• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

RUMOR: Leaked art work suggest COD 2017 will be called ‘Call of Duty: WWII

If Treyarch is Black Ops & Sledgehammer historical CoD, then IW should make...

Results are only viewable after voting.
Would you guys mind simple killstreaks, just like in COD4? (just 3, one being an airstrike)

Because I'll admit I like Killstreaks and I would find it less inviting to go out there and get kills in Multiplayer.

Why would you need simple killstreaks?

Bring back recon plane, dogs, and artillery. Add unmaned bombing runs, mortars, b17 maned bombing run, care package, fighter planes(counter uav), advanced recon plane, maybe special armored units or tanks, and possibly a nuke. Plenty to do. It's not gonna be as crazy as IW, but of course not.

Bring back recon plane, dogs, and artillery. Add unmaned bombing runs, mortars, b17 maned bombing run, care package, fighter planes(counter uav), advanced recon plane, maybe special armored units or tanks, and possibly a nuke. Plenty to do. It's not gonna be as crazy as IW, but of course not.
Nuke is all I need. Added hundreds of hours of replay value for me and my good friend.

DaciaJC

Gold Member

I would love to see killstreaks scrapped entirely.

Activision be like...

giphy.gif

What's old is new again.

Lol Nailed it.

Chumley

Banned
Reminder that modern war is now more played out and milked than WW2 ever was back in the 90's and early 00's.

A return to that era has been overdue for a while now. There's nothing more to get out of modern period shooters.

If it goes for WW2 again, i seriously hope it goes for something different. I don't remember any WW2 games having any of the more non-standard equipment or vehicles. It was pretty much the usual tanks (Sherman, Panzer 4s, Tiger etc) for each army and the more common things like a Jeep, M15 Halftrack and Bren Carriers. There are so many different and interesting things that could include alongside those.

i just realized that the Call of Duty games never had an Omaha Beach level. It would be great to see how that would look now, what was even the last game to have that?

Yu Furealdo

I'm less excited for the exact setting than I am for potentially stripped down multiplayer shooting. Battlefield 1 was alright in that regard, but the big open maps aren't interesting to me and I want something more like the older CoD games to play. Also didn't like the WWI guns that much.

I actually don't want Zombies in this one, they have gotten more convoluted than your average puzzle. I'd love to have some sort Spec Ops mode and play some co-op missions instead.

The more I look at this the more I think its fake. Id love a WW2 CoD game but I just don't see it happening at all. I honestly think its going to be AW2.

If the campaign is the caliber of Saving Private Ryan + Band of Brothers I'm all in. This coming from a person who hasn't played a Call of Duty game since 07.

Flux

If the campaign is the caliber of Saving Private Ryan + Band of Brothers I'm all in. This coming from a person who hasn't played a Call of Duty game since 07.

You set your expectations way too high. The campaigns are always an afterthought to the multiplayer and microtransactions. Writing is generally B-movie bad at its best.

You want the campaign to be on the same level as Oscar winning films and Emmy winning television series?

Seems like you're setting yourself up for failure. I doubt a game will ever reach those heights.

I'm OK with this. I just hope it's gritty and down to earth and not some solo mission focused game. I loved the old MoH and CoD when they showed the chaos of War.

I'm really curious what they'll do with killstreaks this go around. I always hope for a return to 3-5-7, but I know those days are long gone. I'm not that knowledgeable on WWII tech, but I'm sure they can come up with some cool stuff. Like a 15 killstreak grants a panzer or some shit.

bluehat9

If true, I kind of want to buy it, but then I look at the mp microtransaction stuff theyre doing now and think maybe not.

GenericUser

Dudes mentioning a d-day level is mind blowing for me. If you actually think about it: the last proper d-day level was in medal of honor allied assault.

Imagine a d-day invasion with todays graphics. Hope this turns out real. Really do. This is going to be some james ryan 2.0 shit. Multiplayer will be a blast to. MG44 all the way
(with laser sight attachment)

Dabi

Dudes mentioning a d-day level is mind blowing for me. If you actually think about it: the last proper d-day level was in medal of honor allied assault.

Imagine a d-day invasion with todays graphics. Hope this turns out real. Really do. This is going to be some james ryan 2.0 shit. Multiplayer will be a blast to. MG44 all the way
(with laser sight attachment)

The campaign is going to be crazy.

So now we got

Crash bandicoot coming back
Jrpgs are everywhere again
WWII shooters are back
Sony is king of the console hill

Have I traveled back in time to 1999?

Donos

Why world war 2 again?

Call me when they do the Civil War or any of the countless other wars America has been involved in.

It's a huge draw and is going to pull big numbers. See what happened when BF1 got announced. People don't want jet packs and wall runs.

Top Bottom