• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Smash Wii U & 3DS Downloadable Characters Discussion and Information on Smash Ballot

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've seen the Meteor being referred to as a fireball or a comet many times in this thread and I feel old.

I am probably older than you, and I played FF7, I just played it when it originally came out, never again since I didn't like it (my only attempt at replaying it ended after the bike chase) and didn't care enough for it's really rubbish story to remember the phrases and names of places, people and items.

Tyeforce

Final Fantasy's icon in Smash Bros. being the meteor from FFVII wouldn't be much different from Xenoblade Chronicle's icon being the Monado or even Fire Emblem's icon being Marth's Falchion. They're all things that related to a specific entry in the series, but have nothing to do with other titles in the franchise.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
Meteor...? :lol

In the direct on my iPad it was like 3 inches big. I don't know how much you know about meteors (I'm an expert) but being huge is a big part of it.
I am probably older than you, and I played FF7, I just played it when it originally came out, never again since I didn't like it (my only attempt at replaying it ended after the bike chase) and didn't care enough for it's really rubbish story to remember the phrases and names of places, people and items.
Comet is a completely different spell from Meteor though! Not even the same magic class. :p

Jawmuncher

I need that announcement already. Really hope the direct is early December.
Would be awesome if we got it the same week as VGAs and PSX.

Zubz

Banned
New thread?

Because there's good reason to believe that this presentation'll mark the end of Smash DLC, we're apparently keeping this thread until then. If it's not the end, we'll get OT2, but if it is, we'll just move there. Or at least, that's what I gathered from Heath.

I need that announcement already. Really hope the direct is early December.
Would be awesome if we got it the same week as VGAs and PSX.

I dunno. I'm excited for all 3 events, but I don't want the week to feel too packed. It would be pretty hype, though.

Jawmuncher

Because there's good reason to believe that this presentation'll mark the end of Smash DLC, we're apparently keeping this thread until then. If it's not the end, we'll get OT2, but if it is, we'll just move there. Or at least, that's what I gathered from Heath.

I dunno. I'm excited for all 3 events, but I don't want the week to feel too packed. It would be pretty hype, though.

I hope at the least it's no later than the 16th.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom