• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Satoru Iwata Has Passed Away

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ridley327

Jesus, what a shocker. He was a great programmer in his time, and it's hard to imagine the landscape of gaming as we know it today without the bold moves he made out of necessity with both the DS and the Wii. Whatever missteps he may have made along the way, he was a deeply great influence on gaming as a whole.

RIP

...I don't believe it.

I knew that he had been skipping events lately as he had been in the hospital over the past few years, but I didn't think it was anything serious.

RIP. I send my condolences to his family, friends, and close co-workers. I can't bear to even know how Reggie and Miyamoto feel about this, especially with last month's E3 Digital Event (Muppet!Iwata or not) will now be one of his final public collaborations with the two...

Mr Buddy

We just lost one of the good ones :( I'd heard about his health issues, but I never thought they were this bad. Rest in peace:(

This is quite shocking; though there were the reports that he was dealing with health problems, it never seemed like it would lead to this.

RIP Iwata.

Wow, I was really hoping this was a cruel joke. RIP

I wonder if they'll still use the Iwata puppet. Who's going to take charge? What will become of the Iwata Asks?

:(

this is real?
i dont know what the fuck to say.
i feel genuinely awful.

For every great nintendo game you had a hand in giving me, thanks Iwata.

wiibomb

my goodness.. I can't believe it... Rest in Peace Satoru, you will be incredibly missed...

even we who don't know him, we will miss him at the directs even

Doorman

Holy shit, this came out of nowhere. I wonder if his condition lately had actually been worse than we knew, since he didn't make the trip to E3. The future of the company is about to get extremely interesting.

Rest in peace, Mr. Iwata, and condolences to his family and all of Nintendo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom