• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SHOCKING NEWS:Sony Will Show “More than Ten” PS4 Titles at Tokyo Game Show(dont hype)

IN&OUT

Banned
Honestly I'm expecting a bunch of games that caters to the Japanese market.

Hoping for TLG reintroduction though.

Theecliff

Banned
Because they look boring. This is not rocket-science here. How do you become interested in games? By watching them, correct? Unless you're able to play anything with the snap of your fingertips. Most indie games I have watched are boring, unappealing to me. Indies are not selling PS4s to most people. Demon's Souls 2 might.
Again, why tar them all with the same brush? Have you seen all indie games ever created? Like I said in my post, indie games isn't a genre in of itself. Just because you've seen some that are unappealing to you does not mean that all indie games will be like that.

I wonder if we'll get a teaser of that Final Fantasy-esque JRPG from Sony Japan that Verendus has hinted at.

That's what I'm most excited for as very few developers really make big, ambitious JRPGs anymore. I'm hoping for a really old school experience with massive production values - like Lost Odessey but with decent sales.

he mentions this game is at early stage of development.

I have no idea how 3rd parties let Sony hold many titles back for TGS. Maybe, they have nothing to reveal :p

whasdfjlk1by77.png

IN&OUT

Banned
Again, why tar them all with the same brush? Have you seen all indie games ever created? Like I said in my post, indie games isn't a genre in of itself. Just because you've seen some that are unappealing to you does not mean that all indie games will be like that.

Show him Rosogun, if he didn't change his mind then ....

rvy

Banned

I have seen all the PS4 indies so far, yeah. Since this is a PS4 thread, I assume we're talking about the PS4 library.

Show him Rosogun, if he didn't change his mind then ....

I've seen Resogun, I don't care about it. Maybe if you showed me Mark of the Ninja II I'd be interested.

tensuke

TGS will not be that interesting.
Tearaway is going to be pleasant.
TGS will not have Persona 5.
It will be nice to see more Deep Down.
TGS will not have Demon's Souls 2.
More footage of Knack might sway me to purchase it sooner rather than later.
TGS will definitely not have The Last Guardian.

...Aw screw it, I'm hyped.

IN&OUT

Banned
I have seen all the PS4 indies so far, yeah. Since this is a PS4 thread, I assume we're talking about the PS4 library.

I've seen Resogun, I don't care about it. Maybe if you showed me Mark of the Ninja II I'd be interested.

Well, you seem like you have very specific and narrow taste of games, which is totally fine.

rvy

Banned
Well, you seem like you have very specific and narrow taste of games, which is totally fine.

I do, thank you for understanding. At this point it's so narrow that I disregard most everything and buy videogames from 4 or 5 directors/developers.

I'd take Sony indie titles over garbage like Ryse any day of the week.

TLG would be more than welcome. Heck, at this point, just seeing a title splash during tgs would be like the second coming for some.

goomba

Banned
I'd take Sony indie titles over garbage like Ryse any day of the week.

TLG would be more than welcome. Heck, at this point, just seeing a title splash during tgs would be like the second coming for some.

what do you mean by "sony indie games"? sony are not an indie developer.

Theecliff

Banned
Oh, I thought from your original comment you were implying that you thought all indie games were boring. Ok, if you aren't interested in any indie games on the PS4 yet, that's fine, I guess. Considering you said you were interested in Hotline Miami, you do realise that the sequel is coming the PS4/Vita right? Genuine question, have you actually seen a list of indie games coming to the PS4 so far?

I think there's still a lot of people that assume that an indie game means a retro or old-school looking game, without realising that games like Outlast or Warframe are also considered indie games.

rvy

Banned
Oh, I thought from your original comment you were implying that you thought all indie games were boring. Ok, if you aren't interested in any indie games on the PS4 yet, that's fine, I guess. Considering you said you were interested in Hotline Miami, you do realise that the sequel is coming the PS4/Vita right? Genuine question, have you actually seen a list of indie games coming to the PS4 so far?

I think there's still a lot of people that assume that an indie game means a retro or old-school looking game, without realising that games like Outlast or Warframe are also considered indie games.

I wouldn't go as far as saying something as ridiculous as that, I don't have an encompassing knowledge of all indie titles to make a such a dumb claim. I do know that Hotline Miami is coming to PS4 and I'm interested in it.
Same goes for Warframe, for example. Mainly because it's F2P so I can try it before buying anything.

As far as the list, I have suffered through 2 Sony conferences, so I got a lot of info about indies from there, then I researched the rest on YT.

This clearly means there will be a sampling of some of the indie titles previously announced at Sony's booth. It doesn't sound to me like there will be a slew of newly announced titles.

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood
Title:
"SHOCKING NEWS:Sony Will Show “More than Ten” PS4 Titles at Tokyo Game Show(dont hype)"

OP:
"meaning that there should be at least four(japanese ps4) titles that haven’t been announced yet."

"Including PS3, PS Vita and PS Mobile the publisher will show over fifty titles."

Why???
Why some playstation threads are so shy? Like that one of vita having more good games on metacritic than the 3ds "but it doesn't mean that vita has better games than the 3ds" ?!?!?!

This clearly means there will be a sampling of some of the indie titles previously announced at Sony's booth. It doesn't sound to me like there will be a slew of newly announced titles.

Oh, good. We're to the "there probably won't be that many game announcements" stage of the thread. Let's try and remember that we were warned not to expect many new games at Gamescom and Sony announced 15 titles there.

Hyunashi

Not gonna hype myself, for all we know it might be just 4 more indie games
although I am solemnly praying for TLG or a AAA JRPG

Ponn

Banned
How? That's one massive leap of logic you've done there.

Actually i would have to ask why you think that is a massive leap of logic. Sony has been very indie focused lately and every show since has E3 has had a big indie showing. The article says nothing about brand new unannounced games and in this case is specifically talking about the games PLAYABLE on the show floor. Sony will probably announce some new games but in the context of the article and playable show floor demos how exactly would it be a leap of logic to expect the other games to be indie games? A hellof a lot more likely than a playable Dark Cloud or Last Guardian.

Shig

Strap on your hooker ...
Gimme another Tokyo Jungle with areas that are interconnected at multiple points rather than one big straight line.

Fox_Mulder

Rockefellers. Skull and Bones. Microsoft. Al Qaeda. A Cabal of Bankers. The melting point of steel. What do these things have in common? Wake up sheeple, the landfill wasn't even REAL!
Top Bottom