• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SHOCKING NEWS:Sony Will Show “More than Ten” PS4 Titles at Tokyo Game Show(dont hype)

jyx

From Software is on the official list of ps4 developers. And Demon's Souls is a Sony IP, so this game wouldn't be part of any third party list.

True. I really hope Miyazaki is working on a new souls game. Demons Souls 2 is a good dream to have :)

What I want to see?

Legend of Dragoon 2 (ps4) yeah not happening, but would be fun.

Last Guardian ps4: Because why not at this point.

Dark Cloud (vita, ps4) would love to see it, but again, not likely.

Naughty Dogs Awesomefest 2014: Don't think we'll see it here, but I expect it for the VGA;s. Pitched as their big fall 2014 game.

Colony Wars (ps4) woudl be amazing, but not likely. The success of Star Citizen may reignite that spark though, and get publishers interested in the genre.

Syphon Filter (vita, ps4): A long time coming I think, but Bend may be too busy on..

Uncharted (vita): yeah, basically bound to happen, the first sold well.

iruotxrxm6ddC.gif
XD

AmyS

Gimme Ridge Racer 8 or Ridge Racers 3 with *all* the tracks from every game in the RR series (arcade, home) sans Unbounded.

Plus of course, a host of completely new tracks, at least one new meaningful gameplay mechanic, all @ native 1080p / 60 with shaders, lighting and overall visuals that annihilate those of the RR "Vision 2010" trailer shown at Sony's E3 2006 press conference--Something that was said to be possible on PS3 in 4 years, at the time.

No no, I take that back.

PS4 Ridge Racer (whatever name) should be, visually, at least as good as the intro to RR6 on 360.

Hell fucking yeah.

Honestly, I'd be surprised if anything new was announced. I'd love to see something coming out of Japan, particularly in the form of a JRPG, or some sort of Demon's Souls type announcement, but I won't believe it unless I see it. Too much hype isn't a good thing.

boinx

That or Soul Calibur VI, and I'd be overstoked. I'd say Tekken 7 too, but those always make arcade rounds for at least a year before console release. Actually, doesn't Virtua Fighter do too?

Pretty sure they both do. I was playing VF5:FS in Japan arcades way earlier than it was released on PSN/XBLA at least.

Mifune

Mehmber
Honestly, I'd be surprised if anything new was announced. I'd love to see something coming out of Japan, particularly in the form of a JRPG, or some sort of Demon's Souls type announcement, but I won't believe it unless I see it. Too much hype isn't a good thing.

Of course they're going to announce something new. The question is if Western audiences should bother caring about it.

weevles

How do we know the unmentioned games are new games versus other games that have already been previewed?

Sony should make serious moves to secure Deep Down as an exclusive. They need to compete with MS, who currently has been ahead with the third party esxclusives.

w00zey

Sony should make serious moves to secure Deep Down as an exclusive. They need to compete with MS, who currently has been ahead with the third party esxclusives.

The last time we saw deep down it looked like crap. I personally don't care who has more exclusives, I care who has better exclusives.

KoopaTheCasual

It didn;'t look like crap.

It didn't look like anything.

IT was just a CG trailer.

We saw this trailer, which people are not too pleased with. Hard to see what was actually happening, but the screens that GAF members pulled from the video were extremely unflattering. Hopefully Capcom just didn't believe the trailer would be picked apart as much as it was, but either way, it wasn't a good showing.

Amir0x

Banned
Given how confident Yoshida is at being able to withhold their massive catalogue of unannounced AAA games for PS4, I'm guessing we'll get ourselves a Hot Shots Golf and maybe finally The Last Guardian. Maybe.

And then I hope for more indies. Indies for everyone :D

KoopaTheCasual

Wait, I was just thinking. So we know of 10 exclusive PS4 titles, already. However, we also know of many different multiplat next gen titles... Will any of those count in the "More than Ten"? If so, this headline is not newsworthy at all. Unless of course, this has just become the defacto hype thread for TGS.

Samyy

Speculation I imagine.

I don't know about Demon Souls 2, but The Last Guardian looks like a safe bet.

Not a safe bet, insiders have stated that its unlikely to see at TGS. Big announcements in general are probably not going to be made here from a first party perspective. TLG is a big enough game that a rereveal at E3 makes more sense.

Garnering more hype when you're likely to sell out isn't exactly sound business strategy, so there's really no reason to drop bombs at TGS. Though you do want some hype if launching in Japan this year, or even early next since Pokemon and MH4 will likely be huge and SOny does need a reason for the Japanese audience to glance up at home consoles.

Deep Down
Knack Japanesiszed
Gravity Rush 2
New IP from Sony Japan
Final Fantasy 14
new Yakuza game

Megaton for me personally, that's not completely far-fetched (but still unlikely) is a MH portable title cross play with PS4/VIta.

Kumo

Aw, I was hoping they'd have more to show for The Order 1886, although if they are saving something more Japan-oriented for the show, I guess that's okay.

Not a safe bet, insiders have stated that its unlikely to see at TGS. Big announcements in general are probably not going to be made here from a first party perspective. TLG is a big enough game that a rereveal at E3 makes more sense.

really? which insiders?

Top Bottom