• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Satoru Iwata Has Passed Away

Status
Not open for further replies.

georly

I still can't believe it. So sudden. I knew he was sick but I didn't think it could lead to this.

I'll really miss his Iwata Asks, too ;_;

woopWOOP

What the FUCK. Really shocked

Way too soon. My condolences to his family, friends and all closely involved with him. May he rest in peace.

MattyG

Banned
animal-crossing-iwata-san-takes-a-big-bow1.jpg
Well this post just made me actually tear up.

MTE

Wow, I only just remember he was in bad health. This was sudden.
I feel for his family, and his colleagues.

Nicko

I am so very very sorry to his family, everyone who knew him, and everyone at Nintendo. Thank you for making so many fun memories possible. May you rest in peace.

I hope Nintendo releases a Direct (or maybe something on a larger scale) commemorating his leadership and the advancement he brought not just to his own company, but to the gaming industry as a whole.

RIP Iwata San :(

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
...who's gonna write the Iwata Asks now? :( Itoi has done a few, but he's not a Nintendo employee. Hopefully he will conduct a final one in memory of him.

tensuke

This guy was the reason Pokemon Gold and Silver had the Kanto region included, because he was able to compress Johto's data to like half of the cartridge's memory. And he basically reprogrammed Earthbound by himself. He was an extraordinary programmer and a wonderful executive at Nintendo. This is such a shock.

Omzz

Im so fuckin heartbroken by this....Nintendo has been a part of my childhood and this man was part of the reason why I started playing video games

Nintendo directs won't be the same without him...RIP Satoru Iwata..

erawsd

Wow.. Thats so sudden. I recall him being ill and having to take some time off, but when he came back I assumed it wasnt too serious. RIP

Roo

I'm reading Nintendo's site and I still can't believe it.
I can't even picture Nintendo without him.
Holy fuck, my condolences go to his family.
RIP.

Bitanator

I know some people joked about wanting this or wanting him out of the company, but he was such a personality, made me love Nintendo, such sad news and unexpected. He did look ill these last couple years and I'm just sad to see what I believe was one bright spot to Nintendo pass away.

RIP

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom