• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Saints Row IV Re-Elected & Gat Out of Hell |OT| Here's Johnny's Second Term

Quick question. I didnt know this game had cheats until I explored the menu in the touchpad. Ive never played a saints row game before. Do these cheats like the unlimited health or ammo ones that are just checkboxes, disable trophies or is it the password cheats that disable trophies?
thanks.

Montresor

Quick question. I didnt know this game had cheats until I explored the menu in the touchpad. Ive never played a saints row game before. Do these cheats like the unlimited health or ammo ones that are just checkboxes, disable trophies or is it the password cheats that disable trophies?
thanks.

I don't know. I'll tell you I don't trust devs when it comes to cheats. Typically cheats disable trophies/achievements and that makes sense. But you could run into a situation where a trophy/achievement is then permanently unobtainable because of glitches with cheats.

Lijik

thanks.

In Saints Row The Third they disabled achievements and autosaving, but Im pretty sure it was tied to saves so you could have a cheat enabled save and a regular one if you just wanted to dick around.

Didnt mess with the cheats in SR4/GOH so I dont know if anything was changed

Montresor

I'm really not feeling Gat Out Of Hell at all. I'm also irritated at the fact there are 101 challenges when Saints Row 4, a much bigger game, only had 65 challenges. I wish I waited a bit before playing this,darn. I'm burned out on Saints Row super hero game play since I just spent 30+ hours already on SR4....

In Saints Row The Third they disabled achievements and autosaving, but Im pretty sure it was tied to saves so you could have a cheat enabled save and a regular one if you just wanted to dick around.

Didnt mess with the cheats in SR4/GOH so I dont know if anything was changed

So it does disable trophies and autosaving but doesnt affect other saves that have no cheats active. thanks.

Montresor

So earlier today I got many achievements in Gat Out Of Hell and I saw the GS out of 1000 go up accordingly in the achievements app.

I came home from a friend's b-day party and now I find that the GS for three of those achievements have been removed/subtracted from the total, and those three are stuck at 100% and Done Unlocking. Should I be concerned? This should take care of itself and automatically unlock in a couple of days max, right? I hope so...

edit: The three achievements popped themselves, thankfully.

Montresor

Alright, so I 100%'d Saints Row 4, and I've almost 100%'d Gat Out Of Hell. All I need are the Play 20 Hours achievement and Play Co-Op For 3 Hours achievement.

I liked it. Quite a bit. Initially I had very cold feelings toward Gat Out Of Hell because it felt like a complete carbon copy to Saints Row 4. Admittedly the game play structure is pretty much identical. You do loyalty missions for your allies, and those missions consist of nothing but doing generic open world events, like Tank Mayhem or Survival, etc... Almost none of the missions were compelling in either game.

But the game has some redeeming qualities. I think they took full advantage of Hell's setting and theme - i.e. the game had seven secret weapons, all of which were modeled after one of the deadly sins. As usual there was good humour, especially in the "musical" cut scenes. And flying in the open world was damn good. I especially loved the Salvation mini game. If you knew how to fly well, that mini game was pretty fun.

I'll give Saints Row 4 a 3.5/5 and Gat Out Of Hell a 3/5. Both enjoyable games with flaws and I'm glad I played them.

Playing through both games made me see the light regarding the XB1 bumper buttons. XB1 is an incredible controller IMO but holding LB to run and fly is painful (it literally hurt my index finger). I hope MS improves the bumper for their next controller because otherwise the pad is pretty much perfect. Before today, I never got the complaints, but I had never played a game before that made you hold the LB button for as often and long as Saints Row did until now.

Stoffinator

I've got a crippling bug with this game. When I try to do the side quest "Loyalty - SR3 Wrap - Up" with Johnny Ghat my system keeps hard locking. Only way to reset it is to pull the power plug from its back. This has happened to me three times in a row.

Has anybody else had this issue?

Dave1988

Hey guys, I've encountered a really strange glitch - so, I've rescued Johnny Gat and the game stated that he can be called to assist via the phone menu, but there's no option to call him there. I've searched around and it doesn't seem like its a well known bug, so I'm assuming that it's a new one. Has anyone else been affected by this glitch?

Quick question guys - I already have the game on PS3, played it for like an hour and a half, liked it.

Should I buy the Re-Elected & GOOH version on PS4 ? Is it improved enough to justify paying 20€ ? Thanks.

Hasney

So thanks to the wonders of High Voltage, I've hit a bug which means no platinum for me right now.

Does anyone fancy starting a new game of Gat Out Of Hell on PS4 we can coop and do activities in the Downtown area until I get 100%? Can help out with anyone who needs the 3 hours of coop trophy too!

EDIT: Got it. Just went in matchmaking as a "one last chance" scenario and the guy had some things to do downtown. Flew down there, destroyed a spire and all was good in the world again.

Hollycat

Umm, so I just got to the point where it says a bunch of stuff has been added to my wardrobe, so i went and checked, and there was nothing. I went and hacked a few shops to see if I had to buy them, but nothing showed up. Am I missing something?

This is $15 on PSN(or it will be when PSN starts working again), worth it?
I really liked 3 on PS3, but I hear this one reuses most of the stuff from 3 and its buggy as hell too.

Hasney

This is $15 on PSN(or it will be when PSN starts working again), worth it?
I really liked 3 on PS3, but I hear this one reuses most of the stuff from 3 and its buggy as hell too.

Ehhh, for that price you can't go wrong. I platinumed them both because I am a bit of an SR fanboy, but goddamn High Voltage need to be banned from ports.

Got this on Amazon a couple of weeks ago, it was on sale, same price as it is on PSN right now but with Gat out of Hell included.

I had never played a Saints Row game before so I really had no idea what to expect.

First thing I thought was that the port is indeed as shitty as people were saying it was. Framerate is way too wonky considering how awfully dated everything looks (even though it only came out two years ago), the game freezes for like 20 seconds when PSN/Wifi gets disconnected, and I've had several crashes.
I'm pretty sure it's the only game in my 50+ games collection on PS4 that's still on version 1.00. Can't believe they didn't even try to make performance a little better with a patch.

I kinda knew what to expect though so it's okay. This game is pure fun, it's like the ultimate sandbox. I'm having a great time just wreaking havoc everywhere with the insane weapons and ridiculously awesome superpowers. The story is just stupid fun, doesn't need to be anything else IMO. I'm missing a lot of references to the previous installments though.

I'll be there for the sequel should there be one, I do hope they'll improve on the graphics though. Man this combined with Second Son's visuals would be god tier.

Top Bottom