• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Satoru Iwata Has Passed Away

Status
Not open for further replies.
gii5wws2lrj3vbt4q9gf.png
Those damn onions...

Shiokazu

i tried playing a game to shake it off...

i cant play video games today.

rip one of the best persons the world had. you were one of the few, not just anyone.

the world lost a serious precious jewel

This is really sad news. RIP good man. We will miss you.

One thing I really hate about the gaming media is how they don't give importance to such news. I remember when Hiroshi Yamauchi passed away and the mainstream media outlets gave the news more coverage than the likes of Gamespot. It's sickening how the games media just makes this into lesser news. Today IGN hasn't even made this among the top news. It's lower down on their homepage. It's a disgrace.

These creators are the life and soul of the games and their lives are more important than the games.

Well, it just happened like an hour ago...

Whizkid7

This is not how I wanted my weekend to end. Not like this.

This world is just too cruel. To take away someone beloved by many, no matter what the naysayers scream, is just too cruel.

I can't even describe a feeling right now. I just feel...empty.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
Back when I first joined GAF was right about when I first started following the industry in depth. At that time I was a huge Nintendo fan and Iwata has always been the face of the company to me. I'm floored at this news. Man was a legend and he shall always be remembered by me.

Banned
But I thought the surgery to remove the growth was successful and he was recovering nicely? He seemed fine on the latest directs and appearances? Damn. It's all happening too fast.

Nabae

Unconfirmed Member
Unbelievable. The last time I read about his health, I got the impression that he was getting better.

Thank you for everything, Mr. Iwata. Rest in peace.

Just learned of this. Such a sudden passing, very saddened by this news.

We can get worked up about such trivialities in the gaming community, but hopefully we can respect Iwata and his contribution to gaming.

RIP

Aureon

Please do not let me serve on a jury. I am actually a crazy person.
Holy shit, a thunder in the blue sky.

Rest in peace, fellow.

Absolutely fucking horrible news. RIP.

Thank you, Mr. Iwata. So many people have been so touched by your work, and our hobby owes you a debt it could never pay.

Strife91

I can't believe these news. It's so hard to swallow. It is just too sudden. I though he recovered and then this? May he rest in peace.

Holy crap. This is crazy. This is the end of an era for Nintendo. Gunpei Yokoi, Yamauchi, and now Mr. Iwata. Rest in peace, Mr. Iwata. Nintendo won't be the same without you anymore.

:(

ohlawd

holy shit

RIP

always liked him even when Nintendo were going through some rough times. this is one of the few industry deaths I'll ever be shook at.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
WHAT THE FUCK

RIP, man

goddamn

who the fuck is going to bring Nintendo information

directly to me

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom