• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SDA's Awesome Games Done Quick 2013 - Speedrun Marathon for Charity

Like could someone play Dark Souls, rolling their way into the wall while wearing a certain armor and trigger the final boss fight?
In earlier versions of the game you could go straight to the final area as soon as you got the lordvessel.

Kiln skip I think its called

Is anyone else still having issues with the archived videos? They are stuttery as heck for me and pretty much unwatchable sadly. Really wanted to catch up on the runs I missed. I assume they get archived on twitch forever?

Ledsen

Any tips on great runs to watch? So far I've seen (and can recommend)

Super Meat Boy - Great commentator and amazing skills on display. My favorite I think.
VVVVVV - Super fast and skillful play, and good commentary. Another favorite.
Die Hard - Just incredibly silly and fun
Darksiders - Great commentator and lots of fun glitches.
God of War 2 - Again, great commentator and out-of-bounds galore.
Trials Evolution - No glitches really, just extremely impressive skilled play. Ok commentary.
Amnesia - Great dry british commentary and a surprisingly fun game to watch a speedrun of.
Metroid Prime & Metroid Prime 2 - Some serious glitching going on here, also great commentary (the sidekick guy was a bit annoying though). MP1 is the game that basically kicked off speedrunning as a thing, so the run has been in development longer than almost any others.
Zelda: A Link to the Past - Fun for nostalgia, some fun glitches in here.

demidar

Any tips on great runs to watch? So far I've seen (and can recommend)

Super Meat Boy - Great commentator and amazing skills on display. My favorite I think.
VVVVVV - Super fast and skillful play, and good commentary. Another favorite.
Die Hard - Just incredibly silly and fun
Darksiders - Great commentator and lots of fun glitches.
God of War 2 - Again, great commentator and out-of-bounds galore.
Trials Evolution - No glitches really, just extremely impressive skilled play. Ok commentary.
Amnesia - Great dry british commentary and a surprisingly fun game to watch a speedrun of.
Metroid Prime & Metroid Prime 2 - Some serious glitching going on here, also great commentary (the sidekick guy was a bit annoying though). MP1 is the game that basically kicked off speedrunning as a thing, so the run has been in development longer than almost any others.
Zelda: A Link to the Past - Fun for nostalgia, some fun glitches in here.

Zelda II, lots of interesting commentary there.
Yoshi's Island, Carl Sagan is a god. He does all these crazy tricks while nonchalantly talking about them or random trivia.
Super Ghouls 'n Ghosts torch run, great because so many things go wrong and PJ has a great sense of humour.

Also heard Wind Waker is pretty good but I haven't gotten to that yet.

Ledsen

Holy shit Carl sagan IS a god... WOW at this yoshis Island run. Also i love his nerd posse explaining things when he's too busy. He's like a speedrunning Napoleon dynamite.

speedpop

Has problems recognising girls
Holy shit Carl sagan IS a god... WOW at this yoshis Island run.
It was easily one of my favourite runs. I think he only made a mistake or two throughout the entire ordeal to 100% everything. Poetry in motion for those of us who love Yoshi's Island and seeing what can be achieved in the hands of a master.

Ledsen

Just watched Funkydoc's Castlevania runs, definitely one of my favorite runners. Calm and collected, with great commentary (sadly the commentator didn't leave him much room to talk) and crazy solid play. Love his little "yessssssss" followed by a matter-of-fact "so that was the hardest room in the game". Also major props for no death in any CV game.

Drago

Sorry to necrobump this but I just found out that the Summer Games Done Quick Marathon is gonna be from July 25 - 29. Games include Okami, Quest 64, TMNT3, Mega Man 8, Diddy Kong Racing, Castlevania 64, Paper Mario, Pilotwings 64, Final Fantasy V, Pokemon Fire Red/Leaf Green, GTA: Vice City, and the Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess.

Get hype! :D

http://marathon.speeddemosarchive.com/

Also, Siglemic will be on at a much more reasonable time (Sunday night @ 10pm ET/7pm PT).

I still have loads of PJSalt for whatever bonehead decided to schedule him for 8am Saturday morning during AGDQ.

FYC

Banned
Sorry to necrobump this but I just found out that the Summer Games Done Quick Marathon is gonna be from July 25 - 29. Games include Okami, Quest 64, TMNT3, Mega Man 8, Diddy Kong Racing, Castlevania 64, Paper Mario, Pilotwings 64, Final Fantasy V, Pokemon Fire Red/Leaf Green, GTA: Vice City, and the Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess.

Get hype! :D

http://marathon.speeddemosarchive.com/

Awesome, thanks for the headsup. Will definitely be there.

Top Bottom