on making games.
Ah yeah, sorry for not being able to read your mind my man. Try to be more concise next time.

Top Bottom