• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Shulk Confirmed for Super Smash Bros. for Wii U and 3DS

Sheroking

image.php

It's funny you posted a picture of WW Link, because I was just playing WWHD and realized that Link has a pretty significant bulge when you're in a crawl space. Creepy.

Axass

As a straight male I can't wait to play with swimsuit Shulk
and with Zero Suit Samus alt
. That's how you have equity, by adding more for everybody, not by taking away.

Holy shit, this is amazing. Like we knew he was coming, but watching it in HD with the voices, stage and music is still amazing.

Also Riki and Dunban in final Smash, would have loved for it to be members of the team at random.

Glorious british voices. And love that they included some of the memes (the famous reyn time is now Shulk time lol).

Also thought ending was robotnik or dr wily, but it's metal face, probably acting as a boss.

And someone needs to start shulking dicks.

EDIT
Oh well, get in line.

Perfect lol

ultron87

Unfinished Battle or Engage the Enemy (Sakurai pls) would be everything I'll ever need

I'd also be fine with Engage the Enemy. Another great one.

Mechanical Rhythm is playing after he delivers his "Shulk Time" line and the Monado is cycling through its symbols.

Nice catch, I didn't notice that since it is so short. Another lovely inclusion.

(I may or may not be almost as excited about Smash music as I am about characters.)

MisterHero

Great another sword character.

*yawn*
Shulk's not just a sword user. Without getting TOO spoilery, the Monado is more like a magic key. Its most basic function as a weapon is part of its ability to destroy. Later on you learn that it has the power to create as well.

I think this is safe enough without citing specific events.

Anth0ny

Dicks will be shulked

Pretty awesome that Shulk was officially revealed the day after I finished Xenoblade. I'm hyped.

Village

Shulk's not just a sword user. Without getting TOO spoilery, the Monado is more like a magic key. Its most basic function as a weapon is part of its ability to destroy. Later on you learn that it has the power to create as well.

I think this is safe enough without citing specific events.

So its a keyblade.

Sora confirmed for smash 5

emb

The mode swapping thing actually has me wondering if Shulk will be a powerhouse on a competitive level.
I hope so!

The way the Miiverse comments describe it, every mode seems to have some draw backs. Can't really tell until we see try these things out. A lot of his moves looked slow in general though.

Son Of D

I hope so!

The way the Miiverse comments describe it, every mode seems to have some draw backs. Can't really tell until we see try these things out. A lot of his moves looked slow in general though.

[List of Monado Arts]
翔 (Jump): higher jumps, lower defense.
疾 (Speed): faster movement, weaker attacks.
盾(Shield): higher defense, slower movement.
斬(Buster): stronger attacks, weaker launch ability.
撃(Smash): Stronger launch ability, weaker attacks, lower defense against launching.

I imagine that launch ability is knockback so Buster will deal more % but you won't send them too far whereas Smash sends them farther away but the damage % is miniscule.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Shulk has the same amount of letters as Snake.

It's funny you posted a picture of WW Link, because I was just playing WWHD and realized that Link has a pretty significant bulge when you're in a crawl space. Creepy.

Female characters have had focus on their boobies since forever, Nintendo putting some focus on male bodyparts is just their way of bringing some equality to the table.

I mean, Falcon's new booty and Shulk. Hot damn.

JCX

The trailer ending is appropriate for me, since I am stuck in Xenoblade at the
fight with the guy who pilots metalface

Village

Kudos though for manning up and accepting your fate instead of hiding and hoping it'd blow over

... I wouldn't refer to that manning up, and waiting for it to go away would have been just as valid a response.

To suggest some type of obligation , is ... creepy.

Onaco

Female characters have had focus on their boobies since forever, Nintendo putting some focus on male bodyparts is just their way of bringing some equality to the table.

I mean, Falcon's new booty and Shulk. Hot damn.

Gotta appeal to everyone, I suppose.

Top Bottom