• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Seeming surge of hate crimes, assaults, intimidation in wake of Trump victory

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sianos

being a bystander is implicit acceptance and demonstrates cowardice

desperately pretending not to notice the suffering around you because you can't handle the guilt of being a bystander makes you something worse

jlaw-whtvr.gif

59,689,467 people are all exactly the same. Confirmed.

As far as OP. That's awful and shameful. I hope those that do such things are brought to justice.
If you really cared you wouldn't have vote for him. You can rationalize it any way you want but you supported this and everything else that will come. You and every trump supporter.

The President Elect normalized this behavior and now it occupies the Oval Office for at least 4 years.

Yeah but at least Donald Trump will make life harder on the super rich, like himself and his family, so that I can have lower taxes and the best jobs, so many jobs!

I had to forsake my entire belief system (I'm not actually racist/sexist/homophobic/xenophobic/compulsive liar like Trump despite my vote) and I reject all the bad things he says will do if I put him in the white house, and am TRULY, TRULY hurting for all those small groups that suffer the same economic strife I do, but are also a minority that Trump says he will be "going after".

Truly sorry guys.

I just know for sure that this guy who uses loopholes to pay less tax on his businesses so I have to pay more and feed my kids less, and produces all his wears in China, will look out for me now that he's even more powerful.

Just to re-iterate.

I DO NOT SUPPORT DONALD TRUMP AND THE VILE THINGS HE STOOD FOR, MY VOTE WAS ONLY TO LOWER TAXES. IT WAS THE OTHER TRUMP VOTERS WHO VOTED FOR HIS HATRED.

I CONDEMN IN ADVANCE, ALL THE NEGATIVE CONSEQUENCES TOWARDS MINORITIES AS A RESULT OF NORMALISED WHITE NATIONALISM IN AMERICA. THAT ISN'T WHAT I VOTED FOR.

I RESERVE THE RIGHT TO TELL ANYONE WHO SAYTS THAT I AM IN ANY WAY RESPONSIBLE FOR PUTTING A WHITE NATIONALIST IN THE WHITE HOUSE. THAT IT IS PEOPLE LIKE YOU THAT MADE ME VOTE FOR HIM!

I mean, I hate racism as much as the next guy, but ooooooooooooh it makes me SO mad when I get stick for supporting racists that I just up and join them!!!

Not that I usually support racists.....I just get a bit mad when people dont like that I'm supporting a racist.......

If that makes sense?

Easy_D

never left the stone age
Friends of Trump: When we talk about empowering racists, it's not some abstract point to win an online argument. Stories like this are exactly what we mean.

Yeah, by voting Trump you've empowered racists and normalized racism. There's no way around that, that's a thing you have to live with, if you have a single shred of decency inside of ya.

DedValve

Banned
Sad, this is the exact type of idiocy that lost Hillary the election and yet you're still too hateful/simple-minded to see it.

Please explain exactly how this type of idiocy lost Hillary the election. By pissing off bigots who were voting Trump or 3rd party or abstaining before they got their feelings hurt by the big mean minority?

My gf and I had a serious conversation about how it would be unfair for us to have kids anytime soon. Bringing a child in this society as half Black and half hispanic/Dominican is just asking for more issues.

DrSlek

To re-iterate: All Trump Supporters Are RACIST, HOMOPHOBIC, ISLAMOPHOBIC, BIGOTED cunts.

EVERY. LAST. ONE.

And before anyone quotes bu-b-bub- stfu and accept that if you are a Trump supporter than everything I said is true on some level. You may not be screaming "fuck the N' or the fags" but you are equally guilty of spreading this vile poison.

I don't think that's the case. It's certainly not that binary. It would be more accurate to say that all bigots voted for Trump, but it's unlikely that everybody who voted for Trump was a bigot.
I'm more inclined to think that...in the Rust Belt for instance they voted for Trump because of his promises to somehow bring manufacturing jobs back into the US. These people placed greater emphasis on their own livelihood than on social issues when deciding who to vote for.

However I'm just speculating, and a proper autopsy of the election will be needed to make a proper conclusion.

Gorger

Utterly terrifying and disgusting. I am glad I live in Scandinavia and not USA. I had plans to visit America before the election, but now I will stay far away.

Squalor

Sad, this is the exact type of idiocy that lost Hillary the election and yet you're still too hateful/simple-minded to see it.
Your bigotry is what lost Hillary the election.

If there weren't easily pliable bigots like you who unreasonably blame minorities for all the country's issues, a bigot like Trump wouldn't be president.

Lime

"But it's so tough for white people to be called racist! The regressive Left and SJWs forced me to vote for a fascist"

Fuck you and fuck whoever/whatever made you this way.

Organize and fight.

Izuna

Banned
My gf and I had a serious conversation about how it would be unfair for us to have kids anytime soon. Bringing a child in this society as half Black and half hispanic/Dominican is just asking for more issues.

I am so sorry that I don't have an immediate answer to this.

You can't back down. There is good and love in your own life and that will be there for your child. Don't submit to the deplorable assholes.

Grazzt

Utterly disgusting. Trump not only inspires racists and homophobes in US, his influence also reaches other parts of the world.

Fracas

#fuckonami
We really need to understand why these people feel this way. Can someone bring them a chair to the table that we are at?

I frankly don't know how the Dems bridge that gap. Sanders got the economic part down I think, but there's a LOT of work to be done.

That's even if Dem leadership wants to go that direction.

One of the many reasons I chose to be sterilized. Seeing shit like this re-affirms my views.

Jenov

This is what makes my blood boil about all of the "unity" crap that came out of Trumps mouth at his winner speech. It's insincere. The entire election Trump has spouted the COMPLETE opposite of unity, he's sowed hatred and division, made bullying in style, and gives sexual harassment a free pass.

To think his supporters actually will think oh yeah, lets do "UNITY" now? GIVE ME A BREAK. They took it as a *nudge nudge wink wink*, yeah unity, riiiiight. Its a free pass to treat people like shit now, because that's what their leader has done consequence-free the entire time.

I don't think that's the case. It's certainly not that binary. It would be more accurate to say that all bigots voted for Trump, but it's unlikely that everybody who voted for Trump was a bigot.
I'm more inclined to think that...in the Rust Belt for instance they voted for Trump because of his promises to somehow bring manufacturing jobs back into the US. These people placed greater emphasis on their own livelihood than on social issues when deciding who to vote for.

Yes because he predicated it on being the Mexicans and Chinese stealing their jobs. He used racism to form their economic view. There was no talk of automation of skill building, it is simply the foreigners stole the jobs and I'll bring them back,

Not

Banned
Fuck. I bet the bigots are bringing a TON of little bigot kids into this world as we speak.

I should have kids.

However I'm just speculating, and a proper autopsy of the election will be needed to make a proper conclusion.

Voting for trump automatically makes you a bigot supporter, is that as bad as a full fledged bigot? In my eyes, yes.

Your bigotry is what lost Hillary the election.

If there weren't easily pliable bigots like you who unreasonably blame minorities for all the country's issues, a bigot like Trump wouldn't be president.

Wasn't aware I'd ever blamed a minority for a problem in this country, thanks for filling me in. And I voted Hillary. Hope that helps.

jlaw-whtvr.gif

59,689,467 people are all exactly the same. Confirmed.

As far as OP. That's awful and shameful. I hope those that do such things are brought to justice.

Tacit approval is just as bad if not worse than openly supporting bigotry and misogyny and racism. Tacit approval normalizes it which is the worst thing that can be done for those things. So if those 60 million are not all racists and sexists and so on then they at least are enabling those that are.

MechaX

A friend in an interracial relationship just had a kid and is absolutely dumbfounded that she has to raise a child in this kind of environment.

Why do you care now? honest question.

It didn't matter last night, right?

Jesus. Come down off your high horse. There are tons of different reasons people voted the way they do. They don't all fit into a tight little category that makes it easier for sore losers to accept a loss.

I've literally, and I mean literally gotten into fights with people who are racists and more especially those that are homophobic with me having a gay little brother and serving in the military with friends that were gay. You may not like or respect my choice. I'm fine with that. You don't have to. It doesn't mean I don't care about people.

Crossing Eden

Hello, my name is Yves Guillemot, Vivendi S.A.'s Employee of the Month!
"How dare you call people who actively voted for a bigot a bigot, how dare you, you're just as bad, herp a derp a fuckity derp derp" What more will it take at this point? Honestly?

RPGCrazied

This is what makes my blood boil about all of the "unity" crap that came out of Trumps mouth at his winner speech. It's insincere. The entire election Trump has spouted the COMPLETE opposite of unity, he's sowed hatred and division, made bullying in style, and gives sexual harassment a free pass.

To think his supporters actually will think oh yeah, lets do "UNITY" now? GIVE ME A BREAK. They took it as a *nudge nudge wink wink*, yeah unity, riiiiight. Its a free pass to treat people like shit now, because that's what their leader has done consequence-free the entire time.

Once a con man, always a con man.

Kai Dracon

Writing a dinosaur space opera symphony
I'm fucking stunned by how much of that horseshit I read today.

"SJW" was the internet taking a relative handful of stupid fucking tumblr and twitter accounts along with often exaggerated or dishonest stories of college incidents, and promoting the probably brilliant propaganda narrative that they represented THE NEW PROGRESSIVE MOVEMENT, GONE MAD.

The Alt-Right has done an excellent job of getting people to equate the concept of understanding the fundamental humanity of other people with being a pansy-wansy "justice warrior" that just whines about made-up problems that aren't real.

This mindjob is in the process of making the leap to mainstream politics and real life, dovetailing flawlessly with the normalization of acting like an aggressive, foul-mouthed asshole, passing it off as being "real", "telling it like it is" and "defending the first amendment".

Bronx-Man

Banned
Will anyone please look out for the plight of the rural white voter? All they want is to take away the rights of minorities in peace without having the liberals and sjw's throw around the 'r-word' so often.

Easy_D

never left the stone age
Once a con man, always a con man.

He took a page out of the Brexit book it seems. Come on folks, time to come together now!

So Republicans just aren't allowed on GAF now?

I'm independent so I don't really care, but I think it's ridiculous to generalise such a large group of people.

Yo dawg, there are plenty of republicans who disliked Trump and his bigotry. If you vote for Trump you're more than a republican. But yeah, good job, your team won fam.

As the shock of the result is bigger than the Brexit debacle and that had a nasty surge in racism and bigotry, I'm afraid it will be a very unpleasant time in the US for a while. Hell, maybe for years.

iamcenok

I'm flipping the fuck out right now because my mind immediately jumped to some pro Trump hooligans after a co-worker posted that her 11 year old son went missing. He's Hispanic, Puerto Rican. Not that racist fuckwits would know the difference between Dominicans, Puerto Ricans, Cubans, Mexicans etc etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom