• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SHENMUE 3 kickstarter (PC/PS4) - FINAL DAY - NEW KS RECORD GO GO GO!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Erekiddo

Wait. Did you really.

Apparently.

1926894_10153004306362283_4488299298853337492_n.jpg

Iceman

I bought both of the originals as soon as they were available for import (to california). Paid a hundred bucks each time. I began to learn Japanese just so I could get through Shenmue I. Replayed the crap out of them. Purchased each of the English language ports. There is no doubt that I'm throwing money at this thing. The only question is how much.

FStop7

Banned
Remember: Nobody wants this and it's just nostalgia. That's why it crossed $1 mil and nearly 12,000 backers in 90 minutes.

My guess is that Sony has already agreed to partly fund the game, and that this Kickstarter is simply a courtesy gesture to offset development costs.

If the original game cost 70m to finance in the '90s, we can assume that 2m and a tiny team of Sega remnants really isn't going to conjure up much content in 2015.

Still, we'll see how far this goes.

I'd have preferred a Shenmue 1&2 port myself.

Or it's to prove there is adequate interest to fund it. There's clearly a reason why it was announced at their presser after the Cerny tweets, etc. but I doubt an extra $2M would stop Sony if they believed there was a market for the game.

Tenzan

Banned
This game will not be the scope of the first two. There is no way they can hope to sell enough copies to exceed that budget. I think sometimes Gaf needs to slow down the hype train and think realistically about things.

There are stretch goals to add more villages so they can increase the original scope of the 2mil target of this game at least

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom