• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Shuhei Yoshida confirms all games at Sony conference shown on standard PS4

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
If you knew what to look for this was clear but I'm glad they came out and clarified it. Really hope to see some of these games at 60fps on Neo if possible.

Also ND needs to use the motion blur that SSM is using instead of their ghosty grainy implementation

We've barely seen big AAA first party titles on this system and now several years in I'm not that surprised. Especially after playing Uncharted 4. These machines are more capable than they get credit for here.

TyrantII

Besides Horizon, what games that were shown did people think we possibly on Neo?

I'm still wondering about Spiderman. Might just be a tech demo or vertical slice rendered on a PS4.

I hope not. Sonys been good about making sure they hit what they show after the Killzone brouhaha

JobenNC

This was confirmed to be ingame.

o6c6wJI.gif

Let it sink in.

The Neo is gonna murder it all.

2017 is looking legit terrifying. I don't know how I'm going to find the time.

Kaako

Felium Defensor
All the power in the world is useless if you don't have the talent than can utilize it properly. Sony first party came in flexing at this E3 on OG PS4.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
Besides Horizon, what games that were shown did people think we possibly on Neo?

God of war looked insane and far point looked damn good for a vr title. Other than that nothing in particular.

Either way that's good to hear, can't even imagine what neo would look like then.

Ricky_R

Probably because anyone familiar with e3 knows all about the smoke and mirrors that have existed many a time.

I understand, but Sony has been legit from day one this gen. No reason to think they are showing footage not achievable on the PS4.

bunkitz

Thinking about The Last of Us and how Naughty Dog managed to squeeze all that power out of the PS3 late in the generation excites me for the rest of this generation. Well, if generations are still a thing, anyway... Regardless, games will only look better and better. It's crazy and I love it so much.
I don't think they ever said it was... in fact Kojima has been open about the fact that they don't even have an engine picked yet.

That's the confusing part, though. Right before the trailer played, he specifically said that it was in-engine.

xxracerxx

Don't worry, I'll vouch for them.
God of war looked fantastic enough to make me doubt the ps4 version would look like this in realtime.

giphy.gif

It's like people have not played some of the exclusives on PS4 or a God of War game before.

I also feel like people forget what 3 years into a new generation looks like, the leaps in graphics are normal.

icespide

Banned
everything at sony's press conference looked great but none of it looked so good that I didn't believe it was on a OG PS4

brawly

This was not running on ps4. I respect Kojima and Cerny, but no way.

giphy.gif

A PS4 can easily run this model. Nothing is going on there.And I think UC4 in-game cutscenes look as good as that.

God of war looked fantastic enough to make me doubt the ps4 version would look like this in realtime.

Doubting Kojima is one thing, but SSM? Did you see how God of War 3 looked and ran on that old ass PS3?

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
Thinking about The Last of Us and how Naughty Dog managed to squeeze all that power out of the PS3 late in the generation excites me for the rest of this generation. Well, if generations are still a thing, anyway... Regardless, games will only look better and better. It's crazy and I love it so much.

That's the confusing part, though. Right before the trailer played, he specifically said that it was in-engine.

Yeah just saw the clip and I agree... no chance.

TyrantII

This was not running on ps4. I respect Kojima and Cerny, but no way.

giphy.gif

That was using the engine they're thinking of using. Its 100% a tech demo though, similar to the wizard demo from years back.

You can pack a lot more in with fixed cameras and no need for game code and assets.

muteki

Everything is probably targeting to look like that on ps4, but I would have an easier time believing it was running "on" PC.

W1SSY

I think Jeff Bakalar of Beastcast and CNEt fame said this on twitter after the conference so glad to see Shu also say it. It makes sense for them to continue showing everything on the base PS4 because that is what people have. Hopefully that is the same route they go with when the Neo is released.

Top Bottom