• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sledghammer: Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare not coming to Wii U, Treyarch not on game

StevieP

Banned
first parties are publishers, not developers. MS/Sony/Nintendo have all sorts of developers, some that they own and some that they don't, create games for them. These are all first party games.

This would be what nintendo considers a "second party game" I believe.

Overall it's slightly more powerful but it's clearly in the same ball park as ps360, and came out 8 years later, it's nintendo's fault for not making hardware much better then current gen for developers like Microsoft and especially sony did.

That has absolutely nothing to do with anything related to not upgrading any aspect of the port. That's more budget/time/etc. The small team at Treyarch had specific goals given by their budget and time, and I'm sure visuals were at the very bottom of that list outside of framerate. Not everyone has the time to do what Nintendo or criterion or what have you can do with the box. Like I said, the machine isn't going to be brute forcing anything.

Sayter

first parties are publishers, not developers. MS/Sony/Nintendo have all sorts of developers, some that they own and some that they don't, create games for them. These are all first party games.

Their used to be a term called "second party". If the platform maker published the game that was made by an outside developer. True third party would be a game developed, and published, by outside companies.

Trancos

That's usually called second party. When you own the IP (or the publishing rights ) or the developer but not both.

SmokedMeat

Gamer™
To be fair, dual analog has a major aim assist advantage in BO2. I think it was toned down a bit in Ghosts. If it wasn't there the dual analog folks would likely be slaughtered.

Yeah, but it's there, and perhaps to level the playing field.
Still, it's not all just about what controller you use, but how well you know the maps. What's your load out? Anyways I should be heading into the man cave right now to play Diablo, but now I'm in the mood to fire up some Wii U Blops 2 lol

This would be what nintendo considers a "second party game" I believe.

That has absolutely nothing to do with anything related to not upgrading any aspect of the port. That's more budget/time/etc. The small team at Treyarch had specific goals given by their budget and time, and I'm sure visuals were at the very bottom of that list outside of framerate. Not everyone has the time to do what Nintendo or criterion or what have you can do with the box. Like I said, the machine isn't going to be brute forcing anything.

If nintendo made a Cleary more powerful machine those upgrades would come for free, instead developers are struggling to match frame rate on most ps360 games, with a few rare exceptions that look slightly better and they were late ports with extra dev time.

StevieP

Banned
If nintendo made a Cleary more powerful machine those upgrades would come for free, instead developers are struggling to match frame rate on most ps360 games, with a few rare exceptions that look slightly better and they were late ports with extra dev time.

It took developers a long time to come to grips with the previous generation consoles and properly exploit their features. Luckily for them, this generation presents much less of that esoteric nature (and they aren't developing Wii u games anyway).

Regardless, it has nothing to do with your original point and the poster you were responding to that rightfully said that Activision made the bare minimum amount of effort on said ports. And I'm not talking about the team at Treyarch in this context. They were told what to give by their publisher and they delivered it.

AniHawk

Nintendo is publishing it on a Nintendo platform. That's first party.

nintendo published rayman legends on a nintendo platform. it didn't make it a first-party game.

being a publisher doesn't ascribe special ownership powers to said publisher. the ip holder is still the ip holder.

nintendo published rayman legends on a nintendo platform. it didn't make it a first-party game.

being a publisher doesn't ascribe special ownership powers to said publisher. the ip holder is still the ip holder.

ip holder and first party publisher are not mutually exclusive. Insomniac is an independent developer. They own the Sunset Overdrive IP. Is it not a first party MS game?

AniHawk

ip holder and first party publisher are not mutually exclusive. Insomniac is an independent developer. They own the Sunset Overdrive IP. Is it not a first party MS game?

no, it is not. it's a third-party insomniac game exclusive to the xbox one, and published by microsoft.

iKhayal18

We can always try...

https://www.change.org/p/sledgehammer-games-bring-cod-aw-to-wiiu-lots-of-wiiu-users-play-m-rated-games#share

As some people has already said in this thread, COD on Wii U would not just benefit from the use of the Gamepad, but from the exclusive controls that the Wii controller provides and that cannot be found in any other platform. I don't understand if Nuketown for COD: BO2 was a wink or just a consolation prize for not brining AW to Wii U. Let's hope that we are still able to change their minds... They had the team, I can imagine that it won't be that difficult, even if we have to wait a little longer (as usual).

Orgen

I've just bought BLOPS 2 Wii U for 10€ (and Goldeneye 007 Wii for 3€).

It's a pity but there's no audience for this titles (CoD and AC) on Wii U. Maybe I'm wrong but I've always thought that the majority of CoD users are teens and most of Wii U users are kids or grownups, so it's impossible for these titles to reach millions of sales (or hundreds of thousands) on Wii U.

Maybe the next CoD will have a Wii U versión... (I doubt it)

I've just bought BLOPS 2 Wii U for 10€ (and Goldeneye 007 Wii for 3€).

It's a pity but there's no audience for this titles (CoD and AC) on Wii U. Maybe I'm wrong but I've always thought that the majority of CoD users are teens and most of Wii U users are kids or grownups, so it's impossible for these titles to reach millions of sales (or hundreds of thousands) on Wii U.

Maybe the next CoD will have a Wii U versión... (I doubt it)

Good choice on Goldeneye. Best Wiimote shooter ever. Do people still play that game though?

prag16

Banned
Good choice on Goldeneye. Best Wiimote shooter ever. Do people still play that game though?

Apparently it's still isn't hard to find matches in TDM at the minimum.

Great wii remote shooter, but for me at least was plagued by cursor hitches/stalls, something that never really happened with CoD, even on Wii.

Discomurf

Apparently it's still isn't hard to find matches in TDM at the
minimum.

Great wii remote shooter, but for me at least was plagued by cursor hitches/stalls, something that never really happened with CoD, even on Wii.

Yeah, the framerate was horrible in multiplayer on Goldeneye Wii. I'd say Black Ops still holds up the best out of the Wii FPSes, and online is still up. I also remember Medal of Honors muliplayer being fun for a while. Its no longer running... it was a bit limited of a game but it ran at 60fps with 32 players.

Bulbasaur

Banned
since wii u day one, COD has been the one game I've seen constantly on sale. At least they tried again with Ghosts. Don't blame em I'm not buying that propaganda. That's right I said it.

Discomurf

Did anyone play The Conduit 2? What do you think of it?

Completely average game IMO - graphics were overrated, they pulled off some decent effects but the art direction and story were just bad. Some people raved about the pointer controls but I always thought they felt a lot less polished then the COD games. High Voltage definitely deserved an 'E' for effort though.

prag16

Banned
Completely average game IMO - graphics were overrated, they pulled off some decent effects but the art direction and story were just bad. Some people raved about the pointer controls but I always thought they felt a lot less polished then the COD games. High Voltage definitely deserved an 'E' for effort though.
Yeah. Mediocre game, but good enough that I wouldn't mind seeing them get a crack at a Wii U pointer controlled shooter.

nordique

Shame this isn't making the Wii u but it's understandable.

I would have got it on Wii u I find the pro controller awesome for FPS games

Hopefully treyarchs next COD makes the Wii u

DOWN

Banned
I'm more interested in Splatoon than COD:AW
Splatoon2.jpg

That looks like a crappy plastic toy line that you find these days like Bratz and Monster High or whatever those tacky looking toys are.

ozfunghi

Might aswell change it to no EA, Deep Silver, Ubisoft, Rockstar/2K, Capcom, Activision, Bethesda and Square Enix going forward.

Generic cookie cutter response.

"I got W101, Pikman 3, MK8 cart to play anyway!"

Interesting made-up dumbass response you got there. Especially since owners of Pikmin more than likely know the game is called Pikmin.

Effect

Decent game. Not great but the effort is certainly there. There is nothing glaringly wrong or bad I feel. The first game was very bland though and simply okay or not bad. Conduit 2 has some interesting locations even if it is a corridor shooter. Controls are great with a lot options. Gun play felt good even if the gun sounds aren't great by today's standards. I found the online to be fun for a while but felt it was really unbalanced at the time. Some interesting map designs that have multiple levels. It has a decent length to it from what I remember. If one is able to get a copy cheaply I recommend playing it. Same wiith Red Steel 2 which I feel is a pretty good. I would not be against a Conduit 3 in the end. Especially after that crazy ending.

There are a number of Wii games that deserve to be played again. I wish Nintendo had Wii games on the eShop.

Something interesting. The thing that is Destiny that is voiced by Peter Dinklage and how it's used was done in Conduit 2. This is one of the many reasons why I'm not impressed by Destiny. So many of it's game mechanics were done in other games first.

xandaca

Decent, a significant improvement over the first game but still pretty average. Had some nice ideas here and there but really didn't stand out in any way. I believe it sold about a tenth of the first game's numbers, which is unsurprising given how poisonous the Conduit name had become after the unrealistically OTT expectations were brought crashing down to reality. It also had an endearingly batsh*t ending, which was the moment part of the whole thing.

Mlatador

Banned

I LOVE IT! It's has amazing IR Pointer Controls (just make sure of the extensive configuration options, to adjust them to your liking/very own wrist/hand movement habbits), but then it feels soooo smoth and precise to shoot and look around, it's great.

Graphically it is one of the best games on the Wii. It has a lot and very creative weapons and an interesting and crazy conspiracy story that doesn't take itself too seriously. This in combination with the great controls makes it just a fun game.

The online modes were great, but unfortunately the Wii servers shut down, so you won't be able to experience those.

So all in all I recoomend it, unless you don't like IR Pointer Controls or are not willing to spend a bit of time to master them, because to me the smooth controls are a big part of what makes the game so fun.
With dual analog it just might be an ok game, opposed to a great game. For example, this game has one of the coolest high tech sniper weapons ever that can see and shoot through walls, which is best controlled with the wiimote.

prag16

Banned
Curious.. outside of COD did any first or third person shooter utilize pointer controls on Wii U?

Nope. 007 Legends would have been the next candidate (GE Wii devs), but that did not have it.

The slow painful death of pointer controls for shooters saddens me.

Discomurf

Nope. 007 Legends would have been the next candidate (GE Wii devs), but that did not have it.

The slow painful death of pointer controls for shooters saddens me.

Did a little digging and it looks like these are the only other shooters that support the Wii Remote:

- Zombi U (Multiplayer Only)
- NintendoLand

...guess that's it. :/

That looks like a crappy plastic toy line that you find these days like Bratz and Monster High or whatever those tacky looking toys are.

If you can't see the difference in design quality between the examples you mentioned and the functional design of Splatoon then maybe you should stick to CoD.

Top Bottom