• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumour: Nintendo working on a Remaster for 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.
Im going to be crazy

Xenosaga I-III Collection as a bonus for Xenoblade X (Xenoblade HD is unlikely as they will want to sell N3DS copies)

Lijik

Would never happen but a Mario 64/Mario Sunshine HD double pack would be bought in an instant even if I dont really like Sunshine.

Ysiadmihi

Banned
Hmm but remasters aren't supposed to be better? Xenoblade 3DS is, at best, on par with the Wii U version and it's more close to a port.

You can remaster more than graphics. I'm hoping the Xenoblade port adds significantly more late game content and makes side questing more worthwhile in addition to cutting their EXP gain.

RiggyRob

While I know it isn't this, I want it:

A Chrono Trigger Remake/HD Edition. It's why Squeenix sent the C&D to the guys making the Chrono Trigger fan-made HD edition all that time ago.

Alt. idea: Final Fantasy 6 Remake/HD Edition. It's why Squeenix sent the C&D to the guys making the Final Fantasy fan-made HD edition all that time ago.

I miss simplistic RPGs on Nintendo consoles.

Last edited by PoorChoices; Today at 07:46 PM. Reason: The ampersand evades my movements, while I felt implused to press Shift+5. The 5 fills a void in my life that meth hasn't.

Nice edit reason.

It won't be Xenoblade 3DS since that's out in Japan this year.

KingJ2002

If it's by Nintendo... i can imagine it will be a remaster of a classic title, it wont be zelda, and it will need to be a system seller

so my guesses are:

Super Mario 64
Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars
Metroid Prime

anything else... would be a novelty

JDSN

Banned
I hope it gets announced soon to see people suddenly changing their opinion and saying that remasters are hurting the industry.

Arzehn

Guys, he said remaster not remake. It's going to be a GC or Wii game uprezzed. Some people saying SNES remakes... lol. You guys sometimes...

Jamix012

Based on Nintendo actions in the past my theory is that the remaster will follow these rules:
- It won't be a game in a series that NIntendo views as being completely succeeded by its sequel (IE Pokemon or Smash bros.)
- It won't be a game that's already seen a remaster on any console (Unless it's a compilation)
- It won't be a game in a series that's already seen a remaster for the same console (IE Zelda)
- Unless it's some sort of compilation, it won't be a game that's already playable on the Wii U via backward compatibility or Virtual Console
- Assuming it gets a retail release it won't be a 2D game.
- It'll be a game that is plausible to remake without analogue triggers
- Finally, and probably most obviously, it'll be a game that is generally considered good.

These are all assumptions, and it's likely that one or more of them are wrong, but that's just my gut feeling. With that in mind F Zero GX seems the most plausible to me honestly.

Meesh

While I know it isn't this, I want it:

A Chrono Trigger Remake/HD Edition. It's why Squeenix sent the C&D to the guys making the Chrono Trigger fan-made HD edition all that time ago.

Alt. idea: Final Fantasy 6 Remake/HD Edition. It's why Squeenix sent the C&D to the guys making the Final Fantasy fan-made HD edition all that time ago.

I miss simplistic RPGs on Nintendo consoles.
This alone for me would make WiiU one of my favorite consoles of all time. Quoted cuz I dream along the same lines :)

Mario 64 or Luigi's Mansion 1 & 2 as a double pack. With MK8 DLC being released racers are out as well as StarFox and Zelda. Otherwise I'd say Wave Race. A Super Metroid/Fusion remake on the eshop and retail would be great. As it would be a stop gap until a real Metroid in 2016.

Aostia

El Capitan Todd
I hope it gets announced soon to see people suddenly changing their opinion and saying that remasters are hurting the industry.

wut? nintendo is releasing tons of games. on their own. lack of third parties probably hurts the perception, but if anything, it's not brand new exclusive contents that is not present on the console

Son Of D

Luigi's Mansion and Luigi's Mansion 2 HD double pack? We've seen LM2 listings on websites.

Or maybe Metroid Prime Trilogy HD to prepare for a Wii U game
also so I don't have to pay an absurd amount of money to play the Prime games.

RK128

I think the this remaster game will be one of the following:
-Mario Galaxy Saga: Will bundle all the levels from the two Galaxy games in one package with 1080p and 60FPS alongside the ability to use the GamePad in addition to the Wiimote+/Nunchuck to control the game. Some extra levels from Mario Sunshine, Mario 64 and/or Mario 3D Land would be cool extras to this as well. I think the way the levels will be set up will be that you can warp between The Observatory and Starship Mario (to go to the Galaxy 1 and Galaxy 2 levels respectively. These games look amazing on Wii and Dolphin proves they can look even better in HD; perfect candidates for a HD remaster collection :).
-Metroid Prime Collection: Just take the Wii Collection and give 1080p/60FPS alongside support for the GamePad controller and Motion Plus. Maybe make the MP in Prime 2 online as well? Could work I think :).
-KI: Uprising: Support with the Wiimote+/Nunchuk controllers will be amazing for this game :D! HD visuals and 60FPS will make this game look even better and the gameplay will greatly benefit from Wiimote controls (as the game was originally coming to the Wii before being moved to 3DS I think).

JDSN

Banned
wut? nintendo is releasing tons of games. on their own. lack of third parties probably hurts the perception, but if anything, it's not brand new exclusive contents that is not present on the console

Lol, it was a bad joke about all the remakes being announced by nextgen consoles and people being mostly complacent about it.

kitzkozan

Majoras Mask surely?

Potential candidates:

Super Mario sunshine
Majora's mask
F-zero GX (least likely given the niche status of the franchise)
Metroid prime trilogy (would be a nice way to relaunch the series and make up for the ridiculous low amount of copies printed for the wii).

I would be somewhat disappointed if it's Super Mario galaxy 1 & 2 HD. XD Modern classics imo, but there's already 2 Mario games for the console and I can actually play the originals on the Wii U lol. Sunshine is another Mario 3D platformer, but it's an older one and a different take from your standard 3D Mario platformer given the water backpack gimmick.

blu

Wants the largest console games publisher to avoid Nintendo's platforms.
Yes, I'll take extra fries with my Metroid Trilogy Remaster. Thanks.

Xenoblade Chronicles. Perfect for those who didn't play it like myself. Plus now that the second game will be coming to NA and more then just one retailer. Its perfect to remaster this game that can be released along side the NA 3DS version next year.

Edit: I just read what Jackano posted :(

Aostia

El Capitan Todd
Lol, it was a bad joke about all the remakes being announced by nextgen consoles and people being mostly complacent about it.

oh, didn't get that, sorry.
btw, my position on the matter is that remaster are ok, and even interesting, if the ratio compard to the new contents is way less significant by the same developer

You can remaster more than graphics. I'm hoping the Xenoblade port adds significantly more late game content and makes side questing more worthwhile in addition to cutting their EXP gain.

If they didn't think Ocarina of Time nor Wind Waker was worth adding any serious content beyond the graphical overhaul, I seriously doubt they think Xenoblade will be worth it.

Molemitts

Xenoblade is coming to New 3DS, so it's not that. It wont be a Zelda game because we already got Wind Waker HD. I'm thinking Mario Galaxy 1&2 HD.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom