• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Scalebound Gameplay Demo [extended IGN First demo in OP]

What game does Scalebound most remind you of?

Results are only viewable after voting.

Abdiel

You right handed people are a bunch of obnoxiously intolerant fuckers, do you see left handed people complaining that almost everything is made for right handers FUCK NO we don't. But we get one, just fucking one goddamn bit of representation and its a fucking issue.
Fuck you guys

I kid

What about those of us who are ambidextrous? I use both hands interchangeably.

moered6

Banned
bunch of new details
http://ca.ign.com/articles/2015/08/...s?hub_page_(front_page)=&utm_content=2&page=1

- you can eventually ride dragon
- very large non-linear world.
-“If Thuban(dragons name) is close to death, Drew’s arm will change colour
-you can customize dragon "here are a lot of customisation options that we’re planning for your dragon,” says Scalebound’s game designer Yusuke Miyata. ”It’s not just the armour, it’s broken down into several different parts of the dragon. The parts themselves have a transformation quality, and on top of that you can pick and choose the armour you can slot into these parts.”"

Frog-fu

Banned
bunch of new details
http://ca.ign.com/articles/2015/08/...s?hub_page_(front_page)=&utm_content=2&page=1

-you can customize dragon "here are a lot of customisation options that we’re planning for your dragon,” says Scalebound’s game designer Yusuke Miyata. ”It’s not just the armour, it’s broken down into several different parts of the dragon. The parts themselves have a transformation quality, and on top of that you can pick and choose the armour you can slot into these parts.”"

People better not have a problem with dragon armour DLC. I'll fight someone.

Ugh. Dragon Armor DLC. Ugh ugh ugh!

Seriously though, the new details sound great. I'm most interested in the customization aspects and riding a mothafuggin dragon. I must've missed it earlier,
but knowing that Drew is from "our" world makes me hate his design a little less. Now it makes sense why he stands out so much.

bunch of new details

My grown-ass Spyro will be unmerciful. Let it be known. I'm naming him Spyro.

Sydle

bunch of new details

Love the bit about customizing Drew broadly, but the focus is on customizing the dragon for different fighting styles and developing a bond. I also like hearing the world is "so massively huge," but I hope it stays interesting. Okami, for example, had a huge world and ultimately it was a great game, but of my 30-hour play through I felt the game stopped being as interesting after the half way mark (
after the Nine-tails fight
).

Looking forward to learning more.

StudioTan

Hold on, friend! I'd love to share with you some swell news about the Windows 8 Metro UI! Wait, where are you going?
bunch of new details

Cool stuff. My wife will be disappointed you can't play as a girl though.

Neff

bunch of new details

Sounds cool.

Mufc1427

bunch of new details

Neat

Ugh. Dragon Armor DLC. Ugh ugh ugh!

Seriously though, the new details sound great. I'm most interested in the customization aspects and riding a mothafuggin dragon. I must've missed it earlier,
but knowing that Drew is from "our" world makes me hate his design a little less. Now it makes sense why he stands out so much.

I'm glad I wasn't the only one that immediately thought of this :p.

But yeah, it does sound great, I hope they can pull it off.

Alx

Interesting stuff. I'm surprised that most of the customization seems focused on the dragon rather than the playable character. I hope it doesn't take away the feeling of leveling up, when you're not experiencing it first-hand.

Ambidextrous folk are abominations before nature, and i'm not anti-ambidextrous some of my best friends use two hands.
Freaks

deadtumblr_m17m29Gimg1r68yri.gif~c200

bunch of new details

Just read it all and im even more excited than I was before. This game has some serious potential.

-Main Character (Drew) Is from a different world which explains his headphones and why he sticks out
-World is compared to Pandora of Avatar
-World is centered around a life force called Pulse inspired from The Force in Star Wars
-More believable monsters
-Dungeons all have boss like we see in the trailer, what are they guardians of?
-Dragons can be leveled up the way you want them to to make your dragon look completely different and feel completely different.
-Drew gets new weapons and levels up mostly through stats by leveling up..

Kuro

I wonder how much I'll be able to get back if I buy an XOne for this game and then beat the game and then sell the XOne. I'm hoping at least $250 by the time the game comes out. Maybe it will come out on Windows 10?

trixx

This looks bleh
Frame rate looked real rough. Didn't like character till he transformed wish he moved a bit faster. I'm sure it will play good though

bunch of new details

Interesting interview. I'm liking what I'm hearing.

entremet

I'm actually happy they didn't go Dragon May Cry.

I love action games, but I want to see new things from Kamiya. Loved Okami, so his adventure game chops are proven for me.

I love action games, but I want to see new things from Kamiya. Loved Okami, so his adventure game chops are proven for me.

Looks more similar to X and Xenoblade than anything honestly. But yeah he is doing some new stuff in this one which certainly looks good, but it also is open world and will certainly have plenty of adventure esque stuff as well.

Means the opening of the game could be pretty mental, from a cinematic perspective.

Normal guy eating his breakfast and *INSERT WORLD CHANGING CALAMITY HERE*

Also Dungeons. *glee*

Im very interested in the Dungeon aspect of the game. If i remember correctly, Kamiya said he would like to do a Zelda game before, so this could take some inspirations from there. Though i wouldnt expect it to be as puzzle heavy

Hedge

After this new info, this is actually sounding interesting.
Maybe I need to find someone who can borrow me their console.

I'm glad I wasn't the only one that immediately thought of this :p.

But yeah, it does sound great, I hope they can pull it off.
If it wasn't obvious, I was just joking about the armor DLC in response to frog-fu. Probably should have quoted him! :p

One way to settle this....FIGHT!!!!!!!
I'm down. Where you at Ricky 'I ain't nothing without Lucy' Ricardo?!

I'm afraid you'll have to take a seat there friend, I called it first!
Okay, how about this? I'll be Spyro and you'll be Fake Skylander Country Bumpkin Spyro. Deal?

Edit: Woops! I somehow glossed over the second part of your post. Fine, you can have Spyro. I'll find a more worthy dragon to claim. Spyro's old news anyways.

Seems to be shaping up pretty nicely, but I do hope to see a little more on dragon customization in the future. Hopefully a mage type dragon build will be possible.

I'm down. Where you at Ricky 'I ain't nothing without Lucy' Ricardo?!

Okay, how about this? I'll be Spyro and you'll be Fake Skylander Country Bumpkin Spyro. Deal?

Edit: Woops! I somehow glossed over the second part of your post. Fine, you can have Spyro. I'll find a more worthy dragon to claim. Spyro's old news anyways.

Now, now, no need to bring Lucy into this. Just rest peacefully in the knowledge that Spyro and I will be there for you in your greatest hour of need :)

What about those of us who are ambidextrous? I use both hands interchangeably.

My brother. Represent!

I can also use each foot interchangeably. Ambidexterity comes in handy for various things like martial arts and dancing.
Also sex.

OT in the video the character switches hands doesn't he?

Edit: Yup, just checked and he does use both hands. #Ambimasterace

Peltz

This guy right here knows what's up.

We just got W101 and Bayonetta 2 from Platinum. Those games are insanely replayable. I love the fact that they are challenging their own comfort zone to try and make something unique in Scalebound.

In fact, I'm not interested in getting another pure hack-n-slash game from Platinum until they try their hand at a few more unique concepts like those in Scalebound.

Gbraga

This guy right here knows what's up.

We just got W101 and Bayonetta 2 from Platinum. Those games are insanely replayable. I love the fact that they are challenging their own comfort zone to try and make something unique in Scalebound.

In fact, I'm not interested in getting another pure hack-n-slash game from Platinum until they try their hand at a few more unique concepts like those in Scalebound.

They're also making Nier, another RPG!

Gbraga

After seeing Scalebound i fear for Nier 2.

Nier will be fine, don't worry.

Or do worry, it's your right, but I believe in the team, they seem passionate about Nier, Platinum is competent and it's a dream team behind the major stuff, I have complete faith in them.

EDIT: Also, some people feared that Platinum being the devs behind it would mean it would no longer be an RPG, because of Platinum's history with action games, if anything, Scalebound shows that Platinum is more than willing to make an RPG.

Top Bottom