• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Satoru Iwata Has Passed Away

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChiefGrim

Neo Member
I'm still floored by this, RIP Mr. Iwata-san. I don't know if Nintendo will ever feel the same again without your voice and vision. ;~;

XaosWolf

I am speechless. Legitimately upset now even though I don't personally know him.

Rest in peace, Iwata. It won't be the same without you.

Abdiel

RIP, Mr. Iwata.

I think it says something good about GAF that this thread is almost 50 pages long already, all with wishes of peace, and good thoughts for his loved ones. No pot shots or console war crap.

I hope his family is able to mourn as they need, without too much intrusion.

Fuck... I know he was sick, but shit, this came out if nowhere to me.

RIP Satoru Iwata
You always seemed like a respectable businessman, game developer and lover of games.

SovanJedi

provides useful feedback
Wow. I'm speechless.

I never met the man before, but I felt like he was a good friend to me. He was talented, and composed, and knew Nintendo inside-out and from all directions. He did so much for the company and still managed it with a charm befitting the company.

Rest in peace, you marvellous company president. I'll join the rest of you all in missing him very, very deeply.

I can't believe it. I just heard the news from my sister. I almost cried when I heard. One of my biggest inspirations and favorite people.

A big loss for the industry. A genius who's impact will be felt for years to come.

RIP Iwata

-Horizon-

kirbydrawing_200.jpg

:(

Kolma

Holy fucking shit this is the first time a "celebrity" death has made me teary eyed. DS and Wii were my childhood and the directs made me like him as a person. RIP Mr. Iwata.

The only other celeb to make me cry.
Hell the only other death period to make me cry was Steve Irwin.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom