• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

RUMOR: Leaked art work suggest COD 2017 will be called ‘Call of Duty: WWII

If Treyarch is Black Ops & Sledgehammer historical CoD, then IW should make...

Results are only viewable after voting.

M-PG71C

I am all in on this, a next-gen WW2 game is up my alley. I haven't touched a COD game in years so this will be good.

probably no battlefield this year, but 2018, sure.

I don't think there is a Battlefield game releasing this year.

We should be getting Battlefront 2 this year

Battlefield won't be getting a new game until 2018/2019. They aren't annual like Call of Duty.

EA is banking on Battlefront 2 this year.

I forgot about Battlefront 2, so I guess I am buying my first CoD game since CoD2

JZA

I'd love for a big reveal trailer to show that it's 1946 or something in an alternate-history WW2 where maybe America never dropped the atomic bombs or something and the war dragged on for years.

I am beyond hyped for CoD to go back in time. Hope this ends up being a technical showcase for what PS4 Pro and Scorpio can offer. I'd honestly rather this be a super linear experience again that just looks as great as possible.

I'd love for a big reveal trailer to show that it's 1946 or something in an alternate-history WW2 where maybe America never dropped the atomic bombs or something and the war dragged on for years.

Well considering that the Nazis surrendered before the A-Bomb was dropped, it would be focused on the Pacific campaign. Maybe a campaign leading all the way to Tokyo would be pretty neat.

It's legit? Hooray! Wonder if it'll be a single protaganist campaign again, or they'll do the multiple perspectives again. I'd love a US/UK/Russian perspective all over again.

IISANDERII

Yeah no that isn't pay2win. Even if the supply drop purchased with real money gave better drops, nothing is actually overpowered to the point where it's the best weapon in the game. AW got pretty close to that with the Obsidian Steed and the Speakeasy, but BO3, IW, and MWR have no such weapons. BO3's flavor of the month weapons were ALL base game weapons (Vesper, Kuda, VMP, Man-O-War, M8.. etc) IW is the same way even with weapon variants in the mix. None of the variants give you much of an advantage, and epic variants change the playstyles of the weapons sometimes drastically by modifying how they're used. And IW lets you save up to craft what you want. MWR is like BO3, the supply drop weapons don't give you much if any advantage. The M16 is still the top tier weapon, and that's unlocked from level 1.

So no, CoD isn't pay2win. I personally have been able to get some of the supply drop exclusive weapons in BO3 and found them to be either trash or just outclassed by something else. Some are fun to use occasionally to mix things up (MX Garand for example).

Pay2win implies that a supply drop weapon will make someone (new or not) automatically be able to easily kill everyone else who doesn't have such weapons. Which is certainly not the case at all.
Pay2win has NEVER been about an automatic win button. Pay2Win is about paying to get an advantage over other players. COD Infinity Warfare is guilty of this. This debate was settled in other threads already.

Hip Hop

new uncropped image

YGPdjiD.jpg

GxvOaWZ.jpg

Moose Biscuits

It would be extreamly painful...
Oh boy! I can't wait to recreate the scene from Saving Private Ryan again! And parachute into Nazi-Occupied France, capture a bridge, and destroy a Tiger tank that's pinned down my squad with a conveniently-placed Panzerfaust in the ruins of a rural French town!

Jesus. You can tell how young the people are rooting for this that their touchstone for WW2 shooters is World At War. Not the earlier Call of Duties, not the fifteen or so Medal of Honor games, not the Brothers In Arms series, not Hidden & Dangerous, not Enemy Territory, not Battlefield 1942, not the umpteen poor quality knock offs of the aforementioned that saturated the market and led to people putting more man hours into storming digital recreations of Omaha Beach than actually went into the real thing.

If they HAVE to go back to World War 2, if it really is necessary, then please at least let them do parts of the war which haven't been flogged to death in videogames. How about the Italian campaign? That isn't quite done to death yet. Or the Japanese invasion of China? Or Britain and Australia in the Philippines?

It's unlikely but as a Canadian (well an immigrant but I've been here for most of my life so I feel Canadian) I would love to play as the Canadians charging on Juno Beach. Besides Omaha Juno had the most protection but despite that the Canadian troops actually advanced farthest into France during the operation. It's a proud moment for our country and it would be nice if they would let us play it.

Didn't CoD2 do the storm on Normandy/D-Day?
I wouldn't be mad if they did it for the current gen, always gets me hyped when I see it in saving private Ryan

Agent Icebeezy

Welcome beautful toddler, Madison Elizabeth, to the horde!
I don't get COD games anymore, but they make for great posters. Ironically the only series that has more than one poster up in my mancave and its the only one where I haven't bought a recent entry in the series. Crazy when I think about it.

Top Bottom