• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Satoru Iwata Has Passed Away

Status
Not open for further replies.

consoul

What a shocking loss for gaming and gamers.

Iwata was the real deal. A badass coder and an honourable CEO who cared more about games than bottom lines.

I don't believe in an afterlife, but I hope Iwata is in New Game Plus now, flicking his hair, laughing and talking passionately about games he loved.

I'm gonna be heading to Kyoto on Friday to pay respects to Iwata by visiting Nintendo HQ. Hopefully this thread will still be active so I can share some pics.

:'-( where is this from?

Edit: I'd also be really grateful if somebody could Ribbonise my avatar as well!

Can someone please Ribbonise my avatar? I feel more than ever I want to show support. This has hit me like a fucking bus this morning.

Would it be possible to make a ribbon on my Avatar?

Someone ribonize my avatar plz

image.php

Anyone could add to my avatar the black ribbon, please?

I read the news just before taking the bus to work. It was one of my most depressing trip to work. Rest in Peace, Iwata-san.

Could a nice person add my avatar a Iwata ribbon, please ? Thanks in advance.

Working on my own little tribute, but I'm asking again because the post was lost in the shuffle, could anyone attach the ribbon (either version) to my avatar?

OjDc7Mk.png
uMBgzh6.png
n5Psa4c.png
5wERmqJ.png
lSR7U5X.png
RlWCU0D.png
ynKtYsI.png
73tnyGc.png

I'm biased towards Super Mario Font ribbon, I hope you like it.

Roo

I wish Nintendo would do a professional documentary about his career that would do his legacy justice, with comments and tidbits by people who worked with him closely.

I'm sure Nintendo will do some sort of tribute in his memory. Give them some time, it's still too recent. Heck, I still can't believe it.

Man, it fucking sucks he won't be here for Mario's 30th Anniversary :(

Shuken

Neo Member
Rest in Peace Satoru, we will never forget you. And, despite the internet chat and sometimes immotivated hate/criticism, you'll remain in our hearts.

Nintendo is in my veins and there will remain.

Hi, Mr. Iwata

HUELEN10

I'm sure Nintendo will do some sort of tribute in his memory. Give them some time, it's still too recent. Heck, I still can't believe it.

Man, it fucking sucks he won't be here for Mario's 30 Anniversary :(

I... Didn't think of that. There won't be an Iwata asks, but surely it took time to deliver the original SMB, and he was around for the actual 30th, if you know what I mean.

I'll just say what others have said, particularly Jim Sterling, in that he was all about "fun". He clearly cared about fan response, and how fans were enjoying the latest Nintendo games, regardless of how the company was perceived by the community at large. He was the CEO of a multi-million dollar enterprise, and he got in front of a camera and held a bunch of bananas to make fans laugh. To make them have fun.

R.I.P.

Nightbird

And he was probably excited about revealing the NX next year, the Platform that was supposed to be Nintendos Game Changer.

You passed way too soon man... :/

Oblivion

Fetishing muscular manly men in skintight hosery
While it was really sad when Yamauchi died a few years ago, I could at least rationalize it by saying that he lived a long, healthy life and that it was probably his time to go. But Iwata? He was only 55. So young. The guy had so many good years ahead of him. :(

jaypah

Aww man, no what the hell?! Haven't checked GAF in half a day and I just can not believe this, completely devestated :(

Rest in peace Mr. Iwata, thanks for everything!

ajjow

This man has a place in my heart.
God bless his family.

He passed away, but his work did wonders for the lives of many happy children.

HagiG7

Oh my god! I can't believe this. I just woke up and it's the first thing that I saw.
I have no words. You were one of the most likeable persons in the industry Iwata-san.
You will be missed!

RIP

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom