• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumor: Nintendo Preparing Large Scale Virtual Console & eShop Cross Buy Announcement

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nintendo Everything is fine. Nintendo Enthusiast is the problem. They claimed Minecraft Wii U was happening based on nonsense.

Nintendo Enthusiast, sorry haha.
The source in the OP is Gamnesia, and they don't seem to be banned, which is why I felt okay posting this.

Hindl

I'd be so pumped, but that Nintendo Enthusiast article doesn't inspire confidence. Still, I'm on board if it's true.

Seeing the title of this thread I thought "YEAH!"

But then seeing this:

Noooooooo :(

Why? Isn't this what people wanted from PS Now? Assuming this means you get a yearly subscription that lets you download VC games? I'd be fine with that if I could just pay a flat rate for X games a month or something. Like $60 a year that let's you get 2-3 games each month, and you can keep all the games. Like PS+ but you get to choose the games available

DaBoss

Why should I believe Nintendo Enthusiast of all sites?

The fact that the Emily Rogers tweet is being used as evidence yet it points towards nothing in particular is pretty funny.
Nintendo Enthusiast, sorry haha.
The source in the OP is Gamnesia, and they don't seem to be banned, which is why I felt okay posting this.
But their source is Nintendo Enthusiast.

Thorakai

There better be something good because I feel like we've been hearing Emily Rogers tease some sort of 3DS-Wii U eShop connectivity for ages now.

Zubz

Banned
Oh boys, oh girls, I'm still tiffed this wasn't available from the start, but so excited that it's finally happening! Wonder if they'll do anything for people that have certain games on both systems, like 3DS Ambassadors?

And hopefully, we can finally get Turbo-Grafx, N64, GCN, DS, SNES, Genesis, Master System, & Commodore 64 VC out of this, as well as moving DS, GBA, SNES, Turbo-Grafx, Genesis, & Commodore games to the 3DS' VC as well. I'd be SO happy if they did that stuff. Like you wouldn't believe.

Why should I believe Nintendo Enthusiast of all sites?

But their source is Nintendo Enthusiast.

Yes, I didn't realize Nintendo Enthusiast is banned either.
I just put in the source in my OP multiple times to make sure they weren't banned, never imagining that their own source might be banned.

Trago

Hold the fucking phone! What's this about a subscription?

Cross buy is great, but I dunno about a subscription.

So would that mean that you could buy and play 3DS games on a WiiU!?

I've been hoping Nintendo would make its portable games available on their home consoles. I hate playing portable systems but would really be interested in playing portable games in my living room.

Majine

Banned
That would be nice, but it should still be further down their priority list. First should be an account system for purchases.

Jawmuncher

If all of the Virtual Console was crossbuy.
I would be all over it. It's the main reason why I haven't dabbled into to many purchases there. It's a smart move if true. Makes both systems libraries look even better.

Velcro Fly

The account system is there. The only difference between it and say Sony is that Sony allows you to activate/deactivate systems on a web browser and Nintendo doesn't.

NateDrake

So would that mean that you could buy and play 3DS games on a WiiU!?

I've been hoping Nintendo would make its portable games available on their home consoles. I hate playing portable systems but would really be interested in playing portable games in my living room.

No? It would just mean games that are released on both platforms wouldn't require you to buy them again - example, buying Shovel Knight on Wii U would allow you to download it on 3DS for no extra charge. You won't be able to download Luigi's Mansion 2 to your Wii U or anything like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom