• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Satoru Iwata Has Passed Away

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zareka

I can't believe this. Completely out of left field. I don't want to believe it. :(

I thought he was getting better too. Rest in peace, Iwata.

Santar

Incredibly sad :(
He was such a lively bright light and a great front man for the company. He will be greatly missed.
I can't imagine a Nintendo Direct without him....

Shiokazu

how should I react about this? I'm terribly shocked right now.

I, might say rest in piece but it'll be hollow.

I cant feel anything right now, its like whoa, the end of a age.

I loved him. Saw him as a hero. One of my dreams was to meet him and say how important he was to gamers and to myself even.

now its, just. gone.

be happy whoever you are going Iwata-san. Life wont be the same.

hazukash

What! :( This is so sad and unexpected. He seemed to be doing well since his surgery so this is really surprising. Perhaps his real condition was never revealed to the public.

I'll miss his Nintendo Directs and Iwata Asks. May he rest in peace and be remembered as a gaming legend.

iwata-flipnote99ujn.gif

I don't play much nintendo games, but I never missed a nintendo direct because Iwata (alongside Miyamoto and Shibata) made them super charming and fun to watch. Rest in peace.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
What the fuck... A friend just told me this, and I came here to see if he was joking or something. Damn :/

RIP Iwata :(

Crocodile

I'm legit shook. I knew he wasn't 100% but I thought he was on the mend. What a shitty time to go to being only 55 and with Nintendo having some bad press recently. You always want to leave on a high note.

RIP and condolences to his family :(

StayDead

I thought this was some kind of sick joke until I saw the link.

Oh man 55 is no age at all to die and he really was a great man who helped put smiles on millions of faces. His presence will be missed not only by his family and friends, but the games industry as a whole.

RIP Iwata-san and thanks for all the wonderful memories. :(

HOOOOLY SHIIT I literally gasped in shock. RIP Iwata .Thank you for your amazing contributions towards Hal Laboratory and Nintendo as a whole :(

Africanus

Bloody hell...
A bile duct tumor? What are the chances?

He was so young too, only two years older than my mother.

I hope he passed away peacefully. The end of an era for sure.

Who becomes the new CEO?

Kaizu

I doubt I could watch or read any Directs or Iwata Asks the same way ever again without feeling anything. I always thought I was a heartless robot but this somehow is emotionally affecting me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom