• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[Rumor] PC version of GTA V Cancelled?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zukuu

Banned
Doubtful considering a backwards port from PS4 / Xbone to PC isn't THAT hard to accomplish compared to the money they can earn.

Wasteman

Banned
Why wouldn't they want to release a PC version ?

They don't have the RDR excuse of messy code because its already being made of current gen consoles which share a very similar architecture to PC.

It's either bullshit or a money grabbing technique. Even though I am planning on PS4, I pray for the later as Rockstar is one of the few good companies left.

Dug

Banned
I googled more info about this "Rantic" marketing firm and couldn't find anything about it. Also the link they used doesn't work...

Doubt it, PC Gaming makes a lot of money right now its more profitable than last gen and problems with piracy are still high but as long as there is Steam and other key distributors the game will do really well.

The only thing stopping the PC release would be moneyhatting from console manufacturers and pressure from the publisher 2K believing in piracy or low sales or some other BS.

Mods can be a PR nightmare.

Rockstar have always disliked PC ports, optimisation for a platform with so many variables has been mentioned as a big issue.

Please, with the team sizes they have and the legendary profits they've already made on the last gen versions, they really can't play the coding is hard bit.

rrs

2015, maybe

no PC release? it's like Rockstar doesn't want to print money

Rockstar have always disliked PC ports, optimisation for a platform with so many variables has been mentioned as a big issue.

Their games always ran worse for what you see, remember IV and SA to a lesser extent?

Kssio_Aug

Besides I'm not interested on the PC version I dont believe it.

Now, the rumour about being delayed to 2015 I defeinitely do, since we are almost at september and they disappeared with the current-gen versions!

Rockstar's absolute silence is so annoying. They announced the game for the new consoles at E3 and haven't said a word since. It's almost like they think it's cool to be so secretive and silent for so long.

I really don't care about this game anymore. With the amount of games coming out late this year, I find it hard to be excited for an updated last-gen game.

Yet every GTA game is on PC. If they dislike it so much, there are plenty of studios they can farm it out to. I hear they have some money.

I can understand why they wouldn't want to ride through the shit fest that was GTA IV's PC launch again. And how that might interfere with their plans for future games.

Zomba13

dont_believe_you_anchorman.gif

This. Though if it was cancelled then I guess I just wont play GTAV. I was holding out for a PC version and at this point, if there wasn't one, I can live with not playing GTAV or waiting for the PS4 version to be super cheap second hand or something.

The sites related to this seem super sketchy, probably just some click-bait garbage..
But I can't imagine them cutting off revenue, but we'll see.

REV 09

What the fuck does Rockstar have against the undoubtedly best version of their games being experienced?

We're still waiting on Red Dead.

Hopefully this isn't true.

baconcow

They will make a killing off of the PS4 and Xbox One versions. Most people, I know, who waited for it to be on PC have the patience to wait for it to drop to $10 on a Steam sale. They will likely now wait for the equivalent $30 sale on PS4. There's more money to be made on the console versions, and one less port to be had. PC versions of GTA have been bad since GTA 3.

UPDATE: Rantic.com is currently down. Angry GTA fans have apparently raided the website.

###

Did the website ever exist? This is a pure wind up. All fox weekly articles banned from now on seeing as any fool can put up information?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom