• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SCEJA Press Conference 2015 dated for September 15

Status
Not open for further replies.
Panta Rhei and Luminous are two peas in a pod.
I don't think you can compare Panta Rhei to Luminous.

I mean Panta Rhei is more of a fluke, Luminous has something real atleast. I also truly believe Deep Down is dead and there is zero game in development at Capcom that actually utilizes Panta Rhei mythical engine.

vpance

It's going so well that all they're doing is releasing MT Framework games, publicly talking about how Deep Down's development is a disaster in large parts due to the engine, and showing pretty underwhelming screenshots for a game that takes place in tiny caves.

I'm sure it's secretly a masterpiece and this is just to avoid suspicion.

Yall wait and see. Japanese pride and honor will let them prevail in the end.

Kinda weird to see how Capcom is struggling so much with Panta Rhei when MT Framework was such a good engine last gen in terms of development for HD twins. At least with Square their engines were shit even last gen.

Yep. 3AM dark and early for us east coasters.

I have class at 11AM, but I think I can survive. I'll probably just sleep at 10PM, set an alarm for 2:30AM, wake up, watch for an hour and a half, back to sleep.

Wait is the conference today, or tomorrow? Japan is 13 hours ahead I always get confused when these conferences start.

Bloodrage

Banned
Wait is the conference today, or tomorrow? Japan is 13 hours ahead I always get confused when these conferences start.
t1442300400z1.png

Elfstruck

I don't think you can compare Panta Rhei to Luminous.

I mean Panta Rhei is more of a fluke, Luminous has something real atleast. I also truly believe Deep Down is dead and there is zero game in development at Capcom that actually utilizes Panta Rhei mythical engine.

You didn't get the message? DD is the new TLG.

You didn't get the message? DD is the new TLG.
TLG had actual talent working on it. DD was doomed from the start ever since it was revealed to be a game by Capcom Online Games. The only thing that made me interested was the graphics and it being a Panta Engine game.

MT Framework was basically the Fox Engine of the previous generation. It was scaleable to a wide variety of hardware (mobile, handheld, low-end PC hardware) and was easy to code and use.

The big mistake Capcom made with Panta Rhei was focusing on the higher end hardware and tech and forgetting to make an engine that is scalable to the lower hand hardware. Right from the get go, the focus was on the graphics showcase instead of scalability and this was the downfall for the game.

MSMrRound

I'm not sure I see the correlation here. The SCEJA presser has had plenty of Western games featured, including stuff like Octodad.

Yea I am aware, but probably not the right/best spot for a Rime revival on the big stage. Paris Game Week/Playstation Experience seem like much better shots for Rime's re-appearance.

Boke1879

I'm actually contemplating going to bed early so I can wake up and watch these announcements.

Should I just wait until morning and just read what was announced? Reason to be hyped?

Lingitiz

I'm not expecting a ton tonight, but I do hope we get a date on Persona 5 or something. If not at this, hopefully later this week.

I'm actually contemplating going to bed early so I can wake up and watch these announcements.

Should I just wait until morning and just read what was announced? Reason to be hyped?

Depends on what you're lookng forward to. Excited at the possibility of seeing Gravity Rush 2, Level 5's PS4 game, Danganronpa 3, Vanillaware's mech game, more of The Last Guardian, etc? Then watch it live.

Boke1879

Depends on what you're lookng forward to. Excited at the possibility of seeing Gravity Rush 2, Level 5's PS4 game, Danganronpa 3, Vanillaware's mech game, more of The Last Guardian, etc? Then watch it live.

True. I'm just glad TGS is finally kicking off. So excited to see what's in the pipeline

The potential:

Ys 8
Persona 5
The Last Guardian
Gravity Rush 2
HSG 7
Bloodborne DLC
SCEJ JRPG
Nier 2
FFXV
FF12 remaster
DQ11
DQB
SO5
Project Setsuna
Dissidia PS4
New Vanillaware game
Level 5 JRPG
Deep Down
DMC5
RE7
Yakuza spin off
SEGA adventure/JRPG
Tekken 7
Xenosaga HD
Tales of Besteria
Silent Hills

The potential:

Ys 8
Persona 5
The Last Guardian
Gravity Rush 2
HSG 7
Bloodborne DLC
SCEJ JRPG
Nier 2
FFXV
FF12 remaster
DQ11
DQB
SO5
Project Setsuna
Dissidia PS4
New Vanillaware game
Level 5 JRPG
Deep Down
DMC5
RE7
Yakuza spin off
SEGA adventure/JRPG
Tekken 7
Xenosaga HD
Tales of Besteria
Silent Hills

You forgot
The Last Remnant
HD port.

K8KEFKX.gif

Darksol

All i need to know is whether persona 5 releasing this year...this damn silence.
Japan most likely

Silence? Apart from Atlus going door to door personally informing every citizen of Persona 5 in 2015, I can't think of how they could be more clear. They've stated 2015 for NA and JP about twenty thousand times in the past six months.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom