• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Satoru Iwata Has Passed Away

Status
Not open for further replies.

Majestad

Banned
Can I please get a ribbon for my Avatar Picture? I want to honor him in some way, please..

O9yowQu.jpg

DOG3NZAKA

Banned
I was in the middle of gaming with friends when I got the news, so I couldn't really reaact properly I suppose.

I'm wide awake now, bored, in the middle of the night. Reading this thread, browsing twitter and seeing others express their grief made me lose it. I'm in tears... :(

55...From such an awful illness. It's just not fair. This man embodied what an executive should be and how a businessman should treat his workers. He always exuded immense kindness, warmth, graciousness and patience. Other business leaders could learn a helluva lot from him. It's extremely rare you have someone like that who truly cares and who is truly passionate about what they do. At the end of the day, it was more than just dollars and cents. He honestly wanted to make others happy.

The industry and gamers lost someone truly great. Nintendo and world will never be the same.

Game-Biz

Incredibly sad news. He was an amazing leader and seemed to be a genuinely good person who really cared for his business, its employees and for its consumers and fans. Just an outstanding individual. He will be missed.

BocoDragon

or, How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Realize This Assgrab is Delicious
Sigh. Tomorrow is the first anniversary of my dad's death from cancer. Didn't want this news at all, nevermind the day before.

For me at the moment it's all about his family. There's a group of people on the other side of the world in bits at the moment.

Anyone worried about Nintendo shouldn't be. They will have planned for this since Iwata first became ill.

Do what YOU want to do in your life because it might turn out to be desperately short. Even if that's staying your room all day gaming.

Read this and noted... thank you.

The passing of Iwata reminds me of the passing of Satoshi Kon. Sudden, unexpected and leaves me feeling genuinely saddened.

You're right. It feels exact the same. Damn...it really hurts.

I went to the toilet at work and cried a little bit. It was strange to tear up for someone I never really met...

Neku89

Man this is the worst way to wake up on a Monday morning :(

It's an enormous loss for the gaming world. Rest in peace, Iwata-san.

Oh gosh, such sad news. I can't believe this happened so suddenly. I guess most people knew something was up with him not making it to E3 in person etc. but wow, that guy really worked till the last day. He always seemed kind hearted, modest and sincere and that's why I loved him as Nintendo's CEO. He will be missed! RIP いわたさん。

Serviam

Just saw this on a Swedish newspaper website. God damn, I thought he pulled through the operation ok a while ago?!

A sad day indeed. RIP Iwata <3

Impotaku

In memory of the fun he brought to the gaming world i shall be playing balloon fight this evening.

RIP Iwata san, you shall be missed.

This is very sad news. Really incredibly sad. But I am very glad to have been affected, as millions round the world have been and will continue to be for many years, by his work. A sad day for video gaming.

Endesu

RIP Iwata.

Spent some time with Earthbound on Wii U because of this. Least I could do was spend time with a game he put himself into.

mr-paul

Devastating news. RIP Iwata :( Will sorely miss his presence in Nintendo Directs and the brilliant Iwata Ask interviews.
55 is no age to die. And it makes me scared for one of my friends who is suffering with liver and bile duct problems, thankfully not cancerous though.

I really hope that Nintendo's next leader continues with Iwata's vision of bringing joy to the world through gaming.

Teknoman

You're right. It feels exact the same. Damn...it really hurts.

I went to the toilet at work and cried a little bit. It was strange to tear up for someone I never really met...

Yeah...its strange. I dont think i've ever felt...melancholy over any other well known figure death in my lifetime, but this is different. I didnt personally know him outside of conferences, interviews, and directs, but it still feels like someone I knew.

Devastated...Rest in Peace and my sincere condolences to his closed ones...
He will be missed..

If anyone is patient enough, please add a ribbon to my avatar.Thank you in advance..

Qasiel

RIP Iwata.

An absolute loss for the video game world. I was shocked to hear of his passing this morning. What surprised me most was that a few people on my Facebook wall were posting tributes, people I never thought were that into their gaming. It goes to show that this man truly did touch the lives of many. He will be missed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom