• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumour: Nintendo working on a Remaster for 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.
Makes it sound like it will be something rather easy to develop if its to fill a gap in their lineup. I think its a a pretty safe bet to say it will be some sort of a Gamecube or Wii remaster like Wind Waker. Im calling a Galaxy 1 & 2 set. I also feel like a Majora's Mask is inevitable, as they've hinted at it too many times through out the years.

I should note that Galaxy 1 is easily in my top 10 of all time. So this would be rather insane if it came true. :)

Tenki

I've been thinking: what if the remastered game was Project Zero 4? The game was ready for launch in Europe, but due to the bugs it never got to the streets, so maybe they are porting it to Wii U, now that PZ5 is coming to the console.

4+NoConsent

Neo Member
Metroid Prime or a pretty HD Super Metroid.

I kind of doubt it would be Zelda (with them already tapping Windwaker and releasing a Dynasty Warriors clone, and a new "real" Zelda), Mario and Luigi both have had plenty of time on the new system as well. Metroid, however, has been notably absent.

efyu_lemonardo

May I have a cookie?
Metroid Prime or a pretty HD Super Metroid.

I kind of doubt it would be Zelda (with them already tapping Windwaker and releasing a Dynasty Warriors clone, and a new "real" Zelda), Mario and Luigi both have had plenty of time on the new system as well. Metroid, however, has been notably absent.
If there's any Metroid that deserves a remaster it's Metroid 2.

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
The Mario Galaxy games are already playable on Wii U, I doubt it's those. Same for Prime Trilogy, they just reworked those games not that long ago so I don't think they'll do anything again this soon. It's probably not a Zelda game since they already did WWHD. I have my doubts it will be a "b-tier" franchise, they did do the Star Fox 64 remaster though.

I'd guess if they are working on a remaster it is Mario Sunshine. Don't think we know about any significant Mario release for next year, so it would fit. Plus the game could really benefit from some additional polish and touching up. Being a GC game it's also not playable on Wii U as it is.

If there's any Metroid that deserves a remaster it's Metroid 2.

They really just need to do a full-on Zero Mission style remake of that game already. What's taking them so long?!

Lucifon

Please Xenoblade...please. Own it and only played a couple of hours, I can't bring myself to play through it in blurry wii mode.

Please Xenoblade...please. Own it and only played a couple of hours, I can't bring myself to play through it in blurry wii mode.

Playing Xenoblade on Dolphin for more than 200 hours is one of my highlights of my life as a gamer.

So yeah, if you have a capable PC do that, it's freaking beautiful.

Koren

Aβydoς;125785523 said:
Is Endless Ocean that good?
It's really good if you like this type of game. One of my friend actually bought a Wii for Endless Ocean after trying it at home ^_^

Rich!

I want something which I cant already achieve in 1080p via Dolphin. Xenoblade with the HD texture pack is likely as good as Nintendo would ever do, minus gamepad use, for example. Same for Mario Galaxy 1 and 2.

Something like Mario 64 however would need a complete remake and overhaul. Thats a far more interesting prospect to me.

Don't think if this happens it'll be anything Zelda related with the WiiU game coming, in the near future.

lt'll probably be either Mario or Metriod. Most likely Mario.

2013-Zelda WW HD/ Mario 3D World

2015- Zelda WiiU/ Super Mario _____ HD

Banned
What if it's a legit Pikmin 1 and 2 HD? Nobody has said that yet. Both running on the Pikmin 3 engine with gamepad support?

woen

Pokemon Colosseum and XD to go along with ORAS.

Not going to happen, The Pokemon Company seems to abandon big games for the home consoles. They could make dozens of great games in the Pokemon universe but nah, Rumble U and Pokemon Cards on iPad are much better. And these games need a remake, a HD port/remaster would be horrible.

linko9

I feel like the only games that would sell enough to make it worth while are Mario or Zelda. It's not going to be Zelda, because they already did one of those, and it's too close to the release of the next real Zelda game. For Mario, the only candidates are sunshine and the galaxy games. I really don't see them re-releasing Sunshine. A Galaxy 1+2 pack is I think by far the most likely scenario; requires little to no retexturing, very easy up-port, and would sell more than anything else.

That said, Nintendo knows that whatever they make for the Wii U isn't going to sell all that much anyway,so maybe they'll do something else crazy to try to build good will with their fan base.

akileese

Most likely:

Metroid Prime Trilogy HD
Super Mario Galaxy 1 & 2 HD

Could also be skyward sword with redesigned controls. The game looked pretty good already and Nintendo is willing to pump out a second version quickly as we've seen before (with TP).

With that said, I really do think it'll be the Mario Galaxy games.

Meesh

Didn't Nintendo, just awhile back re patent Eternal Darkness? I'm pretty sure I read that somewhere...anyways could be that...

De_Legend

Banned
I want Xenobalde can't find a freaking copy under 80$ here and they are rare!...

Or at least put it on the Eshop man I don't know what they are thinking really.

Mithos

Didn't Nintendo, just awhile back re patent Eternal Darkness? I'm pretty sure I read that somewhere...anyways could be that...

December 2013 I think, and it was with a final "notice/warning" that unless Nintendo did something with Eternal Darkness within 36 months, they would loose it permanently, no more extensions, or something like it.

Volotaire

Since a lot of potential Gamecube remasters could come to New 3DS now, and Xenoblade is eliminated, what do you think it could be/whittled down to?

I'm still thinking SMG 1/2 HD or MP.

EDIT: oh the rumour doesn't specify Wii U or N3DS. So it was Xenoblade?

crossedfinger.jpg

C'mon Majora

Brofield

Since a lot of potential Gamecube remasters could come to New 3DS now, and Xenoblade is eliminated, what do you think it could be/whittled down to?

I'm still thinking SMG 1/2 HD or MP.

That actually makes a lot of sense. They only really announced next year. Is it possible it could make a January release if they wanted to get started on one remaster a month?

Josh5890

Since Windwaker only took 10 months to remaster, I could see them remastering a gamecube game every year. Hopefully we see a Wave Race game!

While I know it isn't this, I want it:

A Chrono Trigger Remake/HD Edition. It's why Squeenix sent the C&D to the guys making the Chrono Trigger fan-made HD edition all that time ago.

Alt. idea: Final Fantasy 6 Remake/HD Edition. It's why Squeenix sent the C&D to the guys making the Final Fantasy fan-made HD edition all that time ago.

I miss simplistic RPGs on Nintendo consoles.

Qurupeke

Hmm but remasters aren't supposed to be better? Xenoblade 3DS is, at best, on par with the Wii U version and it's more close to a port.

I still have hope for a HD Remaster of Metroid Prime Trilogy...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom