• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[RUMOUR] Next Dead Rising game "leaked" on 4chan

This...I can get behind this. I enjoyed the gameplay from 3 and 4 but I thought they were too easy. With the new superior control system and the old style of time management and situational difficulty from the original this game has the potential to be the best in the series.

I barely played 4 and only got a few hours into 3 so this would be a nice fresh start for me.

I mean I really really enjoy these games, so I don't think they need a break, they need some fresh blood making them, which if this is what it is, could be excellent. They really are fun games, 1 and 2 especially, 3 and 4 had their fun moments for sure. They just need to get back to the quirkiness that made them fun and a puzzle to solve.

Zeta Oni

The stupid idea of a Christmas theme meant the game HAD to be out for Christmas so I'm sure a lot of stuff was cut to make the deadline. It was also clear since the beginning that they were desperate to fit in with the current wave of open world action adventure games (remember the terrible line "we are making 4 like that so the series can have a future"? oh, the irony).

Just wish they chose a different series to do this to.

I mean stuff like what they did with Frank as a character crosses over in to seeming almost spiteful of the franchise.

Falchion

Doesn't sound good if they are making it more realistic with the bosses instead of the crazy ones from past games.

Fury451

Banned
Wish this is real but:

DR4 is not canon, at least in this game's timeline. Willamette is referenced heavily as still being gated off after the events of the first game

This sound so fan fiction.

Yup. No way they'd distance themselves from 4 so fast

Yep, it doesn't make any sense since according to this development began before DR4 launch.

I mean, thus sounds fake and all, but games go through changes during development and pretending that DR4 never happened could be something they added after it was so poorly received.

Gestault

This looks like fake fan head-canon swill. Also, what the fuck is this statement:

Just called 'Dead Rising', for now. Not a reboot, but a complete return to form and almost a 'reset' of sorts for the franchise.

There's a word for a series reset. It's called a reboot.

Alienous

I sort of feel like they're playing Dead Rising by ear, so to think that they have been making a Dead Rising that anticipated DR4 getting a mediocre response seems unlikely to me.

dugdug

Banned
Seems like a bad business decision, so, I'm inclined to believe it's true.

A return to form is welcome. I didn't even both with 4 after bailing on 3 in the early hours.

I'm all for a return to form, but this:

Psychos are back, very similar to the first game. Focused more on normal people who have gone insane rather than flamboyant/sexualized/cartoony villains

...sounds like a misstep. Part of the appeal of the psychopaths are how over the top they are.

Usually 4chan rumors have this half and half feeling of "This is bullshit" or "Maybe?"

However considering how DR4 performed, I feel like this is 100% "This is bullshit".

How come my 4chan trolls never get on GAF

The past few "trolls" have been true to varying degrees.

Ridley327

I'm all for a return to form, but this:

...sounds like a misstep. Part of the appeal of the psychopaths are how over the top they are.

Over the top for the first Dead Rising was, like, Adam. I don't think Adam would make it to a top 10 crazy psychos in any of the sequels.

Daffy Duck

Sounds too good to be true.

I started the first one again just the other night and if this turns out to be true then I will so be there day one.

Lucifon

Yeah I don't buy this either. It just sounds like everything the hardcore DR fans want...basically the first game again. I'd be surprised if Capcom would do that.

Wereroku

Yeah I don't see this happening with the numbers that DR4 pulled but who knows Capcom isn't the most sensible company at times.

yyr

If that list of stuff is true, I would definitely buy it.

I still love DR1, and this sounds perfect.

After the cavalcade of fake leaks around E3, 4chan's reliability is basically nil at this point.

Leaks need more than text as a bare minimum to be considered believable.

The leak is obviously nonsense, but it did remind me that Dead Rising 4 was only a timed exclusive on Xbox. Are they even going to try to put it on PS4 after how much everyone hated it?

Top Bottom