• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumor: Joker origin movie will feature a young, bullied Joker with a permanent smile

Last week we learned that The Hangover director Todd Phillips and the legendary Martin Scorsese were working on a Joker origin movie. And now thanks to an episode of the Joe Rogan Experience of all places, we have some juicy new details!

Brendan Schaub is a former MMA fighter who’s transitioned to Hollywood over the last few years. At one point on the podcast they were talking about Tim Burton, which lead to Batman, which lead to the new Joker movie. Schaub is friends Todd Feldman, who just so happens to be Todd Phillips’ agent, and revealed some new details about the movie.

“My boy Todd Feldman put this together with Todd Phillips,” Schaub said. “It’s dark. It’s like a dark Joker. As a kid, he had a permanent smile and everyone made fun of him. It’s like on the streets of Brooklyn. It’s super dark and real.” Check out his comments in the video below around the 1:03:32 mark.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=3812&v=qs6e-3KsHi8

Schaub’s comments line up with what we learned last week, The Joker origin movie will be gritty and grounded hard-boiled crime film set in early-’80s Gotham City that isn’t meant to feel like a DC movie as much as one of Scorsese’s films from that era, like Taxi Driver, Raging Bull or The King Of Comedy, according to Deadline.

Source: http://batman-news.com/2017/08/29/joker-origin-movie-bullied/

cOEJrxW.jpg

Come break me down, bury me bury me if AP.

Maximo

"As a kid, he had a permanent smile and everyone made fun of him. It’s like on the streets of Brooklyn. It’s super dark and real.”

Brah its so real so dark SO EDGY.

THEY'RE QUOTING BRENDAN SCHAUB?

Since when the fuck is he Hollywood?

Trash article citing the ramblings of BS on the JRE. lmao, no standards.

Random Human

They were trying to grab your prize. They work for the mercenary. The masked man.
Last week we learned that The Hangover director Todd Phillips and the legendary Martin Scorsese were working on a Joker origin movie. And now thanks to an episode of the Joe Rogan Experience of all places, we have some juicy new details!

Brendan Schaub is a former MMA fighter who’s transitioned to Hollywood over the last few years. At one point on the podcast they were talking about Tim Burton, which lead to Batman, which lead to the new Joker movie. Schaub is friends Todd Feldman, who just so happens to be Todd Phillips’ agent, and revealed some new details about the movie.

Literally every sentence of this is blowing my mind.

spanks

From the director of The Hangover 2 and Due Date. Hmmmm.

I'm all for DC's new approach, but you might need better talent than that.

night814

So dark bruh.

Just watch(read) The Killing Joke, it's the only Joker origin that's ever been needed. It makes perfect sense and is more tragic than "dark and edgy"

Yukinari

The Killing Joke comic and 2nd half of the movie are the perfect amount of time for Joker's origin.

Why does this need to exist.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
GASP as the Joker is diagnosed with an aggressive form of Bell's Palsy!

CRY as he turns to a life of crime to pay the medical bills!

CHEER as he goes to Men's Warehouse and can only afford a cheap purple suit!

Top Bottom