• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumors circulate after Vladimir Putin goes a full week without a public appearance

Status
Not open for further replies.

SmoothCB

Anecdotal:

I saw most of the former Soviet Satellite countries ambassadors cars parked outside the one of the main Russian hotels in Russia Town Beijing last night, obviously meeting about something...

Hmmm.

Edit: You can tell which car is the ambassadors by the license plate number ending in 001. If the flag of their respective country is flying and uncovered, it means they are using the vehicle. All flags were uncovered.

Well seeing as im sitting here in the Baltics....i will let you all know if i see some tanks or bombers coming

Look out. Robot ATV commander is coming.

quad.jpg

robot_on_fire.0.gif

putin_feels.0.gif

Sesuadra

Unconfirmed Member
I'm still for the "he is out having some nasty days with his 20 year old mistress" >>

if shit goes down, I hope it happens as long as I'm in japan >>

https://twitter.com/benjaminbidder/status/576692923917590528

Either the President of the Supreme Court dyed his hair recently or the picture the Kremlin released that was supposedly taken on March 13 really is a super-old one (second picture was taken in 2013/2014). The plot thickens

Internet detectives already figured out it was old footage when they spotted the same ornate clock on Putin's desk which had already been gifted to Kadyrov. He even boasted on Instagram about "the clock from Putin's desk".

B__etwWVEAA8JH4.jpg

potam

Banned
No idea on legitimacy of this site, or the source quoted, but:

http://mw.ua/WORLD/illarionov-putin-to-be-removed-from-power-in-the-next-few-days-1437_.html

Former presidential adviser, Andrey Illarionov reports that in a few days it will be announced about the resignation of Vladimir Putin and the power will be taken by a group of officers and security forces led by the head of the presidential administration Sergey Ivanov.
Illarionov admits that the security forces might come to power after the possible removal of Vladimir Putin and his clique.

The expert makes the conclusion by saying that the financial and military support is being lost by the Russian President.

I've been travelling around Europe, currently in Krakow.... I REALLY wanted to go to Lviv, but I just don't think I should at this point, even though it's so far from any conflict.

What is happening in Russia/Ukraine is too serious to chill about

don't be ignorant
Since this is pure speculation, and Putin is the one prosecuting the war in Ukraine, it's just as likely that the junta overthrew him to put and end to the situation and lift sanctions. Settle down there buddy.

Amir0x

Banned
potam said:
No idea on legitimacy of this site, or the source quoted, but:

http://mw.ua/WORLD/illarionov-putin-...ays-1437_.html

The source is themselves and there's no audio or video of Andrey Illarionov saying that, and no other site is reporting something that huge. And site looks shady. No way.

But I would say this, in the infinitesimal chance he did end up retiring in this environment, the foreign policy bonus points Obama would get - no matter how much we'll argue over his actual impact on the situation - would be enormous. Republicans would be caught so flatfooted after calling him incompetent it would be near apocalyptic for their narrative.

I would hope it happened just so I could watch the fireworks. I bet Republicans would try to somehow say it was the Republican Congress who is responsible lol

I don't think it's a coup. Those things don't happen this slowly or calmly. Look at 1991.

He's either ill or deeply involved in some kind of crisis management.

chadskin

The source is themselves and there's no audio or video of Andrey Illarionov saying that, and no other site is reporting something that huge. And site looks shady. No way.

The site is legit I'd say. Wikipedia:

Dzerkalo Tyzhnia (Ukrainian: Дзеркало тижня; Russian: Зеркало недели, Zerkalo Nedeli), usually referred to in English as the Mirror Weekly, is one of Ukraine’s most influential analytical newspapers published weekly in Kiev, the nation's capital. It was founded in 1994, and as of 2006 its print circulation was 57,000. It offers political analysis, original interviews, and opinions on 32 pages. Originally published in Russian, since 2002 it was fully translated for the Ukrainian edition. Also, since 2001, the main articles are also published in an online English-language version. All three language editions and the archives are freely available online.

The paper is non-partisan, while strongly liberal-leaning by Ukrainian standards. It maintains high journalistic standards. Zerkalo Nedeli is partially funded by Western non-governmental organizations. The paper is widely read and highly regarded among the Ukrainian elite (regardless of political or business orientation) which largely explains its political influence.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zerkalo_Nedeli

But their source, as high level as he is/was, is probably just guessing and doesn't have actual information beyond what's publicly known.

Funky Papa

FUNK-Y-PPA-4
Legit or not, I wouln't take Ukrainian sources without oil tanker-amounts of the coarsest sea salt for abundantly evident reasons.

Most likely he has the flu and real men don't get sick so they just keep lying.. though all this speculation is kind of revealing and even entertaining in its own morbid way.

In Russia, most conspiracy theories actually are true, so maybe Nemtsov's murder right in front of Kremlin was a warning to Putin that you are next, we (=some competing faction) can do anything we want.

Ahasverus

This being not a fair world, he's not resigning, he's not ill, dead or weak, Rusia won't get better, he'll be back soon and with a vengeance.

This being not a fair world, he's not resigning, he's not ill, dead or weak, Rusia won't get better, he'll be back soon and with a vengeance.

Even if he was dead or removed from power, it won't make Russia's future any better. Plenty of thugs waiting in line for their turn.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom