• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

S.T.A.L.K.E.R. 2: Heart of Chornobyl — Strider Trailer & Developer Message - Releasing Q1 2024

rofif

Banned
Not gonna lie... with war going on just next to me and seeing all the ukrainian footage, I have a hard time looking at the game the same way as before.
More war, russian weaponry and soviet era aeasthethic is kinda not what I would crave for right now...
But then again - it looks awesome and it's ukrainian game. I love the first one.
idk it's just a strange feeling. Maybe more so to me in Poland than other folks in usa

DaciaJC

Gold Member
Not gonna lie... with war going on just next to me and seeing all the ukrainian footage, I have a hard time looking at the game the same way as before.
More war, russian weaponry and soviet era aeasthethic is kinda not what I would crave for right now...
But then again - it looks awesome and it's ukrainian game. I love the first one.
idk it's just a strange feeling. Maybe more so to me in Poland than other folks in usa

No, that makes sense. I have family in Moldova so I was very worried the war would reach them as well. It does feel a bit weird now playing games set in that part of the world with actual Russian aggression taking place, but at the end of the day, games are a bit of escapism for me.

I saw that but we also have seen numerous shenanigans with games listed on Steam and then going Epic exclusive.

Physical copies hopefully a more reliable indicator.
As far as I can recall the only game that was available on STEAM for purchase and then went Epic Exclusive was Metro: Exodus.

There are a bunch that have STEAM pages that are timed exclusives on Epic but none that I can find that you could buy on STEAM.

S0ULZB0URNE

Have a feeling this is gonna be

Sexy Alex Trebek GIF by Jeopardy!

Especially on Xbox
It looks downgraded the more it's shown and I am assuming the PC version is what's being shown...

On my radar and I am hopeful it ends up good.

nemiroff

Gold Member
No, I know what you mean. I'm currently living with an Ukrainian refugee in my home, still have family (on my wife's side) in Ukraine, and my brain is tired of all the mental and tangible images of ruzzia, war, and all that crap. I'm not rejecting the game though, I look forward to play it, it seems good, but yes I'm a bit wary..

Last edited:

StereoVsn

As far as I can recall the only game that was available on STEAM for purchase and then went Epic Exclusive was Metro: Exodus.

There are a bunch that have STEAM pages that are timed exclusives on Epic but none that I can find that you could buy on STEAM.
Don’t think you can pre-order Stalker on Steam so technically…. Now, I don’t think it would happen at this point as publicity would be insanely terrible.

Don’t think you can pre-order Stalker on Steam so technically…. Now, I don’t think it would happen at this point as publicity would be insanely terrible.
You definitely can, have been for a while now. I bought it on STEAM in Dec 2022. Not sure of what exact date it became purchasable there but it's been a while.

rqN5ND6.png

I’ve no idea why you think these can’t be handled on consoles.
They can, but will they? I still remember Mass effect 1 to 2. Dragon age 1 to 2. Both games had inventory and depth and got gutted. Me2 was praised by action fans for gun play and fast action. They botched about me1 having shots miss when shooting. The sequel took a ton away from the first to appease console gamers. Some devs do this depending on platform. I haven't been following stalker 2, but have been a fan of the first 3 games since the original released. I hope for thr best.

I don't know why so many devs think that characters talking to me in FPS is compelling stuff. I just want to see the game being played. These videos indicate to me that a lot of the game will be spent in such situations, standing around watching some dude yap at me. That isn't what I buy a FPS to experience.
There is always cod or fornite or whatever modern fps you want. Stalker is like the Witcher of fps. It's a atmospheric rpg shooter. not zanny borderlands or diablo loot fest either. Although there is tons of gear and items. You talk to a lot of people. Get quests, gather information.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
devs dont make games for you personally, if you want that make it yourself.
They can make what they feel like making and I can feel how I feel about it. Promoting a game to the public indicates a hope for public interest. I am part of that public and there are some obstacles for my interest so I expressed them. Discussing games from our diverse opinions is the purpose of the forum. Are you new to functioning in society?

Top Bottom