• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Set your Switch User ID now

Don't sleep on this, people. I already had a Nintendo Account for a long time but the User ID option was blank. Even if you created one for Miitomo and similar stuff, check it again.

L Thammy

Claimed mine, suck it you L Thammy wannabes.

But we already have a Nintendo Network ID, why do we need another username?

Tathanen

Get Inside Her!
That was nicknames, we are now talking about unique user ID, they can only be lowercase.

You may be right that these happened at different times, but the user ID is not a new thing. I've had the all-lowercase user ID set for months.

Kouriozan

Came here to say the same thing.
Ya beat me, son

You two should probably double check if you got this :

nnQ0yWT.png

Andyliini

I tried changing it, but it said it was alreadt in use. Then again, I remember doing this a couple of months ago, so I think I just had the user ID already. At least I hope so.

Fliesen

thanks for the hint, was too lazy to consolidate my Nintendo / Wii / Eshop / whatever accounts, let alone use a safer password.

Hmmm, My User ID says not set in an orange box but when i click "Change" it offers to send a password change email. Can i do this from my Wii U instead?

edit: What Dee Dee said.

I can't change (set) it. (Germany) When I click the Edit button next to User-ID it takes me to a page where I can reset my Password (send me a mail...) Seems like the button is linked wrongly

No capital letters is a bit weird.

Also you can change it as many times as you like but you can't have duplicates? that seems so weird to me.

If you are being prompted to update your password, your USER ID is not set. Click the link, enter the verification number, and it will prompt you to set a user ID

That was kind of confusing, since I always signed in with my NNID before, but I was able to get what I wanted, minus the space.

Top Bottom