• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sega 3D Classics #11: Out Run is coming!

Danny Dudekisser

I paid good money for this Dynex!
Pretty nice video comparing (all?) the different ports of Out Run, including the GBA version that's part of Sega Arcade Gallery, and the PS2 remake.

http://youtu.be/RFrz2zzV91E

Fails to mention that the NA Saturn version on Sega Ages Vol 1 also includes the 60 FPS smooth mode of the Japanese release, NA only lacked the remixed music. Otherwise a good video.

I thought the problem with the Sega Ages version in NA was that it only had the remixed music -- the original music was cut from it.

AmyS

I thought the problem with the Sega Ages version in NA was that it only had the remixed music -- the original music was cut from it.

I think that is what the Working Designs manual stated. The NA version seems to have slightly arranged versions of the arcade music while the Japanese version has the arranged arcade plus completely arranged / remixed music.
If I am remembering correctly (not stating this as fact).

discoalucard

i am a butthurt babby that can only drool in wonder at shiney objects
I think that is what the Working Designs manual stated. The NA version seems to have slightly arranged versions of the arcade music while the Japanese version has the arranged plus completely remixed music. If I am remembering correctly (not stating this as fact).

You're correct. I remember reading the same thing in the manual, but if the NA version isn't the original arcade OST, it's VERY close to it. There's another set of arranged tracks which are totally different on the JP release.

Pretty nice video comparing (all?) the different ports of Out Run, including the GBA version that's part of Sega Arcade Gallery, and the PS2 remake.

http://youtu.be/RFrz2zzV91E

Fails to mention that the NA Saturn version on Sega Ages Vol 1 also includes the 60 FPS smooth mode of the Japanese release, NA only lacked the remixed music. Otherwise a good video.

i think this deserves a remake including the 3DS version

Raitaro

Everytime this thread bumps onto the first page I get excited thinking it was finally announced to be released in America/Europe :c

Yeah, me too.

Shame that every Japanese game, whether it's a re-release such as this one, a new IP, or even a new game in a beloved series (such as the newly announced Phoenix Wright trilogy set in old Japan) is held hostage in Japan again these days until - as if by a small miracle - it is deemed worthy of localisation. If only publishers would allow fansubbing or crowdsourced translation work for their games or something...

Regardless of this, I'm VERY happy there might be a possibility I'll finally be able to take a pretty much arcade perfect version of Outrun with me on trips from now on. Now to find a nice sand beach, parasol, cocktail and some sunny weather and my ideal holiday moment would be complete.

(And SEGA / M2: please do a 3D version of the lesser known Turbo Outrun as well to make this Outrun fan even more happy!)

Lettuce

It's also the same with Out Run playable in Shenmue II on Japanese/EU Dreamcast, as well as the Xbox version.

I thought the xbox version had the Testarossa back in, as at that time Sega had the rights to Ferrari due to OutRun Coast2Coast??

Still surprises me they couldnt just leave the model design the same and just remove the prancing horse, i mean its not realistic looking in anyway like a Testarossa surely???

I've always wanted to grab the Sega Ages port of Outrun on the Saturn, but it's like $60 minimum. dunno if I wanna pony up that much cash for it...

what do you guys think of Out Runners?

Top Bottom