• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumors circulate after Vladimir Putin goes a full week without a public appearance

Status
Not open for further replies.
Plastic surgery mishap?

Or maybe..

1422544133_bruce-jenner-zoom.jpg

assisting his lover to deliver their baby in switszerland. Or setting GPS maps to all the separatists who go lost and invaded crimea, to Kiev this time

Savitar

Likely he's on Russia's border fighting off wild gay capitalist bears with his own two fist for the safety of all of his beloved people.

sn00zer

The Kremlin is preparing for a major announcement regarding Putin, all the major media outlets have been informed to prepare accordingly :

Did you read the article you posted?
Business Insider: What exactly is going on right now with Putin?

Alexander Rahr: Putin is not dead. All this incorrect information is the Ukrainian press. Next week, he'll reappear. He just took a vacation for a week. No one has said anything about this because it's hard to explain to the public.

He was killed by his child. Too much power was passed on.

What if the kid is supposed to bring balance to the force?

And then to complete ignore that right the next day.

As for seriousness: I'm not sure what to hope for. Putin is, in a way, holding things together due to the system he and his fellows have created. With him and co suddenly gone, anything goes in terms of what could happen.

Deku Tree

Well Leonid Bershidsky says

Putin has tended to be unnecessarily demonstrative about the strength of his handshakes, taking pains to always appear fit and energetic. He has not dropped out of sight for more than a day since the early years of his 15-year rule, when he briefly went off the radar after the submarine Kursk sank in 2000 and when terrorists seized hundreds of hostages in a Moscow theater in 2002.

And BI says

Russian state TV just published news from the future.

On Friday, Rossiya 24 reported a meeting between Russian president Vladminir Putin and Kyrgyzstan President Almazbek Atambayev — even though the meeting is on Monday.

Clearly something is up.

rpmurphy

The Putin that has been in charge these past years have been a fake one, and now that the real Putin has reappeared at the Kremlin, determined to undo the damage his imposter has caused, it is creating a lot of confusion.

Nope. The Kremlin is doing a really poor job at spinning - their official statement is glib and vague as hell. It's weird. They simply don't have a story, so whatever happened was unexpected. The joke about Putin having more plastic surgery might not be a bad guess. He's vain as shit. If he swelled up or something I could totally see him canceling and the Kremlin panicking to think of an excuse.

The hilarious thing is that their decade of SUPERMAN PR for the assclown has blown up in their face - it sounds like they'd be scared to admit he had a cold, lest it tarnish his indestructible mien.

I can still hold out a glimmer of hope that a coup happened because he was single handedly destroying the country. The Oligarchs wouldn't be very happy about losing 50% of their worth over the last few months - all in the name of the man's stupendous ego and vanity.
A coup is nothing to hope for, it is something to fear. Because the ones behind the coups will have no interest but their own in mind and do not care for democracy. If there is a coup things will get much much worse than they are now. What is taken by violence is defended by violence.

Fiktion

Banned
A coup is nothing to hope for, it is something to fear. Because the ones behind the coups will have no interest but their own in mind and do not care for democracy. If there is a coup things will get much much worse than they are now. What is taken by violence is defended by violence.
We don't know much about the Kremlin's internal politics but we think the factions are the military and intelligence apparatus, and the oligarchs. The former are behind the invasion of Ukraine and if one of them took over things would not get much better; if the latter took over they would protect their business interests and be more likely to see reason.

RedShift

According to the highly reliable source of 'some guy on Twitter' the latest rumour is that loads of employees have left the Russian embassy in London.

Probably bullshit but if there is something going on could be part of it I guess.

According to the highly reliable source of 'some guy on Twitter' the latest rumour is that loads of employees have left the Russian embassy in London.

Probably bullshit but if there is something going on could be part of it I guess.

I have seen that. That image (of a post from 4chan I think) that started the rumour from has been circulating on Twitter for about two days. False, since media would have picked up on such an event by now.

B_62F-eW4AAUwlN.png

davepoobond

you can't put a price on sparks
"In mother Russia, you announce Kremlin"

Or

"Important Announcement: Putin is okay he is just on vacation"

antonz

The weird thing about it all is how quiet the troll army Russia maintains for the internet is.

They aren't bombarding with how great and fabulous Putin is or even trying to deny anything.

Bomber over Britain
Now this

War is coming.

BE PREPARED !

Moon

Banned
Well seeing as im sitting here in the Baltics....i will let you all know if i see some tanks or bombers coming

Jarmel

Banned
So if that's military equipment then are we looking at a coup or something where the Kremlin expects major backlash from the public?

What do people think this is?

Something is being constructed inside the Kremlin. Platforms and seating areas. Probably something to do with upcoming celebrations for the anniversary of the Crimea annexation.
I don't think it's anything suspicious, probably something that was planned long ago.

CAAgi4TVIAI8WCl.jpg

Something is being constructed inside the Kremlin. Platforms and seating areas. Probably something to do with upcoming celebrations for the anniversary of the Crimea annexation.
I don't think it's anything suspicious, probably something that was planned long ago.

CAAgi4TVIAI8WCl.jpg

Metal...Gear!?

Boy they're funny, 'Crimea Annexation'.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom