• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SIEE fills a bunch of new trademarks ahead of conference (Shadow Of Colossus included

Almond

I'm really have no interest in a SotC remake if the original team isn't involved. What's the point?

I'm not not sure why they would think this game needs a remake. Unless the original team wants to try and re-imagine it as their Nico project with multiplayer.

Shadow of the Colossus is my favorite game of all time, I'm totally down for a remake and I'm surprised most people aren't as well. It could look great, plus no more annoying pop in.

I hope SOTC R is a response to Zelda and has new gameplay and fills the map with stuff to do.

This is a joke post correct? So hard to read tone on GAF sometimes.

If not, I think you just need to find yourself a different game. "Filling the map" in SOTC is beyond missing the point.

Kaizer

Banned
I only started playing Shadow Of The Colossus for the first time last year on PS3 & was loving it. Whether it's a remaster or remake, I'd love to play SotC on my PS4.

ICO_SotC

I know it might be considered sacrilege to change the game in such a way, but I wouldn't mind seeing the special items you get for beating the time attacks strewn throughout the game world as a reward for exploring instead.

mindsale

I know it might be considered sacrilege to change the game in such a way, but I wouldn't mind seeing the special items you get for beating the time attacks strewn throughout the game world as a reward for exploring instead.

Yeah, I'm all for this.

CheckMate

I am having mixed feels and none of are great:

1. Who asked for this? They could've just released the remaster on PS4.
  2. Highly doubt a graphical upgrade remake will be better then the original.
  3. Sucks that we got spoiled on the surprise revel.

Lemondish

I am having mixed feels and none of are great:

1. Who asked for this? They could've just released the remaster on PS4.
  2. Highly doubt a graphical upgrade remake will be better then the original.
  3. Sucks that we got spoiled on the surprise revel.

1. If they pitched a compelling idea, and SIEE agrees, why would we think they'd lead us astray?

2. Then you lack imagination.

3. Then maybe you should have stayed away from the ONE environment in the whole world that will spoil surprises.

No pity for you, mate :p

Instro

Don't really see the purpose of a remake at this stage. A sequel of some kind would be better, but whatever I'll take it.

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
Would be nice if its not based on the european version cause i cant stand the grip on PS3.
Even with Ico, the US version is secretly the best version of the game.

Don't really see the purpose of a remake at this stage. A sequel of some kind would be better, but whatever I'll take it.
I'd say that the purpose is that it won't be lost to time, and hopefully the PS4 emulation will carry forward now that they have fairly normal architecture.

This would be pretty crazy (and awesome) if it were to happen.

itshappening.gif

Z8hbhna.gif

081.gif

NateDog

A remake seems at odds with what Ueda said about his next project, unless GenDesign aren't working on it. But I can't see them working on a remake, so if true then someone else must be making it but that doesn't make me feel good.

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?
A remake seems at odds with what Ueda said about his next project, unless GenDesign aren't working on it. But I can't see them working on a remake, so if true then someone else must be making it but that doesn't make me feel good.

Well Ueda did mention he had new ideas for and a desire to return to open world game design in one of his latest interviews.

The Last Guardian gave us a sneak peak of what it would be like in a couple of spots. ;]
Yup, said in the OT of TLG that there was one section in particular (
boy being pursued by the bad trico
) that me made wish we could get a SoTC made with modern tech and graphics

xaosslug

and all Sony has to do to introduce the game is start w/ a black screen fading in and have Wanda shouting "Argo!" and anyone that's played the game will instantly know what it is. T___T

LuuKyK

What studio would even be behind this? I dont know... probably Sony Japan right? I saw some people mentioning BluePoint, but dont they especialize on remasters only?

Harmen

A cleaned up SotC on PS4 would be nice, but if they do an actual remake with modern graphics, I'd lose my mind. Not expecting the latter though.

RSchmitz

and all Sony has to do to introduce the game is start w/ a black screen fading in and have Wanda shouting "Argo!" and anyone that's played the game will instantly know what it is. T___T

Sure, but they will likely have an orchestra and the GOAT OST at hand.

Shadow of the Colossus is my favorite game of all time, I'm totally down for a remake and I'm surprised most people aren't as well. It could look great, plus no more annoying pop in.

same here

a while ago, playing Horizon, I wondered what SotC would look like on the Decima engine. I mean..fuck if something close to that is even happening then im down for it

//DEVIL//

If they announce remake of this game I'll never ask Sony for ant other remake ever . This by far my most wanted game ever. Best game of its kind and my fav game ever.

Honestly with this rumor my hype level reached the roof . If hey don't announce it I'll be crushed

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?
True but to me it sounded like he wanted to make something on a bigger scale than SOTC's style of open world.

Oh yeah I agree. Not to read into it too much as he says nothing else about his next game but he does seem to want to return to an open world game design.

True but to me it sounded like he wanted to make something on a bigger scale than SOTC's style of open world.
Well if a remake could incorporate the colossi that were just concept arts/cut, the world would probably need to be on a bigger scale. And the scale that the colossus could be on a modern engine might necessitate a larger overall scale

Top Bottom