• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Smash Wii U/3DS: 3 Character Slots & 3 Stage Slots Found in Recent Patch Data (1.1.1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

J@hranimo

Banned
I must say, if this all pans out and we get seven total DLC characters...

48 base characters + Three Mii Fighters + 7 DLC characters = 58 characters. That's pretty insane we made it this far.

That actually surpasses the amount of characters in MVC2, lol.

Yeah it's crazy. So much stuff in this game it's mindboggling @__@

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
CQSHseKUAAE6TRE.png

Just wild theory. Did you see the stage slots (omega and normal) between Mario Maker and Duck Hunt? I wonder if it's newcomer or returning character is going to bundle with a stage since it might meant new franchise but they held them back for future release date.

I'm guessing Wolf, Shovel Knight, & Professor Layton based on recent rumors.

That would be safe bet to go with. That's how low my expectation actually is.

Just enough space for Isaac from Golden Sun, Isaac from Golden Sun 2, and Isaac from Golden Sun 3! Perfect!

Actually if I had to guess it's Shovel Knight and then who even knows. I hope Saffron 64 is in there too with all the Pokemon.

Jackal27 pls. I would love to see Isaac being in the game but his chance is like 0.000001% ;_;

Not knowing what you're working on is one of the things the voice actors' strike is about.
That strike won't change that fact. There are people who work in big software companies, and don't know what they're developing for, until much later when it's almost ready for public announcement.

21XX

Banned
Kyle Hebert didn't know that he was recording for Ryu in Vanilla Street Fighter IV until he saw the word "Hadouken" in the script.

Haha, crazy. Seems strange from the actor's perspective, but I guess I can understand it. Although they would never say to a film actor/actress "Ok, here's the scene buuuuuut we can't say what movie you're making..."

Neoxon

Haha, crazy. Seems strange from the actor's perspective, but I guess I can understand it. Although they would never say to a film actor/actress "Ok, here's the scene buuuuuut we can't say what movie you're making..."
True, but let's just say that studios like Marvel Studios & especially Lucasfilm are pretty air-tight when it comes to their actors leaking stuff.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
I've been seeing Miku since the initial Smash 4 PotD Hype Train. What's the whole deal behind her?

It's just people wanting their waifu being in the game despite that their IP didn't started on video games. I think they debut on computer game or anime first. (I don't really follow the franchise.)

-Horizon-

It's just people wanting their waifu being in the game despite that their IP didn't started on video games. I think they debut on anime first. (I don't really follow the franchise since I don't really care.)
Silly Heath, Miku isn't my waifu. Another blue haired goddess has already taken that honor.

I've been seeing Miku since the initial Smash 4 PotD Hype Train. What's the whole deal behind her?

I'm pretty sure it was due to a magazine feature (which Sakurai retweeted himself) that featured a popularity poll for the most wanted SSB4 characters (made prior to SSB4's reveal), and Miku in her chibified project mirai form got a pretty high placing.

I have no idea where to find that image now though.

I'm pretty sure it was due to a magazine feature (which Sakurai retweeted himself) that featured a popularity poll for the most wanted SSB4 characters (made prior to SSB4's reveal), and Miku in her chibified project mirai form got a pretty high placing.

I have no idea where to find that image now though.

That poll had nothing to do with Smash. It was some generic "who is your favorite video game character?" questionnaire. Miku barely beat Waluigi.

Crayolan

It's just people wanting their waifu being in the game despite that their IP didn't started on video games. I think they debut on computer game or anime first. (I don't really follow the franchise.)

Horizon's waifu is already in smash though.

I don't think there is a "deal", some people just like Miku and like Smash, so Miku in Smash would be cool for them even if it's never gonna happen.

Feltrol

Banned
Horizon's waifu is already in smash though.

I don't think there is a "deal", some people just like Miku and like Smash, so Miku in Smash would be cool for them even if it's never gonna happen.

Duck Hunt? You have to admit it surprised many. Completely unexpected!

Crayolan

Duck Hunt? You have to admit it surprised many. Completely unexpected!

I don't see how you can use Duck Hunt as a measure for Miku's likelihood of getting Smash. One is a retro Nintendo character, which we have one of in every smash game, and one is a non-video game original character not owned by Nintendo.

Feltrol

Banned
I don't see how you can use Duck Hunt as a measure for Miku's likelihood of getting Smash. One is a retro Nintendo character, which we have one of in every smash game, and one is a non-video game original character not owned by Nintendo.

Miku showing up would be more similar to Goku or Naruto showing up. Their origins are outside games, despite having a game series that's popular.

Miku isnt nintendo. Duck hunt is easier to put in. Like really, you know this, dont be delusional and try to claim its the same situation

Sorry guys, didn't know what was I thinking posting that.

One slot is for Wonder Red!

Even though I root for (Venom) Snake and Krystal, I wanted Wonder Red since the beginning. Will he make it this time? :D

Maengun1

Dixie Kong is my number 1 want at this point, but who knows. I feel like K. Rool is more likely (if anyone from DK gets in at all, which who knows).

I'm not a fan of Wolf at all, but I feel like he has to be a near lock. And I was lucky enough to get my Brawl main Lucas back, so I'll be happy for the Wolf fans when/if that happens.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
I just want Wolf back.

Also I'm glad people calling Wolf a clone are now certified trolls.

Miku showing up would be more similar to Goku or Naruto showing up. Their origins are outside games, despite having a game series that's popular.

Pretty sure Miku isn't a "waifu".

Also just clarifying. She is a vocaloid, a personification of a software dedicated for making synthetic voices that eventually became used in video games. In a sense, she is ROB. While she is not a video game character (in a strict sense), she is in a tier higher than Naruto or Goku. It is like saying ROB shouldn't be in Smash because he is a peripheral.

Wolf seems like a lock

Pichu for surprise last minute troll

Just give me brinstar depths , the FD stage can have kraid just watching the fight and wanting to flip the stage but can't

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom