• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[RUMOR] Marvel vs Capcom Infinite roster leaked

Numb

Monster Hunter(no cats please)

ujB7Uip.gif

Jedah (so buying Alex Halloween outfit did make a difference. Maybe)

ujB7Uip.gif

Where the hell are Black Panther and Asura?

D-Man

I'm sort of in the camp that thinks an Ace Attorney character in a fighting game is still really, really silly, so no big loss to see Nick go.

But Ghost Trick could have gotten a shot...

When someone like Servbot got a slot in MvC2, anyone in the Capcom lineup of games is serious enough for consideration imo.

Razzorn34

Damn. What terrible picks! It's once again a sausage fest roster. Not to mention zero people of color. I'm definitely not buying this crap Day 1, and I'm a Capcom fan.

Zero-ELEC

Banned
Just for comparison's sake....

MvC3 had a whopping 14 new characters (I'm counting never been in a previous Capcom fighter before & Jill since she had a completely new moveset) for its 38 character roster, almost 37% new roster.

....meanwhile, here, only SIX out of 28 (or 7 out of 29 if we include Sigma) for Infinite, meaning only 24% new characters.

I wouldn't be surprised if they saved some newcomers as DLC, but damn, I just feel more disappointed...
MvC3 introduced ~10 Capcom IPs to the MvC series.

MvCI meanwhile introduces 1.

Chavelo

The five stages

Denial: "lol this list is so fake, gonna wait until E3"
Anger: "TWO FUCKING GnG CHARACTERS? NEMESIS? JUST FOUR WOMEN? WE REALLY FUCKING DOING THIS?!"
Bargaining: "Okay, okay... It'll be a fun game, tho! Gameplay looks promising. There's still DLC... That I need to pay for..."
Depression: "Oh, God. This is SFV all over again... Jesus, I need to pay for a second DLC pass..."
Acceptance: "Meh, Tekken 7 is pretty solid, I'll just go play that. REV 2 is hella anime, but it's a good package. I'll just wait for the Complete Edition."

RockmanBN

Roster is really lame. Waiting for a better edition years later. With how slow Cacpcom adds characters, It's going to take forever.

Toki767

Interesting that Nova is the only Marvel character that's not currently in the MCU. Like, they don't even have TV guys like Daredevil or Iron Fist - just headline characters from the movies... and Nova. I figure they must have plans for him, then?
It feels like they included him because his character is practically already done from 3.

Gartooth

So fucking disappointed in this shit. Most of my favorite UMVC3 choices got wiped and the roster is incredibly safe on both sides. Even with the F4/X-Men ban the Marvel side could have been way more interesting. Nova and Venom as the only non-MCU characters is lol worthy.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
MvC3 introduced ~11 Capcom IPs to the MvC series.

MvCI meanwhile introduces 0.
It really only introduces one: Monster Hunter.

..........now I wish Felyne was included as sort of a joke similar to Servbot, but I'm hoping at the least it'll be included as a special or a few moves for the MH characters.

I'm aware but they could have a different Nemesis type in 8 with this nemesis just being a teaser to it. Just my theory.

Nah they just needed a "big" character to pair with Hulk. Its probably the same model and same moveset too. This game seems to be really hit by budget. I bet Capcom made a terrible deal with Marvel again too.

Skab

Frank West.

5 more all new chars in DLC1 (2 capcom, 3 marvel; Sigma already announced). Lots planned for the future.

People will bitch and moan about the DLC, but I'm at least happy we seem to be getting long lasting support for the game, unlike 3 had.

No Okami, Ace Attorney, Viewtiful Joe, Sengoku Basara, Dead Rising, Onimusha, Breathe of Fire, Mega Man, Dino Crisis, or God Hand, but two Darkstalkers and two Ghosts N Goblin characters along with Strider over Vergil and other RE characters as well? THE FUCK!?

And how the fuck did they do the MCEU without Black Widow or T'challa? No X-men, Fantastic 4, Blade, Deadpool, Punisher, Ghost Rider, and so on either. Basically its Mostly B-list Capcom vs. Marvel Cinematic Universe.

Ultimate Marvel v. Capcom had 50 fucking characters! Base MvC 3 had 38! This starts out with 28!

exactly how I feel

This roster sucks and Capcom should be embarrassed if this is legit

NotEasy

Fuck Capcom, I expected a bad Marvel roster already but look at the Capcom side, no Wesker? No Vergil? It's so simple to reuse them. I bet they will be all dlc, at least Venom made it even if as dlc...
Also 4 females.

RedBoot

I'm aware but they could have a different Nemesis type in 8 with this nemesis just being a teaser to it. Just my theory.

Even if Nemesis was in RE8 (which really wouldn't fit the current storylines in the games), the game's 2 years off minimum. Capcom's not going to tease that early.

It's more likely that he'd make a cameo in the RE2 Remake than that. But I suspect his inclusion here is just to have a Big on the Capcom side.

Top Bottom