• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SHOCKING NEWS:Sony Will Show “More than Ten” PS4 Titles at Tokyo Game Show(dont hype)

Codernaut

Banned
Too late OP, hype has begun
1366660724067.gif

Is that a woman?

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
Persona 5
The Last Guardian
Final Fantasy XV
Kingdom Hearts III

IrishNinja

ima start slappin the next dude who downplays Yakuza Whatever, shit's a system seller while your Last Guardians are vaporware

ps maybe Super Rub a Dub 2, we could use a sequel there

pps who's Demonnite

Mifune

Mehmber
Personally? There's a few that I enjoy, but they're mostly boring to me. The only one that Sony has shown that interests me is Hotline Miami.

Do I need to slap an IMO in every post I make? If you think they're awesome, who am I to say you're wrong. I don't find them awesome.

May I ask why you find them boring? The lack of cutscenes? Inferior graphics? Just general "cheap" feel? It can't be the gameplay because indie games cover every genre under the sun. I honestly want to know.

Although you say you don't like AAA games either so now I guess I'm confused. You like the disappearing middle tier of games? You should embrace indies because they are the new middle tier.

Theecliff

Banned
Personally? There's a few that I enjoy, but they're mostly boring to me. The only one that Sony has shown that interests me is Hotline Miami.

Do I need to slap an IMO in every post I make? If you think they're awesome, who am I to say you're wrong. I don't find them awesome.
So you've played enough indie games to give you the ability tar them all with the same brush? How do you know they're all boring to you? Indie games isn't a genre in of itself, it encompasses a huge variety of games.

Yakuza Isshin
Everybody's Golf PS4
Gundam nobodygivesafuck game
Dynasty Warriors/ Ridge Racer / Some other mildly popular franchise

Maybe switch one of those out for a surprise announcement, like the next Demon's Souls (new IP name though)

If i read correctly, they say more than 10 titles will be playable at their booth, right?

Of course, Japanese devs will show many unannouced games which have only trailer at TGS.

Daffy Duck

8 of which will be some random japanese games people in the East will not want.

Lol.

I wonder if they will be on actual PS4 hardware, and if we will see the mythical beast that is Battlefield 4 actually running on a next gen console.

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
I thought Yoshida kind of poured cold water on hope of any Last Guardian (re-)announcement this year, in an interview a short while back? Or maybe I read that wrong.

While it's reassuring to see that toxic sentiment towards independently produced games still alive and well among some of our fellow gaffers, I somehow doubt such titles are going to be given any real presence in Japan. Come on now. Does Japan even have any real indie scene Sony could reach out to for that matter?

There'll be new titles there no doubt, but I'm thinking this TGS is just likely to be further proof of Japanese third party devs' move away from home consoles.

rvy

Banned
Why do you find them boring? The lack of cutscenes? Inferior graphics? Just general "cheap" feel? It can't be the gameplay because indie games cover every genre under the sun. I honestly want to know.

Although you say you don't like AAA games either so now I guess I'm confused. You like the disappearing middle tier of games? You should embrace indies because they are the new middle tier.

Most games I play and enjoy playing are either Japanese action games with too much depth to the combat, something that Rockstar makes or Shinji Mikami/Kamiya games. General wacky shit is fine too, stuff like Suda games.

I don't mind the lack of cutscenes, video game stories and writing is terrible anyway. I think some indies look like crap, some are actually far better than any AAAAAAAAA shit, "inferior graphics" are fine.
TW101 is not pushing anything and I find it awesome in terms of graphics. Same goes for Killer is Dead or The Evil Within to cite a few examples. Journey is the sort of game that looks better than the vast majority of big budget games, but when watching it being played I just find it very pretentious. It's like hipster games or something, so cool and underground, only the enlightened ones can enjoy it. Of course, this is my own fault for judging the game without playing it, but that's the vibe I get. It looks like the sort of game with no depth to the gameplay mechanics, but because it's so artsy-looking, people go for it anyway.

Then you have stuff like Mark of the Ninja, which is amazing.

Cheapness for me is always in terms of polish. How well the games are debugged. How the characters properly react and interact with their surroundings and how responsive they are to your commands. How much the team pays attention to small details and shit like that.

Most indie games look like and play like budget experiences, which is fine, but it's not my thing. If you can find me an indie game with combat like DMC or something, I'll gladly try it out and see if my opinion changes.

Of course, I'd gladly take indie games over AAA garbage like AC III, or Mass Effect 3. If the choice is between yearly crap like AC or 20 indie games that might have 15 shitty ones and 5 good ones, there's no contest.

So you've played enough indie games to give you the ability tar them all with the same brush? How do you know they're all boring to you? Indie games isn't a genre in of itself, it encompasses a huge variety of games.

Because they look boring. This is not rocket-science here. How do you become interested in games? By watching them, correct? Unless you're able to play anything with the snap of your fingertips.
Most indie games I have watched are boring, unappealing to me. Indies are not selling PS4s to most people. Demon's Souls 2 might.

Should there be a happy medium between no indies and no bigger budget games? Yeah, absolutely, but the PS4 doesn't have it. The vast majority of announced exclusives seem to be indie games.

I wonder if we'll get a teaser of that Final Fantasy-esque JRPG from Sony Japan that Verendus has hinted at.

That's what I'm most excited for as very few developers really make big, ambitious JRPGs anymore. I'm hoping for a really old school experience with massive production values - like Lost Odessey but with decent sales.

Top Bottom