• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sen. Lindsey Graham: Trump Says War With North Korea an Option

Tovarisc

There will be war between the United States and North Korea over the rogue nation's missile program if it continues to aim intercontinental ballistic missiles at America, Sen. Lindsey Graham, R-S.C., said President Donald Trump has told him.

"He has told me that. I believe him," the lawmaker said Tuesday on TODAY. "If I were China, I would believe him, too, and do something about it."

Graham said that Trump won't allow the regime of Kim Jong Un to have an ICBM with a nuclear weapon capability to "hit America."

"If there’s going to be a war to stop [Kim Jong Un], it will be over there. If thousands die, they’re going to die over there. They’re not going to die here. And He has told me that to my face," Graham said.
Military experts have said there are no good options for peacefully stopping North Korea, although the National Security Council has previously presented Trump with possibilities that could include putting American nukes in South Korea or killing Kim Jong Un.

Graham said military experts are "wrong" that no good options exist.

"There is a military option to destroy North Korea's program and North Korea itself," he added.

Ultimately, a conflict in the region that would likely ensnare China and South Korea could claim millions of lives.
The U.S. Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff called his South Korean counterpart to discuss "military response options" and to express "the ironclad commitment to the U.S.-Republic of Korea alliance," a spokesman later said.

In response to the test, the U.S. and South Korea held a joint live fire exercise Saturday morning.

Pyongyang also confirmed the ICBM test launch, calling it a "stern warning" for the United States, Reuters reported.

The Union of Concerned Scientists, a nonprofit science advocacy group, says estimates based on available information about the missile's trajectory showed it could "easily reach the U.S. West Coast and a number of major U.S. cities."
http://www.nbcnews.com/news/north-k...orth-korea-option-n788396?cid=sm_npd_nn_tw_ma

RPGCrazied

These people are just itching for a war. Gee, I wonder why. If anything that boosts his numbers and distract from Russia it will be a war.

We're all going to die aren't we?

I'm going to South Korea in about 2 weeks, so don't worry guys, I'll put an end to all this

Remember to bring your bad-motherfucker-jacket.

2435C16F-9E69-4CDD-889B-5B0D422933C5_cx0_cy6_cw0_w1023_r1_s.jpg

Future

Trump is an ass, by this would be the case for any president in that seat while North Korea fires missles that could hit US coast. It's the reality when you got an instigator like North Korea that everyone has tried to ignore.

Nothing will happen until a gross misjustice is had: missle actually striking something of importance

Azuran

Banned
"If there's going to be a war to stop [Kim Jong Un], it will be over there. If thousands die, they're going to die over there. They're not going to die here. And He has told me that to my face,"

Jesus Christ, this warmongering orange fuck should be first one line is he's so willing to let people die by the thousands.

Amory

I really don't know how I feel about a war with North Korea.

It's frightening, absolutely. But I don't know if it'd be wrong, given the shit they're pulling. Something's gonna eventually have to be done.

Either way, I certainly don't want Trump to be the one to decide what to do.

Xando

~25 million starving, uneducated North Koreans await who ever attacks the regime....Trump is dumb enough to do it.

Wouldn't be the first time american politicians chose war without thinking about what came after

Can't wait for the 'It's chinas problem now' posts on GAF

This will be the greatest humanitarian crisis ever if a war actually happens. I'm sure Trump's understaffed white house will be able to handle it.

RoKKeR

I mean, I assume that *all* options are on theoretically on the table for something like this, but it's still frightening to even read.

Rex Tillerson said this months ago.

Key word being "option". This has been their stance the entire time. This isn't a new development

Honestly, I don't think there's a great scenario any way you put it. At some point, one of two things will happen: North Korea will gain a leader that doesn't treat their people like shit and blame the Western world for all its problems, or NK will continue down this path and threaten or follow through with their threats at some point.

#2 is much more probable than #1.

So, what do you do? I think China does need to step up and take on a greater role in policing their neighbor, but there are huge costs associated with that. NK's missles already can reach most places in China, and there are millions of potential refugees waiting to come across the border when retribution awaits.

This scenario was going to happen with either Trump or Clinton, so we need to get on with finding a solution that has the best long-term results with the least amount of casualties.

linkboy

I really don't know how I feel about a war with North Korea.

It's frightening, absolutely. But I don't know if it'd be wrong, given the shit they're pulling. Something's gonna eventually have to be done.

Either way, I certainly don't want Trump to be the one to decide what to do.

You attack North Korea, and Seoul is getting shelled.

It'll be nothing be an ugly, international mess.

ApharmdX

Banned
Graham said military experts are "wrong" that no good options exist.

"There is a military option to destroy North Korea's program and North Korea itself," he added.

Be careful what you wish for. NK isn't Iraq. They will use their nukes to defend themselves or to retaliate by attacking South Korea. Either scenario would be an utter disaster.

kmax

Trump can't even get his own administration in order. A war with NK would be a catastrophic beyond any reasonable doubt.

This guy has the nuclear codes and it's fucking terrifying to what extent he's willing to push his craziness. The fallout would be disastrous.

NH Apache

Banned
Someone should tell Trump that we are still at war with North Korea. We only have a ceasefire with them.

Unfortunately I think that would make it easier for him to order an attack.

I think some type of armed conflict with North Korea is inevitable, sadly. And getting rid of Trump and replacing him with anyone won't change much.

Edit:

i hope I'm wrong

Bu-bu-t-but killary and her emails! She'd be bombing all these places and starting wars everywhere because she's America's last warhawk!

One of the most downplayed fears of a Trump presidency that everyone should have seen coming is the probability of nuclear holocaust. Impeach and incarcerate this motherfucker now.

Didn't Obama stop Iran's nuclear program by installing a computer virus?

Why can't we do that to North Korea?

I'm sure Baron could get the job done.

Top Bottom