• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Satoru Iwata Has Passed Away

Status
Not open for further replies.

JonnyKong

Fuckin hell, so devastated. I've never been affected by a 'celebrity' death before, but I'm in absolute pieces here. I feel like we've lost a true friend.

Sleep well you absolute legend :(

Symphonia

Banned
zGycvMN.png
Thank you.

ant1532

Banned
To think that only a month ago this man was on twitter responding to all the Nintendo E3 criticism and answering investor questions while on his deathbed and still coming off as delightful as ever. I can't believe it :( Iwata was such a good fit as president because he was just as charming as the beloved games of the company. Hard to think he is gone and no longer with his.

Rest in peace Iwata! We will play Kirby for eternity.

Oddish1

I'm surprised this news hit me so hard. I guess part of it was just the shock of it and another is that it feels like such a huge loss.

The passing of Iwata reminds me of the passing of Satoshi Kon. Sudden, unexpected and leaves me feeling genuinely saddened.

Oh no, don't open that old wound. I'm only a casual anime fan, but I definitely saw something special in Kon's work and felt like we got robbed of a prolific career when he died.

AniHawk

i remember playing kirby for the first time. it was a game i'd sort of picked out at random. the box art probably spoke to me. i remember asking for it, but i don't remember the reasons why - maybe it was funny or maybe it was intriguing.

it was one of the first games on the game boy i remembered playing with my sister. it's not a multiplayer game, but we invented a way to play it together. she would tell kirby what to do and i would make kirby respond (or not respond) to her commands. almost like telling a pet where to go and what to do. we alternated playing it and i still remember laughing when kirby would get a microphone and scream-sing to destroy his enemies.

i believe that we are who we are and we are where we are thanks to a collection of efforts brought on by friends, family, and strangers alike. i don't think there is anything profound in my childhood that can be attributed to that game, but there's probably a reason those memories are clear and fond ones. at the very least, it brought a couple siblings together and had them share in some laughs.

Sigh. Tomorrow is the first anniversary of my dad's death from cancer. Didn't want this news at all, nevermind the day before.

For me at the moment it's all about his family. There's a group of people on the other side of the world in bits at the moment.

Anyone worried about Nintendo shouldn't be. They will have planned for this since Iwata first became ill.

Do what YOU want to do in your life because it might turn out to be desperately short. Even if that's staying your room all day gaming.

Qurupeke

Oh my god, I can't believe this. I knew that he had some health problems but this is so unexpected. RIP Iwata, you were really a great person.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom