• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SNES Classic announced for 9/29, $80, 21 games, has Star Fox 2 [more units than NESC]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't feel miserable, USGAF. Maybe preordering isn't necessary at all.
Maybe NoA got such a huge amount of boxes allocated so that there will be more than enough on launch day and everybody just walks into their Sears or Radio Shack and gets as many consoles as they want. And all the wannabe scalpers cry like little schoolgirls...

gallery_1969_834_49234.jpg

maxcriden

I've officially thought myself out of wanting this. Between the lack of information re: how we might be able to buy these things (aside from release day battle royales), and the realization that I'd only sit in the middle of my living room to accommodate a controller with a 5ft cord approximately one time before, I just can't get it up anymore. I think I'm going to go back to the pre-announcement plan of bitching that these games aren't available on the Nintendo platform I've spent a hefty chunk of change on.

Good luck to everyone else though. I'm sure I'll be back on the other side of the fence for another 24 hours come 9/29.

I hear ya. Hopefully they will be made available on Switch soon enough.

About the controller length, though, just FWIW, I found with the NES classic, we would keep the system next to us on our sofa and that way the reset button (which activates save states) was right next to us and as a result the controller length wasn't an issue.

Blam

I have to commend many of the users on this board, for in the nearly 2 days this thread has been up and through thousands of responses, I have yet to see (almost) anyone be put down, insulted or spoken to in an obviously condescending manner for asking even very basic questions that anyone who has any knowledge on alerts or securing high demand items would normally know.

You get a lot of popping in here from seemingly out of no where just to ask questions that have been answered possibly 100's times, like should I use the Amazon Alert/Notify Me option (lol) and while many will jokingly encourage it, the sarcasm is evident enough that you get a kick out of it and the person gets the idea.

Applaud yourselves.

Eh might wanna retract that statement. There was quite a few salty peeps in this thread about the UK US thing.

Hastati

I have to commend many of the users on this board, for in the nearly 2 days this thread has been up and through thousands of responses, I have yet to see (almost) anyone be put down, insulted or spoken to in an obviously condescending manner for asking even very basic questions that anyone who has any knowledge on alerts or securing high demand items would normally know.

You get a lot of popping in here from seemingly out of no where just to ask questions that have been answered possibly 100's times, like should I use the Amazon Alert/Notify Me option (lol) and while many will jokingly encourage it, the sarcasm is evident enough that you get a kick out of it and the person gets the idea.

Applaud yourselves.

everyone has been cool, some good talks about books, biologically superior actors, the meaninglessness of it all etc. been fun times!

except you snake fish, I'm going to take this opportunity to put you down for your barbaric behaviour

JayBabay

Eh might wanna retract that statement. There was quite a few salty peeps in this thread about the UK US thing.

To be fair, this is in direct reference to people asking basic questions.

To your point - I must have not read enough because I thought I would see a lot more people from the UK outraged on US buyers taking some of the stock, like you sound like you are implying, but it seemed pretty undramatic from what I witnessed. Maybe at the time it went live yesterday morning punches were being thrown.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom