• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[RUMOUR] Next Dead Rising game "leaked" on 4chan

FaustusMD

Unconfirmed Member
It'd be welcome after what DR4 was but reads too self-aware for Capcom. I'm not believing it without further proof. If this really started production in late 2015, for it to be such a big departure from what DR4 became, they must have had a really good idea about everything that people would hate in DR4. That is completely unlike everything Capcom's done before.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
I'm hoping a version of DR4 still comes to the PS4 by the end of the year or something ..

Fury451

Banned
This franchise really just keeps chugging, huh?

It had a lot of fans before 3 and especially 4. They just need to settle down and not mess with stuff that gives it a unique identity. They double down on the wrong things, and I get that not everybody likes the timer, but you can have sandbox modes for that. The timer is part of the game's core concept and I never really thought it was as big of a problem as a lot of people seem to think.

sp3ctr3

Diarrhea fountain Joe Nikolls is no longer with Capcom so all is good,... hopefully.

This rumor sounds fake but whatever they do in the next one have Frank wake up from a Zombrex fever dream and laugh it off.

timberger

Sounds like bullshit... but then again, I'd never have believed half the dumb shit they did with the last two games if I'd heard about them far enough in advance.

It'll be whatever sticks to the wall once again at Capcom HQ if they're seriously going back to this franchise already.

It did better than The Last Guardian.

Wrong.

gafneo

Banned
This sounds like an angry fan wishlist. The dumb timer isn't fun & doesn't require a reboot to take things back to their roots. Jack is the best name they could come up with? College? Yeah like they would have a game about school shootings.

I believe it since no one would bother making up fake stuff for a franchise that has had sub par releases recently and its hype die down.

Capcom vancouver not making it is a good thing but it still means nothing if the other studio is just a budget outsource studio to push a fast cheap release. The only way this would be half decent is if they have someone backing it with proper funds. I think it's the same old judging by how that person is restating the back to the roots line which is what dr4 was stated to be. Capcom has other things on their plates so this dr is likely another sloppy outsource wth devs that don't get it. Only the original Japanese studio can likely make something good again.

DocSeuss

This sounds like what fans want rather than what Capcom would actually do. Too heavy on the "like the first game" stuff. DR2 was better.

Xater

If the plan always was to return to the original design, why make DR4 in the first place? This timeline doesn't check out at all.

Also it's what I would like to see as a fan of the first two games, so it's most likely bullshit.

Marcel

This sounds like an angry fan wishlist. The dumb timer isn't fun & doesn't require a reboot to take things back to their roots. Jack is the best name they could come up with? College? Yeah like they would have a game about school shootings.

The timer was never actually a problem and the games that were made to pander to people who didn't like the timer ended up going from bad to worse.

xrnzaaas

Either DR4 was really cheap to make or this is complete bullshit. I just can't see Capcom greenlighting another DR game so soon even if they are planning to listen to their biggest fans this time around.

KDC720

I liked 4 well enough and it was honestly fine for being as unambitious as it was.

However, the franchise needs a break, its been abundantly clear since the ending DR3 that Capcom Vancouver wants to work on something else.

Going back to the time based structure of DR1 and 2 should be the right move to make.

Top Bottom