• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[Rumor] PC version of GTA V Cancelled?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ambition

Source - FoxWeekly

LOS ANGELES — After years of anticipation, the long-awaited PC version of GTA V could soon be cancelled, according to a Rockstar employee.

During the interview, Rantic Chairman John Hoffberger, stated that the PC version of GTA 5 could soon be cancelled due to ‘corporate problems’. “The next-gen console launch dates are still intact, but the PC game launch has been agitating for Rockstar staff”, John said.

John also stated,”Rockstar never wanted to release a PC version of GTA V, but due to high public demand, they were forced to do so.”...More at the link.

http://foxweekly.com/2014/08/28/buzz/rockstar-employee-says-gta-v-pc-could-be-cancelled.html
Well damn :/

Lock if old

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
well thats there loss of even more sales.

more like its cancelled until many more people buy the ps4/one versions then pc version after milk that shit baby

Jonnax

Is this rumours upon rumours? The article links as if it was fact that the game got delayed until 2015 but their source also states that it's a hearsay rumour.

Tenki

"Hey guys, the PC version is sadly cancelled, please buy the console edition for $60"

Six monts later.

"Hey guys, the PC version is alive! Please buy it again, now on your PC"

BeforeU

Oft hope is born when all is forlorn.
Nicolas+Cage+Laugh+GIF.gif

NateDrake

That site has tons of information wrong so I doubt the validity of this story. One, they say Rockstar announced GTA 5 was delayed until 2015 for PS4, X1, and PC - this hasn't happened. Two, they link to a website that doesn't exist.

Either this is viral marketing or it's bullshit.

Freeman

Banned
This would be so funny its almost worth it to not get the game on PC just to see what would happen (I still want it on PC, hopefully a decent port this time).

Fox_Mulder

Rockefellers. Skull and Bones. Microsoft. Al Qaeda. A Cabal of Bankers. The melting point of steel. What do these things have in common? Wake up sheeple, the landfill wasn't even REAL!
I hope it's true only to see neogaf burn

FACE

Banned
"Guys, there's a ton of demand for a PC version of GTA5, but we don't wanna work on it. Let's cancel it!"

I wonder if this would really fly with the chairpeople.

Omikron

I could believe a rumour that is the PC version is being delayed for the current gen releases. But not cancelled.

Amir0x

Banned
That site has tons of information wrong so I doubt the validity of this story. One, they say Rockstar announced GTA 5 was delayed until 2015 for PS4, X1, and PC - this hasn't happened. Two, they link to a website that doesn't exist.

Yeah, seems smart to be skeptical.

Recall

Rockstar have always disliked PC ports, optimisation for a platform with so many variables has been mentioned as a big issue.

Dany

Banned
I don't know why this is so humorous for me. They're making the PC game but its not being released because of corp. decisions?

Just wow.

well thats there loss of even more sales.

more like its cancelled until many more people buy the ps4/one versions then pc version after milk that shit baby

That's my stance as well, will probably release months after Xbox one/PS4

Lots of people own a last gen, new gen and PC so release each version at different times

Rockstar wants infinite $$$$$$

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom